ADVERTISEMENT

FM must be fired immediately!

southflcock

Nov 6, 2001
He’s personally destroying our BB program. Things are too quiet. The portal is full of players right now. If FM is not fired or does not resign there will be nothing left in the portal but 2* players by the time he and the university break their silence. Fire FM NOW

For those who would say these are just disgruntled players or something similar, getting the right players to come, play and stay at your school IS the job.
Frank has NEVER really done the first one, he failed miserably at the second one this past season (that team quit on him), and now he's failing at the third.
Any other normal year financially and he would be 100% GONE.

Humor me. How is this Tanner's fault? Because of the extension? We just made it to the F4, and things were looking good. If Tanner had let him slip away back then, the same lot of you would be saying "Fire Tanner" for letting him go. I'm not pumping sunshine or saying the state of the program is acceptable, but what are the choices? It's not like the members of this free board are going to finance a buyout.

Why is EVERYTHING tanners fault?....good grief if the team is bad it is the COACHES fault. he recruited the players. it is not his fault all the players are leaving.....it is on FM......and give one good reason to keep him.

I don't understand why (or how) Tanner can forbid FM from being interviewed and yet allow him to remain the coach. The only thing I can surmise is that they are trying to make his life difficult in the hope he will resign out of frustration or he will take another job. That way they won't have to buy out his contract. In the meantime, the program is on life support.

You can stop blaming Tanner. Caslen is calling the shots now. His leadership will make you nostalgic for the days of Tanner.

It’s Tanner’s fault when one of his departments is rapidly spiraling downward for months and he fails to act. So I guess Rays inaction makes it Caslen’s problem.

I hope Caslen has been using all this time planning something big. Like bringing in a new A/D, Men’s Basketball Coach and having a vote of confidence on the BOT members. THATS what UofSC needs to happen!

Last edited:
Humor me. How is this Tanner's fault? Because of the extension? We just made it to the F4, and things were looking good. If Tanner had let him slip away back then, the same lot of you would be saying "Fire Tanner" for letting him go. I'm not pumping sunshine or saying the state of the program is acceptable, but what are the choices? It's not like the members of this free board are going to finance a buyout.
agreed completely. Frank at least earned his buyout.

The mess USC finds itself in with Frank isn't really Ray's fault. With a fluke run to the final four, all common sense said that this would elevate everything about the program and especially recruiting. Such a raise an extension would have been done by any other AD in the country. But in our current mess, Frank isn't just going to resign and leave 6 million dollars on the table, or even an arranged buyout at a lesser amount. Dont blame him, I wouldn't either. But the real issue is the power struggle with the BOT and certain politicians. Their inaction one way, or the other, makes USC athletics look even more like a laughing stock that isn't really serious about winning at a high level

The mess USC finds itself in with Frank isn't really Ray's fault. With a fluke run to the final four, all common sense said that this would elevate everything about the program and especially recruiting. Such a raise an extension would have been done by any other AD in the country. But in our current mess, Frank isn't just going to resign and leave 6 million dollars on the table, or even an arranged buyout at a lesser amount. Dont blame him, I wouldn't either. But the real issue is the power struggle with the BOT and certain politicians. Their inaction one way, or the other, makes USC athletics look even more like a laughing stock that isn't really serious about winning at a high level
All made worse by a year of Covid in which the AD runs a large deficit and has already bought out the contract of one coach.

Exactly. Too smart and accurate a post for some on this board. Ray didn't hire Martin, and Ray isn't the one stopping us from firing Martin. We have a Top 15 baseball program and a football coach that actually wants to be here. I'm good with that.
Talk to the state senator and mayor who threatened to not pay for a new med school building as to why Frank is still here. Seems like Frank has buddied up to some powerful people and for 50 years we've let politics ruin our athletic department.

Why is EVERYTHING tanners fault?....good grief if the team is bad it is the COACHES fault. he recruited the players. it is not his fault all the players are leaving.....it is on FM......and give one good reason to keep him.

one good reason to keep FM? Keep Ray from making the next hire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT