ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Kingston Now!!!

Long time Gamecock fan here. Love our baseball program. I'm one of those that would rather listen in radio than watch but try to never miss a game.

That said, Kingston has broken me. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he's boring as can be. I just can't watch or listen anymore. It's too painful.
Yesterday was first game in maybe 20 years I didn't at least attend, listen on radio or watch on TV. Ready for a change myself.

During this decade long dry spell in men's sports, we've had coaches who sound the part behind a mic but don't deliver consistently to any extent on the field. (one exception: FF year)

Kingston is shaping up to be another example and unlike football and basketball, USC is long known as having a strong baseball team. Injuries haven't helped, but he's clearly under-delivered during his tenure to date.

Anticipate he'll be given one more year due to the 2021 extension. Otherwise, we would probably move on at the end of this year.

During this decade long dry spell in men's sports, we've had coaches who sound the part behind a mic but don't deliver consistently to any extent on the field. (one exception: FF year)

Kingston is shaping up to be another example and unlike football and basketball, USC is long known as having a strong baseball team. Injuries haven't helped, but he's clearly under-delivered during his tenure to date.

Anticipate he'll be given one more year due to the 2021 extension. Otherwise, we would probably move on at the end of this year.
I honestly don't see how any buyout will save Kingston at this point. I could be wrong but what's the point of hanging on to a coaching staff that continues to set our program back progressively worse every year. We need a change and should get one at the end of this season.

The man just plain and simply doesn't have it.

I honestly don't see how any buyout will save Kingston at this point. I could be wrong but what's the point of hanging on to a coaching staff that continues to set our program back progressively worse every year. We need a change and should get one at the end of this season.

I agree, Lets hope Tanner doesnt hang on too long, or else the great years of this program dominating, will be LONG FORGOTTEN!!

Reactions: roosterbell

Hope you're right. Just not sure after two recent buyouts totalling over $15mil plus the COVID year deficit.

I just don't understand why we needed to bump Kingston's buyout back up to $2.2mil with the contract extension. It makes sense to have an initial buyout because the coach is making a big commitment to move schools, but not 4 years into his tenure. We were 36-24 last season. Extend the contract a year or two but keep the buyout at one year's salary ($600K). If there was a main knock on Ray and the BOT, it would be the buyouts.

Lets see, Back the first of March, when this thread was originated, had we Fired this Miserable coach (Kingston) then, hell this team might make the SEC tourney, or even NCAA tourney... BUT wait, i had sunshine pumping posters attacking me for saying how bad this team was..

I couldn't even turn the game on last night. It's just too hard to see how far we've fallen. Glad we won but we're nowhere near what we once were.

Reactions: cockofdawn
I say this every year but ill say it again.
Carolina had softball long before the SEC had softball or most of the teams in the SEC had softball yet it took the others like 10 minutes to catch us.
Ridiculous

Back to this post as i was reminded of it today
We finish dead last in the SEC with three wins. Meanwhile the taters in like the third year of existence with softball won the regional today.

I suspect the bottom line on keeping him will be the pitching injuries that we have had heard so much about. They will make the case that it could have been the difference in finishing in the top half of the league or the bottom. Although that may be true, what wont be taken in to account is how weak the SEC has looked. Sorry, finishing in the top half of the league is not a major accomplishment this year imo. At least that's my gut feeling. I mean it only took a .500 record to be in the hunt for 3rd. Just dont see it as the league was so good we beat each other up. Could be wrong, we will see

I suspect the bottom line on keeping him will be the pitching injuries that we have had heard so much about. They will make the case that it could have been the difference in finishing in the top half of the league or the bottom. Although that may be true, what wont be taken in to account is how weak the SEC has looked. Sorry, finishing in the top half of the league is not a major accomplishment this year imo. At least that's my gut feeling. I mean it only took a .500 record to be in the hunt for 3rd. Just dont see it as the league was so good we beat each other up. Could be wrong, we will see
Also consider that Ray had to go find a new basketball coach a few months back. That's all the work he plans on doing this year. Firing and hiring is stressful stuff. Ray's job style is inaction.

Reactions: bucketdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT