ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Grammar 101

the worst thing about this abjectly terrible and contrived thread is that it is virtually impossible to tell who is being sarcastic and who is totally serious...

Originally posted by uscbeckham:
I'd like to know everyone's pet peeves on forum grammar. Honestly, I could care less about someone's grammar as long as I can understand the message, but I think it's a fun subject for a thread.

Let's teach everyone a course or is it coarse?
3dgrin.r191677.gif
It seems like this is the generation that puts prepositions,pronouns and intransitive verbs where they dont belong and have their own abbreviated text language. By the year 2050 are we really going to be advanced? I suppose we could be as long as we have sharp people who can understand the bastardization of our language and decode it.

I'd like to know everyone's pet peeves on forum grammar. Honestly, I could care less about someone's grammar as long as I can understand the message, but I think it's a fun subject for a thread.

3dgrin.r191677.gif
It seems like this is the generation that puts prepositions,pronouns and intransitive verbs where they dont belong and have their own abbreviated text language. By the year 2050 are we really going to be advanced? I suppose we could be as long as we have sharp people who can understand the bastardization of our language and decode it.

3dgrin.r191677.gif

the worst thing about this contrived and terrible thread is that it is virtually impossible to tell who is being sarcastic and who is being totally serious

Originally posted by Bongsummers:

3dgrin.r191677.gif
You mean you could not care less?

I kid.
It's about time. I figured chick would be the one to pick up on it.

Originally posted by CaliCock:
the worst thing about this contrived and terrible thread is that it is virtually impossible to tell who is being sarcastic and who is being totally serious
laugh.r191677.gif
I would hope that its all for the sake of sarcasm. Also, your right, there's no telling whose being serial.

3dgrin.r191677.gif
I hate misspelled words more than grammatical errors. Like not knowing the difference between mute and moot.

Originally posted by 4thgengamecock:
As long as I can understand it, I'm generally okay ...... except when people do the dot thing ...... where they separate semi-formed sentences with periods ...... that really annoys me ...... also emiticons of any sort ...... except the virtual horns, obviously ...... \m/ ...... how else are you supposed to convey that something's totes metal ...... also when people use the word "totes" ...... not really something on FGF, but still ......

This post was edited on 1/22 10:16 PM by 4thgengamecock
i guess your talking about me then.....i do that all the time as you can see, but i think it looks purdy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT