ADVERTISEMENT

**** For those having issues with the app ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wes Mitchell

While we previously had a third-party Gamecock Central app developed for the site, that some of you are already using, we have made the decision to push our efforts towards the Rivals app. We want to be able to reliably deliver you breaking news notifications and this is the most reliable way for us to do that.

I've been testing the app for some time now and it's been a good experience for me. You just simply download the Rivals app and make sure South Carolina is selected as your team (I believe that will be automatic when you log in) and you'll be directed to Gamecock Central every time you pull up the Rivals app.

The idea of the app is to be a streamlined, faster experience with easy, quick access to our articles and forums, which should load and run quickly, as well mobile notifications on breaking news (to me, the biggest reason to have the app). Because of that, not all of the features you see on the desktop or mobile site are featured within the app.

App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rivals.com-no.-1-authority/id1069511855?ls=1&mt=8

Android Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yahoo.rivals.android

I would also encourage all of you to check out our mobile site in addition to the app. If you go to GamecockCentral.com on any phone, you'll get to the mobile site which has access to more of the desktop version's features.

I have the homepage added to my phone's home screen for quick access and I would encourage all of you to do the same. (for iPhone users it's as simple as going to Gamecock Central and hitting the little square with the arrow at the bottom of Safari and then selected "add to home screen.")

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

While we previously had a third-party Gamecock Central app developed for the site, that some of you are already using, we have made the decision to push our efforts towards the Rivals app. We want to be able to reliably deliver you breaking news notifications and this is the most reliable way for us to do that.

I've been testing the app for some time now and it's been a good experience for me. You just simply download the Rivals app and make sure South Carolina is selected as your team (I believe that will be automatic when you log in) and you'll be directed to Gamecock Central every time you pull up the Rivals app.

The idea of the app is to be a streamlined, faster experience with easy, quick access to our articles and forums, which should load and run quickly, as well mobile notifications on breaking news (to me, the biggest reason to have the app). Because of that, not all of the features you see on the desktop or mobile site are featured within the app.

App Store Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rivals.com-no.-1-authority/id1069511855?ls=1&mt=8

Android Store Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yahoo.rivals.android

I would also encourage all of you to check out our mobile site in addition to the app. If you go to GamecockCentral.com on any phone, you'll get to the mobile site which has access to more of the desktop version's features.

I have the homepage added to my phone's home screen for quick access and I would encourage all of you to do the same. (for iPhone users it's as simple as going to Gamecock Central and hitting the little square with the arrow at the bottom of Safari and then selected "add to home screen.")

Got it- thanks Wes

Reactions: Wes Mitchell
Don't care for the Rivals app. Seems like you lose a bunch of functionality. Shortcut to the mobile site is good advice.
The old app was just pointing to the mobile site, so that's what I use on my phone. The Rivals app is more about being a bit faster and for breaking news notifications. Definitely doesn't have the same functionality though.

Wes, I’m a Google Chrome guy (not a Safari fan). That said, how do I put a link on my iPhone for the mobile site?
Unfortunately, it appears you can't do that on Chrome. Maybe we can be your lone site you view on Safari :)

Or just bookmark us in Chrome

Reactions: StephenSC

Roger That

can't rotate screen
have to select school again
have to logon again
can't search while in app (but could be wrong)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT