ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Beamer!!!

Didn't an enormous amount of players transfer out? Preseason, UT was a joke and an easy win because of their lack of ttalent.
This is completely inaccurate. Phil Steele's magazine had USC finishing ahead of Tennessee but I don't remember much else. The Vegas over under for this team was 3.5: Eastern Illinois, Troy and Vanderbilt with East Carolina as a toss up.

Tennessee lost a ton but a lot of it was worthless. The will have a hard time with depth and more so as the season goes on but in a matchup of starters, there aren't as many Carolina guys that you're going to pick.

No they’re not. They had great classes under Pruitt. Out recruited us every single year. Muschamp set this program back 5 years.
No he didn’t. He didn’t help....but there is talent on defense and Beamer and staff been on the job the same amount of time heupel and crew have. Today You saw the difference between a guy who earned the chance to take a job of this significance and a guy who received the opportunity to take a job of this significance because of his last name.

Our fanbase

emma-stone-panic.gif
Yep, that is the reaction that our play
No he didn’t. He didn’t help....but there is talent on defense and Beamer and staff been on the job the same amount of time heupel and crew have. Today You saw the difference between a guy who earned the chance to take a job of this significance and a guy who received the opportunity to take a job of this significance because of his last name.
Shane Smith isn't walking our sideline. Even Frank Beamer is head in hands right now.

They had some Transfers. But also had some come in. The QB came from Vatech. He started there as a freshman. They have talent. We don’t. They have a nice offense. We don’t. They’re moving us out of the way and out scheming us. Their whole classes didn’t leave and in spite of what the internet gurus say, they were not as bad as many made them out to be. Clearly!
Why don’t we? Heupel been there for 2 years now or what? Does the transfer portal not work at Carolina where you can literally walk in and challenge for starting positions immediately at any position? Pretty nice selling point.
You are correct on a couple things...they’re ALSO out-scheming us. Also- we are under-talented esp on offense.

Maybe. I sure do wish we could recruit a lot
Of the coaches from FGf. We’d surely be contenders in less than a couple days
Or maybe some of the fgf posters could help hire an adequate coach? Some of us do that every day in life...make decisions, hire competent people, hold them accountable.

This is completely inaccurate. Phil Steele's magazine had USC finishing ahead of Tennessee but I don't remember much else. The Vegas over under for this team was 3.5: Eastern Illinois, Troy and Vanderbilt with East Carolina as a toss up.

Tennessee lost a ton but a lot of it was worthless. The will have a hard time with depth and more so as the season goes on but in a matchup of starters, there aren't as many Carolina guys that you're going to pick.

Phil Steele aside, I was speaking about posters on this board.

Also, they didn't lose worthless players. I've posted this a couple times.

Phil Steele aside, I was speaking about posters on this board.

Also, they didn't lose worthless players. I've posted this a couple times.

I've seen the list. I knew they definitely lost some good ones so my post was inaccurate. However, they got a good QB and few good defensive transfers in this year (Texas and Southern Cal). So, as much as your are correct to misinterpret my unartful post, I still think they have more talent than USC on the front 22. Although, they are starting to drop like flies.

Beamer NEVER got a job because of his last name. That is an out and out LIE.

• Haha
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
The man is stressing the he*l out. Every news conf I see of him shows more and more hair loss.

Wow!! What a transformation in a few months.

I've seen the list. I knew they definitely lost some good ones so my post was inaccurate. However, they got a good QB and few good defensive transfers in this year (Texas and Southern Cal). So, as much as your are correct to misinterpret my unartful post, I still think they have more talent than USC on the front 22. Although, they are starting to drop like flies.

I just like that you used the word "unartful". :)

And you think 20 years in coaching means nothing? He got hired to recreate the Spurrier magic. Give it a few years.

I think his lack of forward progression means something.

But I'll save you the back and forth. Your disproof of him living off his name is the same as the proof others have of him doing it. In other words, it can't be proven either way.

\

No, that's the same half.

The other half knew what to expect this year.
Hardly. Most everyone knew we would struggle to win more than 3 or 4 games. What we were hoping for was to see a steady improvement as the season went on and a disciplined, well-coached team. We're seeing NONE of that right now.

Normally, I wouldn't want to fire a new coach after one year. But if it were to happen, I wouldn't shed the first damn tear.

Today was as close to a side-by-side comparison between two first year coaches trying to rebuild their programs after disastrous off-seasons that saw a ton of turmoil and attrition for both.

One side has started to get its shit together and play competitive football. The other side is us.

I think his lack of forward progression means something.

But I'll save you the back and forth. Your disproof of him living off his name is the same as the proof others have of him doing it. In other words, it can't be proven either way.
Sure it can. Ask any of the coaches who hired him if that played a role. The only possible one would be UT as a graduate assistant. Every other job he earned by the results on the field.

• Haha
Sure it can. Ask any of the coaches who hired him if that played a role. The only possible one would be UT as a graduate assistant. Every other job he earned by the results on the field.

I could answer that by laughing at the prospect of a coach admitting to it. So I stand by it not being able to be proven or disproven.

Normally, I wouldn't want to fire a new coach after one year. But if it were to happen, I wouldn't shed the first damn tear.

Today was as close to a side-by-side comparison between two first year coaches trying to rebuild their programs after disastrous off-seasons that saw a ton of turmoil and attrition for both.

One side has started to get its shit together and play competitive football. The other side is us.

This is very well put.

I could answer that by laughing at the prospect of a coach admitting to it. So I stand by it not being able to be proven or disproven.
The first hire sure, but after that no coach is going to hire based on a name if you can’t produce. Every single coach had nothing but praise for Beamer so logic indicates he was hired based on ability.

• Haha
The first hire sure, but after that no coach is going to hire based on a name if you can’t produce. Every single coach had nothing but praise for Beamer so logic indicates he was hired based on ability.

Many coaches would hire based on his name, not just the first.

And lots of people who get passed over for promotions get praise from their bosses on the way out the door. If he was really showing a lot of ability, I would think he would have done more than move laterally.

I don't think your line of thinking is nearly as logical as you think.

Many coaches would hire based on his name, not just the first.

And lots of people who get passed over for promotions get praise from their bosses on the way out the door. If he was really showing a lot of ability, I would think he would have done more than move laterally.

I don't think your line of thinking is nearly as logical as you think.
Good head coach material, which Wing certainly believes Shane is, don’t usually piddle in position coach land for 20 years. He is talking out of both sides of his mouth, on one hand he says every coach praised him as a position coach but on the other no one was willing to take a chance on him as the head man over those 20 years except us. Speaks volumes!

Good head coach material, which Wing certainly believes Shane is, don’t usually piddle in position coach land for 20 years. He is talking out of both sides of his mouth, on one hand he says every coach praised him as a position coach but on the other no one was willing to take a chance on him as the head man over those 20 years except us. Speaks volumes!

No one was willing to take a chance on him as the head man, but none of these coaches who had such high praise for him were willing to give him a coordinator spot either.

And you think 20 years in coaching means nothing? He got hired to recreate the Spurrier magic. Give it a few years.
Did you say the Spurrier magic? You might know something we don’t. When? BTW thanks in advance for the enlightenment. You certainly know more than most.

How many years was Pittman an OL coach?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT