ADVERTISEMENT

FB Operations Building

Poultry King

Sep 15, 2008
We have seen only a pic of the proposed lobby...been told about grand meeting rooms and exercise rooms. Here is what a recruit had to say of Clemson's...

"It was an awesome campus," he said. "I've been there plenty of other times but this was the first time for me seeing their new facilities. I like the basketball court and all the other stuff but something that really stuck out to me was the weight room and the slide. That's different from other colleges. Coach Bates is telling me just to keep grinding and it (an offer) is coming soon. It would be a big impact because I've liked Clemson for a while and that would move them into my top five."

- Jamarcus Chatman (DE)

I think we will have everything Clemson has. With the exception to the hill, the slide, the nap room, and the putt putt course. We may have something like the fire pits they have. Ours will look more professional and business oreinted. Clemson's will look more fun and "party" oreinted, I use he term party loosely. It just looks like a fun environment, but I think a lot is just there to catch the recruits eyes. We will both most likely have the same facilities inside that has to do with the development of our athletes.

It seems over the top to me too BUT

Kids today are typically "over the top"
Look at Oregon wackiness. But it works.

Bama, So Cal, Mich, OSU can recruit on legacy. But the rest of us need to differentiate somehow.
He said "Its different than the other schools ".

Reactions: jon#
It seems over the top to me too BUT

Kids today are typically "over the top"
Look at Oregon wackiness. But it works.

Bama, So Cal, Mich, OSU can recruit on legacy. But the rest of us need to differentiate somehow.
He said "Its different than the other schools ".

The over-the-topness of program frills is definitely an interesting recruiting variable now. On the outside looking in, it's mind numbingly silly. But if everyone else is doing it, and it works, you can either be Clint Eastwood shaking his fist on the front porch and lose recruits, or you can give in to the absurdity of it and land the big name recruits who "require" the frills. I don't envy college recruiters now-a-days. You have to be more Jerry Maguire than Bear Bryant.

This thread makes me sick. Millenial generation sucks bad!
Agree! But you can shout at the wind all we want. We need something to differentiate us.
Plus, you'd think a building this hyped would have released some more renderrings by now. It's as if we are ashamed of it.

You and I are getting too old to play SEC FB...if I ever could have.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
You could install an arcade, popcorn machine, small theater for such a little cost.

Do what it takes or catch up 10 years from now when everyone already has it.

The coaches mean very little. It's all about getting the players.

The over-the-topness of program frills is definitely an interesting recruiting variable now. On the outside looking in, it's mind numbingly silly. But if everyone else is doing it, and it works, you can either be Clint Eastwood shaking his fist on the front porch and lose recruits, or you can give in to the absurdity of it and land the big name recruits who "require" the frills. I don't envy college recruiters now-a-days. You have to be more Jerry Maguire than Bear Bryant.
I'd rather be Bob Sugar than Jerry MaGuire. Jerry got smoked.

Reactions: LAST MANGO
we need one of these- this would set us apart:

298F70DC00000578-0-image-a-80_1434112878685.jpg

Why don't we just build a city, add a a lot of nice places to live around it. A place that has actual business opportunities. A place where you will be able to find a job for life that doesn't include the following:
Farming, well we have that too but that's pretty much the extent of jobs in tatertown. Unless you want to work at Chick fil a. Oh wait a recruit said they didn't even have that.

Just move Carolwinds from Charlotte down to behind the new Football Ops building when finished. Change the name to BoomOwinds. :D

Holy cow quit posting about Clemson. We don't give a flying $€¥€ what their football operations building looks like. It's a slide, big whoop. The first time a 300 pound Lineman gets his leg caught on the side of the slide and tears his knee up they will get rid of it. It you wanna talk about what they have here's a good site for you to consider www.tigernet.com

Holy cow quit posting about Clemson. We don't give a flying $€¥€ what their football operations building looks like. It's a slide, big whoop. The first time a 300 pound Lineman gets his leg caught on the side of the slide and tears his knee up they will get rid of it. It you wanna talk about what they have here's a good site for you to consider www.tigernet.com
NO one is talking about Clemson's EXCEPT THE RECRUIT !!!!!
We can't even see an artist rendering of anything besides the lobby!!!!
The problem w your 300 lb OL/DT prognostication is...THEY WILL HAVE HIM ON THEIR TEAM TO HURT HIS LEG; AS OPPOSED TO BEING ON OUR TEAM!

I think it's over the top; but it is where the market is.....deal with it, win your way to where no one cares, or catch up.

quempsum's building is over the top according to some. I think one has to look at like an 18 year old and go from there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT