ADVERTISEMENT

***Football team thoughts from tonight's workout...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Clark

Football/Recruiting Insider
Jan 3, 2005
I took in tonight's Uplifting Athletes workout at the indoor facility and wanted to offer up some thoughts to our subscribers.

In particular, I wanted to get a look at USC's freshmen that enrolled for Summer I. I didn't get a look at Blake McClain or Shaq Davidson, so I either missed them or they weren't able to attend for whatever reason.

To me, Bryson Allen-Williams and Tyshun Samuel were the most impressive out of the freshmen just watching them out there. Allen-Williams looks like he's possibly added even more bulk since I last saw him in the spring, and he was of course getting after it in the drills and even offering some encouraging words to the other guys.

KC Crosby was in a boot and on crutches, looked like a foot injury.

Samuel isn't a "big" receiver per se, but he is put together well for his size and looked really quick and speedy in the drills.

Malik Young looks like he has some more work to do in terms of reshaping his body and improving his foot speed, but we know from seeing him in the Shrine Bowl that he has upside as a football player. Taylor Stallworth looked pretty good on the hoof.

I would be surprised if Al Harris Jr. hasn't put on some weight as well since he's been in the strength and conditioning program for about a month. It was hard to get a read on Michael Scarnecchia; he's not going to be a guy that really stands out in running/agility drills as a quarterback as say, Brendan Nosovitch.

Brandon Shell, wow. We know the guy is big and athletic but watching him in those drills is something else. During one drill where the players had to shuttle back and forth dumping a big medicine ball and picking it up out of a can, Shell was keeping pace with players much smaller than him. To be 6-6, 325+ and able to move like that means he has a chance to make himself a good bit of money one day.

Shon Carson looked rocked up as usual and quick, too. I also thought that Skai Moore and Jonathan Walton stood out on the hoof.

Busta Anderson and Kane Whitehurst were running on the side, no casts or anything like that were spotted.

Brison Williams is one of the team's leaders, that's pretty easy to see. He was watching all of his teammates in the drills, offering encouragement.

Darius English looked good out there and like he's kept on a good bit of that weight from spring ball.

I was also impressed with Mike Matulis.

This post was edited on 6/26 8:23 PM by Chris Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News