ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Ray or get rid of UA

I think we have a couple years left on the contract with UA unfortunately. I think it would help our basketball program especially to go with Nike.

Reactions: FORKCOCK
Do you think Nike or Adidas aren't going to help their premier schools more than us?

You guys are just deflecting that Beamer isn't recruiting at the level you were claiming earlier this year.
How is it Beamer's fault?.. he can't match UA money.

Any fan who cheered on this NIL/portal garbage, who cheered on “do whats in their best interest”, who applauded players quitting before bowls….better be 100% ok with this. This is what those of us who warned against all that said would happen, among other things. Corporations will sponsor their select few teams. Then CEOs and corporate recruiters will recruit star players from high schools, and other colleges, to sign with the select few.

Under Armour founder is a Maryland guy. He doesnt care that UA sponsors USC also. He wants that 5-star at Maryland. He’ll offer a massive NIL in exchange.

Remember, if its all done in “whats in MY best interest” then everyone better applaud it. Yall asked for it.

We know for fact now, UA isn't helping our football team.
Why would they? CEO is a Maryland guy. He can offer that 5-star kid a massive NIL to go to Maryland rather than USC.

And it’ll be in both mens “best interest”. Remember its 2022 and that is all that matters so we better applaud this

Any fan who cheered on this NIL/portal garbage, who cheered on “do whats in their best interest”, who applauded players quitting before bowls….better be 100% ok with this. This is what those of us who warned against all that said would happen, among other things. Corporations will sponsor their select few teams. Then CEOs and corporate recruiters will recruit star players from high schools, and other colleges, to sign with the select few.

Under Armour founder is a Maryland guy. He doesnt care that UA sponsors USC also. He wants that 5-star at Maryland. He’ll offer a massive NIL in exchange.

Remember, if its all done in “whats in MY best interest” then everyone better applaud it. Yall asked for it.
Yall hell, look at my history on this board. I said in the beginning it's impossible to put a salary cap on a individual. The system will be set for the school with the richest alumni to get the best players.

We have plenty of reasons fire Tanner. The UA contract and because Maryland got to hump a football recruits leg isn’t one of them.

Ray Tanner should be reassigned to USC-Aiken or at best a place like Newberry.

In my opinion UA gear feels better, fits better, looks better then Nike. If Carolina went to Nike- I wouldn’t buy that brand gear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jwisz01
Do you think Nike or Adidas aren't going to help their premier schools more than us?

You guys are just deflecting that Beamer isn't recruiting at the level you were claiming earlier this year.
I dont think we recruit against Oregon or whoever the Adidas main team is. We do recruit occasionally against Maryland and there are a few kids I can think of that ended up going there that we could really have used. Stefon Diggs is a major one that I can remember.

But hey at the end of the day if those kids want to get some extra $ and gear and play in front of 25,000 people at home and get long dicked every week by Michigan, Ohio State, ect because Maryland as a program is a steaming turd... more power to them

Last edited:
Both these recruits were in Columbia for the UGA game. We can blame UGA as easy as anyone.

Btw. The tater trolls are mad. Nothing says #clemsoning than seeing the house taters back in force..

Sure….fire Ray cause some HS players were at at MD basketball game. Shane has lost it in 2 weeks even though we are now FINALLY ranked in top 20 and just had two of the biggest wins in program history. You people are relentless but sad. If we can’t replace the production of the players who transferred out then worry. What transferred out was potential….nothing more. Lloyd has 800 yards in 3 years. So he stays and has 600 next year ….big deal. Bell’s two TDs shouldn’t be hard to match. Edmonds….u kidding me. He thinks he’s a star I guess now. He better be glad Strachan got hurt or he would have a real reason to transfer.

Sure….fire Ray cause some HS players were at at MD basketball game. Shane has lost it in 2 weeks even though we are now FINALLY ranked in top 20 and just had two of the biggest wins in program history. You people are relentless but sad. If we can’t replace the production of the players who transferred out then worry. What transferred out was potential….nothing more. Lloyd has 800 yards in 3 years. So he stays and has 600 next year ….big deal. Bell’s two TDs shouldn’t be hard to match. Edmonds….u kidding me. He thinks he’s a star I guess now. He better be glad Strachan got hurt or he would have a real reason to transfer.

Let’s see if Beamer can actually replace them. If Beamer pulls some big names from the portal he deserves credit. But if he replaces them with a D2 running back and a TE who never played at Florida. We are probably in trouble.

I really don’t get the uproar here. You guys act like Maryland is somehow more attractive than us because of the founder of UnderArmour is a Maryland grad. Oregon isn’t exactly setting the world on fire lately with a “Nike founder advantage” either.

Some of you forget that Marshawn Lloyd is from Maryland and maybe it’s nothing more than the kid wanting to go back home and play. Maybe he is getting some fat NIL deal but I can’t see it. He is a good power back but he has hands of stone and that means a very limited skill set. He’s unlikely to get much at the next level so if he did get a paycheck to leave good for him.

There may be no team that benefited from the portal more than us. So why are we pissing and moaning if a couple leave for the same reason. Our coaches have proven to be more than capable of working the portal to their advantage.

Reactions: tngamecock#

I’d argue this argument is overblown. Could you really tell me what teams are drastically improved in the NIL era and are pushing for a championship that were not prior to NIL?

Heck, you could make an argument the team that has improved the most since NIL is…..South Carolina.

I’d argue this argument is overblown. Could you really tell me what teams are drastically improved in the NIL era and are pushing for a championship that were not prior to NIL?

Heck, you could make an argument the team that has improved the most since NIL is…..South Carolina.
Southern Cal was one game away from making the playoffs. They bought Caleb Williams and last season's Biletnikoff winner Jordan Addison for him to throw to. Williams won the Heisman this season. The other 10 players they bought, helped turn a 4 win team into a 11 win team. I'd by far say they benefited more than anyone.

Southern Cal was one game away from making the playoffs. They bought Caleb Williams and last season's Biletnikoff winner Jordan Addison for him to throw to. Williams won the Heisman this season. The other 10 players they bought, helped turn a 4 win team into a 11 win team. I'd by far say they benefited more than anyone.
Certainly the other USC has benefitted as well. Some of it is NIL and some of it is hiring the right coach. They have won 11 national titles so they were thriving long before NIL even if they have been struggling for a few years thanks to some questionable head coaching hires. Plus Lincoln Riley has a pretty good record before and after the NIL era.

And it’s not like we didn’t buy Spencer Rattler. We’re paying him $2 million a year. Ironically Williams and Rattler rank 3rd and 4th in NIL salary. I’m fine with you saying Southern Cal bought this and bought that, but let’s not pretend we’re not paying out for a winner either.

The Edmonds thing is the type that I just cant grasp. He finally gets his chance to shine, has a promising 2023 ahead, and now just quits to roll the dice elsewhere

Had they only purchased a defense.

• Haha
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT