ADVERTISEMENT

feaster ...up the middle every damn time

his success he had while at clemson wasnt from running between the tackles....they would get hime outside and matched up with a linebacker and just ate teams up.

Reactions: howard13
Remember Muschamp praised Roper for that exact play. After one of the games where we had a 50 yard run coming out of one of those draws he got in the press conference and said we averaged 4.5 yards a carry running up the middle so it’s the most effective place to run.

He didn't have that much success at Clemson. He was the fourth best running back for Clemson in yards and fifth in ypc despite getting the second most carries (and those typically came in garbage time). You're also wrong. His MO was always being Clemson's between the tackles guy. He very rarely did outside runs compared to Etienne and Dixon (though he did have big plays where he broke a tackle or two between the tackles and then broke free). Dowdle has a better shot of doing something to the outside.
Feaster is second in all time yards per carry at Clemson behind only ETN. I think he averaged like 6.1 or 6.7yds per carry while at Clemson, that's not too bad over a 3yr period. That includes every carry, between tackle, outside tackles, wherever. He is fast, won the State 100m with like 10.21sec. Feaster has really good hands, I have always wondered why that aspect has always been under utilized by both Clem and USC. Why not put the guy in more slants or wheel routes. But I also have said similar comments about Joyner as far as plays, I don't know if he has great hands but obviously is good with the ball in his hands.

But when I see Feaster only getting 5-7 touches in a game, I just think the OC don't know how to use gifted players, so let's just let him run up the middle! Call me boggled!

Feaster is second in all time yards per carry at Clemson behind only ETN. I think he averaged like 6.1 or 6.7yds per carry while at Clemson, that's not too bad over a 3yr period. That includes every carry, between tackle, outside tackles, wherever. He is fast, won the State 100m with like 10.21sec. Feaster has really good hands, I have always wondered why that aspect has always been under utilized by both Clem and USC. Why not put the guy in more slants or wheel routes. But I also have said similar comments about Joyner as far as plays, I don't know if he has great hands but obviously is good with the ball in his hands.

But when I see Feaster only getting 5-7 touches in a game, I just think the OC don't know how to use gifted players, so let's just let him run up the middle! Call me boggled!
Feaster is not that good. I watched him at Spartanburg High and he averaged less than 90 yards a game his junior and senior year. He did his damage at Clemson after the other team’s defense was wore out, and that’s a fact! I said he wouldn’t beat out a healthy Rico Dowdle and I got dragged on here, and other sites for it. Still I wanna see him succeed, if he has those amazing stats he had at Clemson in him, I wish he share it with us, because we can use every bit of them!

He made a huge mistake coming to Columbia. He lowered his draft stock, would have been better off 3rd string at Clemson.

This is 100% correct. Have to wonder what he was thinking, transferring from being the #2 at a playoff team vs backing up Rico Dowdle on a 3-9 team. He won't sniff the NFL draft now.

Reactions: Brace1
He didn't have that much success at Clemson. He was the fourth best running back for Clemson in yards and fifth in ypc despite getting the second most carries (and those typically came in garbage time). You're also wrong. His MO was always being Clemson's between the tackles guy. He very rarely did outside runs compared to Etienne and Dixon (though he did have big plays where he broke a tackle or two between the tackles and then broke free). Dowdle has a better shot of doing something to the outside.
As a Clemson fan, I have no dog in this hunt. But you are flat wrong. Watch the national championship game against Alabama and watch Feaster. He is incredible in space. He was not used in garbage time last year. He was a feature back with ETN. He played when the games mattered. He is a legit running back.

That’s funny....all’s we’ve heard is how he was 2nd in ypc behind Etienne (all time)

Mizzou committed to stopping the run and forcing us to beat them with the pass. It worked

They had a plan. Probably got intel that Ryan could not throw due to injury, and that we did not get a backup ready. All they had to do was stop the run because they knew we could not pass.

As a Clemson fan, I have no dog in this hunt. But you are flat wrong. Watch the national championship game against Alabama and watch Feaster. He is incredible in space. He was not used in garbage time last year. He was a feature back with ETN. He played when the games mattered. He is a legit running back.

We have so much talent that he is probably a special teams guy here...

Ran into someone at dinner here in Missouri that knows Feasters mom personally and supposedly says Feaster is questioning whether he should sit out the rest of the season.

Who asked you, tater??

Mizzou committed to stopping the run and forcing us to beat them with the pass. It worked

Exactly which is why did we not throw to the backs out the backfield since they are matched up with linebackers. It worked ok for bama when we used this sme game plan last week. Our OC sucks...that's the answer

giphy.gif

Ran into someone at dinner here in Missouri that knows Feasters mom personally and supposedly says Feaster is questioning whether he should sit out the rest of the season.

not his choice to make unfortunately. it wouldn’t help his nfl future to get booted off the team he transferred to.

why do we never try and get feaster outside on a run play..sheesh. stop running straight dive plays with him.
I do not understand why we run up the middle all the time and it never works. So many times i have watched 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 and go for it up the middle and stuffed. Stupid ass coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT