ADVERTISEMENT

Folks, I can't wait till Mizz Sophie comes calling, January, 21st! She's a dead woman walking!***

Tarhole radio is almost as bad as UghA radio
Used to be something special back in the Bill Currie days but that was a long time ago. He was like none other. He actually came to Columbia one Wednesday night to do a Gamecock/Wake Forest game on a date when the Tar Heels were idle. He put on whatever he wanted to. I actually spoke to him. He was the only one who spoke on the network. He did the stats, everything.

https://www.si.com/vault/1968/01/29/670169/the-mouth-of-the-south

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I know exactly who they are and I know who they play for. You started this post talking about her being a "dead woman walking" when Mizzou comes to play at CLA, which I read expecting to see what folks might be saying about how the crowd and players would be responding to her after last year's incident and continuing bad blood between the two programs/universities. But no, the conversation quickly turned to her "looks and taking a nibble of her". As usual, and hopefully not your original intention (altho you just jumped right into it with several of your replies, didn't you), a post about a female athlete devolves into sexist remarks. Again, this is a SPORTS board ... and yes, I'm a female (and as well a former athlete) and I really don't seem to be able to find any posts on this board regarding male athletes' looks.
Oh there have been. Especially when baseball season rolls around.

Or anytime someone brings up Brad Edwards around me. :D

I likewise live in NC and have for 45 years and believe you me I have gotten a gut full of the tarholes, blue devils and a she she in general. My wife and I have been retired for five years. I always thought we would return to Greenville but for a number of reasons we didn't.

But anyway, I have enjoyed your post and the pictures are an exception rather than the rule. So, please don't let those keep you off the board.

Thanks. Are you anywhere near Chapel Hill? We're about 10 miles outside, out in the countryside.

Alright, @USCBatgirl21, do we improve further in baseball this year?
For me, improvement would consist of HOSTING the Regional. If we are able to keep the momentum from last season, I say that's a reasonable expectation. I didn't make it to many Fall scrimmages. I hope to make more in the next few weeks, to see what we have on the diamond.

I agree with your definition of improvement.
The tricky part will be in recognizing that hosting a Regional is certainly improvement, as it means you are one of the 16 best teams in the Nation (thanks to the new system), but also recognizing that losing said Regional does not necessarily mean that you've taken a step back from the previous season. Of course, hosting, more often than not, results in victory.

We're just under 32 days out, and I AM READY!!!!

The tricky part will be in recognizing that hosting a Regional is certainly improvement, as it means you are one of the 16 best teams in the Nation (thanks to the new system), but also recognizing that losing said Regional does not necessarily mean that you've taken a step back from the previous season. Of course, hosting, more often than not, results in victory.

I am ready for a baseball thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
perhaps once Kingston takes to the airwaves and scrimmages begin!! we have a few established folks in the field coming back, my concern is of the pitching we do have back, some of them allowed too many walks for my comfort.

I am ready for a baseball thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
perhaps once Kingston takes to the airwaves and scrimmages begin!! we have a few established folks in the field coming back, my concern is of the pitching we do have back, some of them allowed too many walks for my comfort.
Well considering CSM came to the program in between Fall and Spring practice, I think that was to be expected. CSM still did more than I truly expected with those guys. I am interested to see the improvement under him when he's had a full Fall and Spring to work with them.

Well considering CSM came to the program in between Fall and Spring practice, I think that was to be expected. CSM still did more than I truly expected with those guys. I am interested to see the improvement under him when he's had a full Fall and Spring to work with them.

thanks for a positive, I haven't gone and looked how many innings pitched on staff we have returning, we sure found a rotation last year, and I like where it can get too.

thanks for a positive, I haven't gone and looked how many innings pitched on staff we have returning, we sure found a rotation last year, and I like where it can get too.
Graham Lawson and Logan Chapman had TJ surgery. There was talk of Logan being our Friday guy. I think Carmen may move into that spot.
read something awhile back on the possibility of "pitch by committee" as done by some MLB teams, Tampa etc. Glad to see Coach's thinking outside of box to fit our teams needs. Season can't start soon enough!

This is probably analogous to what happens when the ladies are on vacation :)

Seriously it's fun to have a player to "hate", but I think Sophie's not all bad. She clearly is a good person off the court, maybe too intense on the court, and not bad looking either. I also think the refs are partly to blame. If she ever got ejected for throwing those blatant elbows, I bet she'd stop doing it, but they (the refs) seem to let her get away with that sort of thing on a regular basis.

I think the issue with Sophie comes down to: are her 'elbows' legal or not. If not, then the refs are not doing their jobs. A couple of early-in-the-game foul-outs could possibly change her approach to the game. Otherwise, one night on some Cow Tech college campus in the Deep South, Miss Sophie will throw the wrong punch at the wrong time at the wrong young lady.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I know exactly who they are and I know who they play for. You started this post talking about her being a "dead woman walking" when Mizzou comes to play at CLA, which I read expecting to see what folks might be saying about how the crowd and players would be responding to her after last year's incident and continuing bad blood between the two programs/universities. But no, the conversation quickly turned to her "looks and taking a nibble of her". As usual, and hopefully not your original intention (altho you just jumped right into it with several of your replies, didn't you), a post about a female athlete devolves into sexist remarks. Again, this is a SPORTS board ... and yes, I'm a female (and as well a former athlete) and I really don't seem to be able to find any posts on this board regarding male athletes' looks.
Did I play on the WBB Team by chance? Honestly just askin' here. No biggy a'tall!!

Thanks. Are you anywhere near Chapel Hill? We're about 10 miles outside, out in the countryside.

No ma'am, I actually live in Marion. We are about 35 miles east of Asheville. I have been to Chapel Hill many times with a friend who is a die hard UNC fan and as much as I hate to admit it, Chapel Hill is a beautiful college town and UNC is a gorgeous campus. But other than that I have nothing for them. LOL!

OK, we can start one.

I knew you would be.

Sophie posted her own pictures of herself in bikinis. Not some dude, it was her posting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT