ADVERTISEMENT

For the baseball diehards, what is recruiting like with Kingston?

MookieBlaylock9

May 19, 2012
It seems we have a good class lined up in 2020, but it seems if you have too many good players, many will not sign because they'll be drafted.

The first couple of recruiting classes seem to have been ok considering the new staff.

What is Kingston looking for and where? I'm not really concerned about getting good players to come to the university, because I think the program does that by itself.

It seems we have a good class lined up in 2020, but it seems if you have too many good players, many will not sign because they'll be drafted.

The first couple of recruiting classes seem to have been ok considering the new staff.

What is Kingston looking for and where? I'm not really concerned about getting good players to come to the university, because I think the program does that by itself.

College baseball recruiting for the big schools is a crapshoot.

College baseball recruiting for the big schools is a crapshoot.
Unless you are Vanderbilt. They seem to get more 1st-3rd round draft picks to come to college than anyone else.
I read a couple years back they have some kind of "foundation" that scholarships can fall under. This was discussed on this site before. It doesn't apply only to athletes but I bet it helps.

Reactions: rogue cock
I read a couple years back they have some kind of "foundation" that scholarships can fall under. This was discussed on this site before. It doesn't apply only to athletes but I bet it helps.
I want to say Vandys foundation allows them to give baseball players a full ride, unlike how schools like USC can only give half, or quarter scholarships. The foundation $ is given to the players thru other permissible channels.

I want to say Vandys foundation allows them to give baseball players a full ride, unlike how schools like USC can only give half, or quarter scholarships. The foundation $ is given to the players thru other permissible channels.
That's what I've understood also.

Vandy’s foundation is available to any student that needs it so it can be offered to baseball players that gives them a full ride.

Basically a HUGE ADVANTAGE for Vandy. The scholarship limit for college baseball is around 11 1/2 total scholarships. Vandy can 'free ride' almost any player they deem fitting for their foundation dollars...

Yep, this is also being done at Virginia - called athletic endowment programs - which helped their baseball program rise up and win a CWS, and play in another championship series I believe. Also UNC utilizes a huge one too, and Stanford has a huge one, but it hasn't helped them with their baseball program much....

Based on a 2015 article by the Post and Courier, USC at the time had 3 fully-invested athletic scholarship endowments: one in the name of Marcus Lattimore, in the name of Tommy Suggs, and a new one at the time of the article, in the name of WBB Aleighsa Welch. These are scholarships that others can set in the name of a family member, or of a former student-athlete at USC, etc. They were thought up by a former associate AD at Southern Cal, where according to the article 70 of their 85 football scholarships are endowed scholarships. USC's are set at an amount of $300,000.00 per.

https://www.postandcourier.com/spor...cle_79e72cad-903d-50b7-b140-701d22ef1ed1.html

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT