ADVERTISEMENT

Florida at USC game thread

This is our first win against a big boy football team this year. I’m happy with the win. But let’s not pretend UF is some juggernaut. They’ve had the flu bug. But they have even bigger internal issues.

The Athletic posted an article this week that the team has quit on Mullen. Other coaches are whispering this throughout the league.

Validate this win next week, let’s see some consistentency for once.
They aren't the team they have been, but they are still very talented. We beat a good team that's in a very bad place.

There’s a lot to like about this performance tonight. 280 rushing yards is unbelievable, based on how little the running game has worked this season. Jason Brown played a great game. It was his first start, and the moment wasn’t too big for him. No turnovers in the game. I thought the defense played well, and the Scoop and score was a big boost. For as beleaguered as this team has been offensively, tonight was a breakout for sure.
Florida was a 20 point favorite tonight. I know they had players sick and injured. I realize that Cousin Eddie has likely lost the team. I really don’t give a big fat baby’s arse! Tonight belonged to the Gamecocks! I look forward to seeing what happens with these last 3 games. 🤙🏼🐔

Not sure if CSB’s dad played UF but CSB may have more wins over Florida than his dad. FWIW

Strange....he had a respectable tenure at Miss St & so far at UF.
Makes you wonder about the attitudes of the players in Florida. They tend to have highly sought after recruits who are used to winning. Could they be folding at the first sign of adversity? Primadonnas that don't want to work through the struggles?

Jesus ....the realists (non sunshine pumpers) are over here happy watching the Gamecocks winning. Nobody is hiding. We also can’t rely on the flu bug for some help every week. Given how this team performed against Troy, ecu, ten, Georgia , a&m and Vandy....don’t get too “cocky”. We still have to play the rest of the season.the gamecock fans on here are happy to have more than 13 yards offense at the half....and don’t give a shyt who is the HC is as long as the Carolina team wins mrs. beamer
That flu bug was a damn talking point. Florida got that ass whipped and were out coached. We had a fired up team because that dude at QB gave us hope and he delivered and pumped the rest of the team. UF didnt look like they had the flu when they torched us on the long passes but we made adjustments and beat the brakes off of them. You arent a "realist" you are a bandwagon fan. Bye

This is our first win against a big boy football team this year. I’m happy with the win. But let’s not pretend UF is some juggernaut. They’ve had the flu bug. But they have even bigger internal issues.

The Athletic posted an article this week that the team has quit on Mullen. Other coaches are whispering this throughout the league.

STFU tater, GFY

Why do you have to be an @$$hole??? If you want to use the excuse of the team quit on Mulen, the team had the flu and etc...

Florida got a major beat down by a team that has never put up 40 points on them in 44 tries during the series... Could have been more points if we weren't close to the end and Beamer rather just try to punch in on the ground on 4th and goal from the 8 yard line than maybe take FG with less than 1 minute to go..

We beat a top SEC team with our own 3rd string QB starting in the SEC for the first time... During other games Brown played didn't look a like a QB that could challenge Doty or Noland... And a team got blown out by Tennessee, UGA and TAM..

Today Jason Brown had a coming out party and the team played the best game since we beat UGA back in 2019...

This team has a chance to beat MIZZOU next week to go bowl eligible for the first time since 2018 and under a first year coach since Brad Scott in 1994, Jim Carlen in 1975, and John McMillan in 1919...

If you can't enjoy this moment then you are either an @$$hole or a Clemson fan... Take your pick...

I held back from posting the entire game out of fear of jinxing it but that was fun
Same here. Every game thus far, I’ve checked in and followed the game thread. Tonight, when things started off well, out of superstition, I didn’t even open the board at all! LOL. IT WORKED!😂

Same here. Every game this far, I’ve checked in and followed the thread. Tonight, when things started off well, out of superstition, I didn’t even open the board at all! LOL. IT WORKED!😂
Me either. I enjoyed that game so much. Wish I had been there.

Jesus ....the realists (non sunshine pumpers) are over here happy watching the Gamecocks winning. Nobody is hiding. We also can’t rely on the flu bug for some help every week. Given how this team performed against Troy, ecu, ten, Georgia , a&m and Vandy....don’t get too “cocky”. We still have to play the rest of the season.the gamecock fans on here are happy to have more than 13 yards offense at the half....and don’t give a shyt who is the HC is as long as the Carolina team wins mrs. beamer

Realist? YOU? LOL. You are sooo full of sh!t.

You literally told me, one of the "pumpers" you claimed, this 2 days ago when I said it was going to take time. And several of the other usual suspects agreed.

well then we had better get a HC and staff in here that can do it....because we just wasted 1 year.

But I'm glad ya'll are happy now, because all y'all have done is spread negativity and misery on this board for weeks. But I'm not worried, ya'll will be right back to the absurd, over-the-top negativity again as soon as something goes wrong. I'm just glad the team and the coaches and many of the real "realist" fans aren't so emotionally fragile.

Of course UL's QB slips and falls on the way for the go ahead score. 😡🤬
Well, he slipped trying to change direction because his receivers were covered and there were 6 Clemson players and 1 UL player to block all of them. He wasn't going to score. Helluva win for you guys though. I think you just sealed Mullen's fate.

Why do you have to be an @$$hole??? If you want to use the excuse of the team quit on Mulen, the team had the flu and etc...

Florida got a major beat down by a team that has never put up 40 points on them in 44 tries during the series... Could have been more points if we weren't close to the end and Beamer rather just try to punch in on the ground on 4th and goal from the 8 yard line than maybe take FG with less than 1 minute to go..

We beat a top SEC team with our own 3rd string QB starting in the SEC for the first time... During other games Brown played didn't look a like a QB that could challenge Doty or Noland... And a team got blown out by Tennessee, UGA and TAM..

Today Jason Brown had a coming out party and the team played the best game since we beat UGA back in 2019...

This team has a chance to beat MIZZOU next week to go bowl eligible for the first time since 2018 and under a first year coach since Brad Scott in 1994, Jim Carlen in 1975, and John McMillan in 1919...

If you can't enjoy this moment then you are either an @$$hole or a Clemson fan... Take your pick...
Will Muschamp beat UGA, flukes happen. Little Shane needs to prove this isn’t a fluke, validate the win next week against a bad Mizzou team.

One win against a team that fired their DC and OL coach immediately after the game doesn’t mean anyone has arrived.

Grow up, some of us are no longer satisfied with winning the tailgate or the at least “we ain’t 0-11.” The bar has been raised and we aren’t going back to the dumpster of low expectations.

Florida is not even trying to run a balanced offense and now the turnover bug has bitten him again. This game's over. I'm going to work out and check back later.

Which team were you actually pulling for?

This doesn't read like a happy Gamecock fan.

I rewatched the game last night and as awesome as we did play all around, the UF players were not in that game at all. Maybe they didn't expect to get popped in the mouth by an SC team they were favored over by 20 and quit early, or maybe they never got off the bus. Either way, I hope this taste of victory has motivated our boys to work harder than ever this week. Getting to any bowl game this year will be a HUGE success IMO and hopefully propel CSB's coaching trajectory in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT