ADVERTISEMENT

Florida game

DarkHorse2001

Sep 8, 2001
Early line is Gamecocks -2, some have it at -2.5. I am a little surprised. I sort of expected us to be a home dog. Florida has struggled on the road, so I guess that explains it.
So far Tennessee looks like they will finish 2nd in the division. The biggest battle is 3rd place. USC, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri. We have two of those three games and also Vandy at home. Road games at Missouri and A&M.

Last edited:
Early line is Gamecocks -2, some have it at -2.5. I am a little surprised. I sort of expected us to be a home dog. Florida has struggled on the road, so I guess that explains it.
So far Tennessee looks like they will finish 2nd in the division. The biggest battle is 3rd place. USC, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri. We have two of those three games and also Vandy at home. Road games at Missouri and A&M.
So by nature I am usually a little pessimistic about us, but this is a game that I think we play a little better than usual. There are a few reasons we are the surprise favorite.
1. We’re coming off a bye—huge advantage
2. We’re at home—another advantage.
3. Florida has played bad on the road.
4. I do believe at 2-3 (which didn’t completely surprise me) we have the chance to go on a run if we put it together now. The schedule lightens up. I think you’ll see a motivated group Saturday.
5. For some reason in this series recently in particular, home field has been a huge advantage.

So by nature I am usually a little pessimistic about us, but this is a game that I think we play a little better than usual. There are a few reasons we are the surprise favorite.
1. We’re coming off a bye—huge advantage
2. We’re at home—another advantage.
3. Florida has played bad on the road.
4. I do believe at 2-3 (which didn’t completely surprise me) we have the chance to go on a run if we put it together now. The schedule lightens up. I think you’ll see a motivated group Saturday.
5. For some reason in this series recently in particular, home field has been a huge advantage.

I agree with that, but that oline still concerns me. If it is even average, we should win. Florida doesn't have a high sack total this year, but their run defense is decent.

Being at home is a big advantage. Outside of Vandy, winning on the road in the SEC is tough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT