ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite win of the Fat Bradstard era (wins over Clem & Carquest Bowl win excluded)?

Rod Dangerfield

Jan 12, 2010
I gotta go with '96 over UGa. Was Duce Staley's breakout party.

Close second is '94 @ LSU....but that LSU team was pretty sorry. Had to have been to lose to a Fat Bradstard coached team.

I gotta go with '96 over UGa. Was Duce Staley's breakout party.

Close second is '94 @ LSU....but that LSU team was pretty sorry. Had to have been to lose to a Fat Bradstard coached team.
Negotiation of his pay on the Heinz commercial
giphy.gif

The win @ LSU in 94 was cool. I used to go to all of them and a buddy of mine went and sat on home side about 25 yd line.

After game, all USC fans were gathering in corner near our locker room and ole Fat Boy went in the locker room to call out the players to celebrate. So, when FB tries to return to field - security guard won't let him or other "back onto field."

I am 3 feet away and witnessed Scott pleading his case with security personnel (remember, BS was known for his Faith and Boy Scout image) and finally BS saw he wasn't going back and he stuck his finger in security guys chest and said, "we just kicked your ass didn't we?"

I called his show that Thursday and congratulated him on win and then asked about his issue with security guy and we should talk about what he said and he responded (paraphrase) "shh...let's not talk about that; my wife listen's to this show" He had a good sense of humor and you (the fan) needed a good sense of humor to watch that 1998 team and 97 CU loss

Reactions: GeorgeMasonCock
96 UGA game was the first to mind. Another was 1995 at M St. Partly because of the offensive explosion and partly because I was high on pain medication from dental surgery.

The win @ LSU in 94 was cool. I used to go to all of them and a buddy of mine went and sat on home side about 25 yd line.

After game, all USC fans were gathering in corner near our locker room and ole Fat Boy went in the locker room to call out the players to celebrate. So, when FB tries to return to field - security guard won't let him or other "back onto field."

I am 3 feet away and witnessed Scott pleading his case with security personnel (remember, BS was known for his Faith and Boy Scout image) and finally BS saw he wasn't going back and he stuck his finger in security guys chest and said, "we just kicked your ass didn't we?"

I called his show that Thursday and congratulated him on win and then asked about his issue with security guy and we should talk about what he said and he responded (paraphrase) "shh...let's not talk about that; my wife listen's to this show" He had a good sense of humor and you (the fan) needed a good sense of humor to watch that 1998 team and 97 CU loss
He did have a good sense of humor he made us all laugh at his coaching.

The bowl win over West Virginia, probably. Mostly because I'd never seen the Gamecocks win a bowl before.

Oct 7, 1995

South Carolina 77 Kent State 14

The game that most resembles the results when i play with the Gamecocks on the NCAA video games!

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

hey, u get wet:) anytime u win the schools 1st game @ the red stick its big!

The biggest when is when he left. It was also the biggest win for us.

Reading comprehension difficulty appears to be one of the plagues of the 21st century.

Well, yup. You got me.

Excuse A: I mistook the question mark after the parenthetical comment to mean the OP wasn't sure whether those should be excluded.
Excuse B: I didn't read past "favorite win of fat Bradstard era" part of thread title.
Excuse C: I was drunk at a bar posting from my phone and a lady midget ran out of the bathroom and grabbed my nuts.

Still love this commercial.

I played little league football with his son Jon in 1995. I still remember Brad Scott coming out to one of our games one night and congratulating us on our win after our game. That was a cool moment.

For me it's definitely the 1996 UGA game. Duce had a crazy game. That '96 team was a fun team to watch. Lost two close games to Auburn and Miss St that we should have won; otherwise we would have finished 8-3 and went to a good bowl.

The bowl win over West Virginia, probably. Mostly because I'd never seen the Gamecocks win a bowl before.
None of us had....I saw that weekend 3 games: KC/Miami playoff game which was Joe Montana's last game, National Championship next night of Miami / Nebraska (Dr. Tom's 1st) and then our game

Reactions: GeorgeMasonCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT