ADVERTISEMENT

FGF's purpose

Cock-Vader

Jun 17, 2010
GCC gives us a free board so that we'll hang around and hopefully choose to subscribe. Some are awfully quick to imply those with whom they disagree don't financially contribute to USC and/or aren't "real" fans. Others have taken it upon themselves to police the "mood" of the free board, reading double-meanings and subterfuge into virtually every post with which they take issue. Then there is the grand war between the sunshine-pumper and doom-and-gloomers, complete with the futility of joining neither camp. When we win or lose, the board quickly becomes filled with the "winning" side's challenges to the other camp, rather than much genuine content about the actual game. For some, this board seems an endless minefield of hidden agendas, where the future of our entire athletic program will be decided. I'm certainly not calling out all that choose not to subscribe, merely those that think they have the right to help police the board without contributing anything to it except words.

Reactions: G-C-Gamecock
GCC gives us a free board so that we'll hang around and hopefully choose to subscribe. Some are awfully quick to imply those with whom they disagree don't financially contribute to USC and/or aren't "real" fans. Others have taken it upon themselves to police the "mood" of the free board, reading double-meanings and subterfuge into virtually every post with which they take issue. Then there is the grand war between the sunshine-pumper and doom-and-gloomers, complete with the futility of joining neither camp. When we win or lose, the board quickly becomes filled with the "winning" side's challenges to the other camp, rather than much genuine content about the actual game. For some, this board seems an endless minefield of hidden agendas, where the future of our entire athletic program will be decided. I'm certainly not calling out all that choose not to subscribe, merely those that think they have the right to help police the board without contributing anything to it except words.

It's a great board that is in danger of being destroyed by the recent influx of recently- un banned taters whom are here to do nothing else but spread dissension amongst our ranks. They're easy to spot......long term handles.....low post counts....not so clever back-handed compliments. Most have Carolina-themed handles, though a few do have the balls to publicly admit they're felines. The sooner they're gone, the sooner this board will get back to discussing Gamecock athletics in a constructive manner. Its a free for all right now and posters are leaving in droves. Who can blame them?

Reactions: cocknjax
I have no problem with sunshine pumpers or doom and gloom guys. It's all suppose to be Gamecock fans. I have a problem with the people who have a problem with them. The board was designed as an outlet for all things Gamecock....good or bad. I have disagreed with many people here but I refuse to tell them they have no reason to post what they think for the most part. They post in the heat of the moment and most don't really mean what they say or don't realize how silly some of their statements are......it still goes back to the childhood saying..."sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me"....while that is not entirely true...it is true here on this board....carry on.

Reactions: G-C-Gamecock
It's a great board that is in danger of being destroyed by the recent influx of recently- un banned taters whom are here to do nothing else but spread dissension amongst our ranks. They're easy to spot......long term handles.....low post counts....not so clever back-handed compliments. Most have Carolina-themed handles, though a few do have the balls to publicly admit they're felines. The sooner they're gone, the sooner this board will get back to discussing Gamecock athletics in a constructive manner. Its a free for all right now and posters are leaving in droves. Who can blame them?

Combahee, its not the Clemson fans that start Clemson related threads, its Gamecocks. On top of that, many Clemson fans are extremely respectful when posting on this site. It is very fashionable to call a gamecock that posts something negative on this board a Clemson fan, but I suspect only a few of these comments are really Clemson fans in Gamecock clothing.

The fact is, this is a free board and has much more activity on it than the bad apple. I enjoy reading some of the posts on here and getting a different perspective.

Reactions: jblanken64
Combahee, its not the Clemson fans that start Clemson related threads, its Gamecocks. On top of that, many Clemson fans are extremely respectful when posting on this site. It is very fashionable to call a gamecock that posts something negative on this board a Clemson fan, but I suspect only a few of these comments are really Clemson fans in Gamecock clothing.

The fact is, this is a free board and has much more activity on it than the bad apple. I enjoy reading some of the posts on here and getting a different perspective.
I agree that there are some decent tigglets that post here. The problem began when the new format allowed the ones that were banned to crawl back on. They were banned because they were jerks and they come back...and become jerks yet again. The good posters (tigglets) are now caught up in a hatred for the reincarnated jerks. I don't think most on here would question why a clemsux fan or anyother fan would visit. I question why a clemsux fan would be here more that tiggletnet....that seems strange...or maybe a little obsessive. Those are the ones that will eventually say the wrong thing. They can't help themselves...lol.

I agree. This used to be a great board. I too noticed the immediate decline when the new format launched (which I hate). There's very little quality in the posts here anymore. I suspect the good posters have moved on to the paying Insider Forum to get away from all the crap here. That is probably the agenda of GCC, and the mods are not motivated to do anything about the trash here if they believe it will force anyone to move to the paid subscription board.

Mohawk, there are plenty clempson fans here starting Carolina threads with the sole intention of creating division. It is so blatantly obvious it is ridiculous. Hell, half the time their tater buddies "like" their comments. Some are new members but most are the formerly banned coming back and being disruptive. Nobody is complaining abt the few of you who come over here and behave respectfully and are generally interested in discussing football but they are in the minority. Most are here looking for trouble and that is a fact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT