ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Kingston Now!!!

Where are all the “Long live the King” posters. Or the “I think Ray Tanner knows more about baseball than you” crowd.

Guess they’re on the other site. Tell them I said hello

Too Late, Kingston should have been FIRED after the Klimpsun Sweep!! This team will not make the SEC tourney, so FIRE HIM NOW!! I hate to imagine how bad it could possibly get, I thought the loss to Xavier, was Rock bottom, OH MY OH MY, how wrong i was..
Amazing how we have gone from the penthouse to the outhouse in baseball and Tennessee seems to be just the opposite.

Five years in Kingston is well below a .500 coach in the SEC and one Super Regional in his first year. He cannot identify talent and recruit it, or apparently keep any of it healthy. He is a bust.
Unfortunately I think he gets the injury excuse for next year. I don't like it, but have to see how it plays out.

• Haha
Reactions: cockofdawn
I am beginning to think he'll never leave!! 😂

Tanner reaches 65, I think, next year, but if there's a rule or exception that will allow him to remain AD beyond age 65, rest assured . . . he'll try to hang around. The man is obsessed with the idea of a fat state retirement (plus other investments he very likely has). It'll take the US Army Special Forces to get him out of the AD's office.

Well moral victory. They did hit the ball, it was a ground out, but at least he made contact. They should call Kingston and tell him he is fired. He has no reason to come back to the university!!

At least we hit the ball well in our one and only win. Oh wait, that was pretty much one guy.

• Haha
What did they have today?? 4 hits, Tennessee is good.........what??..... huh..... Missouri?? OMG!!
Pretty sure their pitcher, (maybe pitchers) set some personal records today. Maybe even some school records idk. Seems like that has happened several times this year. I'd like for someone to ask Kingston about how that keeps happening.

This teams record would not be much different with healthy staff. Our hitting is awful.
Agreed. Maybe a game or two different, that's about it. He needs to stop with the health stuff.

10 k's also.

Kingston will mostly speak of high 90's is tough to hit. I'm tired of hearing that.
Yeah, this is starting to sound like the old Holbroken routine of "it's hard to hit a baseball" or "baseball is a hard game". Those trophies that we were so proud of a decade or so ago sure are getting tarnished quick by Ray's ineptitude. The guy should man up and step down. We deserve better than this.

After a rare inning of strategic baseball the other night, he said we do what needs to be done because it's who we are. Now I never really liked his coaching style but I never thought of him as not all there until then.

Kingston's record at SC now stands at 130-100 overall and 47-60 in the SEC.

2022 Record: 19-19 (6-11 SEC)
2022 Team Batting Average To Date: .262 (Ranked 204 out of 292 total D1 teams)

Another buyout story (2021 Contact Extension)
"Under his original contract, the university would have owed Kingston $800,000 if it decided to terminate him without cause between July of 2021 and June of 2022. With the new agreement, that buyout resets to $2.2 million. That figure lowers after each of Kingston’s remaining seasons — to $1.4 million, then $800,000, then $400,000 in 2024-25."

"The hitting woes need to be cleaned up, but many question whether Kingston will make the necessary adjustments next season. The Gamecocks have hit sub-.250 as a team with 500 or more strikeouts in two of Kingston’s three full seasons, and the same issues at the plate seem to arise year after year."

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-baseball/article252361408.html#storylink=cpy

https://garnetandcocky.com/2021/06/...eball-mark-kingstons-extension-headscratcher/

Last edited:
Isnt it one of Ray's jobs to raise the funds to afford these outrageous buyouts when necessary? Isnt raising money supposed to be one of his strong points?
Well he secured 15 mil, 10 mil, and 1 mil from 3 different donors during the women's tournament. We flew several of them back and forth to the games. Tanner sat in the plane and worked some magic. So he's good at that. I'm all for us buying out Kingston. I got $20 or so I can donate. Ha.

The way I cope is to pretend the season was cancelled this year. I don't intentionally look for scores or articles anymore.

Long time Gamecock fan here. Love our baseball program. I'm one of those that would rather listen in radio than watch but try to never miss a game.

That said, Kingston has broken me. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he's boring as can be. I just can't watch or listen anymore. It's too painful.

Long time Gamecock fan here. Love our baseball program. I'm one of those that would rather listen in radio than watch but try to never miss a game.

That said, Kingston has broken me. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he's boring as can be. I just can't watch or listen anymore. It's too painful.
same here, I am not a season Ticket holder, but normally drive down for 5 or 6 games a year, NO INTEREST whatsoever in drivng down and back after losing this year, gas to expensive to drive back pissed.. Those that go watch a bad exhibition of Baseball, I salute you, but not me!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT