ADVERTISEMENT

Fox Sports Radio blasting clemron

PerchedOnRings

Oct 1, 2001
Right now for banning Athletes from posting on any social media. Program "showing distrust in the athletes", "treating them like 5-year olds" and "taking decisions away from young men". "It's not about keeping young men out of trouble, it's about selfishly protecting the program so things don't get out".

Listen up recruits. Daboism. The Nation is catching on.

I just read a story about this. Clemson has been doing this for years now. Recruits know about it and still chose Clemson. Seems pointless to bring it up now. These kids know up front. It's their choice. Good for them. Social media is the devil these days.

So we've got problems with Clemson's practice getting too good of a review, an issue with the environment and Clemson's balloons, and now twitter and Clemson is the topic of conversation?

If I was a mod here, I'd ban half of yall for starting Clemson propaganda on a Carolina site. This is getting out of hand? Were are all the UNCheat threads?

Reactions: TygerDude
So we've got problems with Clemson's practice getting too good of a review, an issue with the environment and Clemson's balloons, and now twitter and Clemson is the topic of conversation?

If I was a mod here, I'd ban half of yall for starting Clemson propaganda on a Carolina site. This is getting out of hand? Were are all the UNCheat threads?
Joined tuesday? Another tater on ignore.

I just read a story about this. Clemson has been doing this for years now. Recruits know about it and still chose Clemson. Seems pointless to bring it up now. These kids know up front. It's their choice. Good for them. Social media is the devil these days.
It wasn't "pointless" to bring it up, considering I live 10 hours away and was leaving the grocery store this morning listening to a NATIONAL, not local) sports outlet with a host and co-host railing on the taters about it. They even teased the segment prior to going to commercial. I pulled off the road and made the post so my fellow Gamecocks could hear what they were saying and discuss afterward. I'm not their Producer, I don't know what made them pick clemron to single out, but they did, and I enjoyed every friggin second of it.

Reactions: TIGERDAD1252
What is Dabo going to do? Take a players scholarship if they tweet about the program. He want even do that if one of his players is addicted to and uses cocaine.

Just proves their is so much crap going on in Clemson, even tweeting by people in the know has to be prevented.

What is Dabo going to do? Take a players scholarship if they tweet about the program. He want even do that if one of his players is addicted to and uses cocaine.

Just proves their is so much crap going on in Clemson, even tweeting by people in the know has to be prevented.

Curious, would you say the only record that matters in this rivalry is the past 5 out of 6 because of its contemporary nature...and the rest is ancient history?

The social media ban hasn't been for years. As I recall it came to be after Tajh was looking out of his ear hole for tweeting that USC's defense is average.

After getting his share of hits and hearing players call out his tweet, dabo made the call to ban social media.

Right now for banning Athletes from posting on any social media. Program "showing distrust in the athletes", "treating them like 5-year olds" and "taking decisions away from young men". "It's not about keeping young men out of trouble, it's about selfishly protecting the program so things don't get out".

Who is clemron? are they the same as Exxon? Need to be more mature in your post.

Clemron, clemsux, moo u, quimpsun, pickens county a&m....all of these terms refer to a little farming school in the upstate.

Curious, would you say the only record that matters in this rivalry is the past 5 out of 6 because of its contemporary nature...and the rest is ancient history?

No but I would say that the current landscape of the rivalry indicates a significant change from the historic pattern. If a person likes to brag about what former coaches achieved in the rivalry over the record of their current head coach, what does that say about that head coach?

Also our best years beating Clemson were when you paid $1.4 Million for an offensive coordinator and he just left to become a head coach.

If you think this rivalry will ever turn back to the way it was, you are daydreaming.

They were railing clempson on espn radio around 10:45 this morning for the same thing. But if the kids are aware of the rule, theres nothing wrong with it,imo.

They were railing clempson on espn radio around 10:45 this morning for the same thing. But if the kids are aware of the rule, theres nothing wrong with it,imo.

The social media ban has actually been in place since 2012 and was originally the idea of the seniors on the team, not the coach, although Dabo did concur with the decision. The ban has been in place ever since. I'm not sure why it is just now gaining national attention. Also, in the same article it references Jimbo Fisher banning all twitter activities for his team as well. The media loves to create a story but there really isn't one here.

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Social-networking-ban-idea-seniors-10787

Reactions: jblanken64

Dawn Staley bans social media as well, does that mean that she is in major cover up mode as well?

Just curious

Well, you're not a mod here so have a big 'ol box of these for your tears.............

Kleenex-now.jpg

It wasn't "pointless" to bring it up, considering I live 10 hours away and was leaving the grocery store this morning listening to a NATIONAL, not local) sports outlet with a host and co-host railing on the taters about it. They even teased the segment prior to going to commercial. I pulled off the road and made the post so my fellow Gamecocks could hear what they were saying and discuss afterward. I'm not their Producer, I don't know what made them pick clemron to single out, but they did, and I enjoyed every friggin second of it.

Here is Dawn's tweet on the topic....

Banning your players from social media is just plain wise. No, the players are not mature enough to handle it. The human race as a whole is not mature enough to handle it for the most part. When these guys say something stupid it, has consequences that others don't have to deal with.

Didn't the Gamecocks women's BBall ban social media today as well?

Reactions: TygerDude

Did you learn how to spell in school or are you a product of Common Core?

Clemson is not the only school to ban social media. Kids do stupid things and running their mouth on social media is one of them. And we all know how the media likes to takes things out of context and stir up controversy. So, for that reason, its not a bad idea to ban it and eliminate the possibility of the media misinterpreting a social media post, which often shines a negative light on the player and university, not to mention a distraction to the players and coaches.

The culture of cultism grows...

They're just mad that they won't get to beat any Clemson tweets into the ground like they do in the NFL. the media sucks...just ask Spurrier.

It's funny, not one reply from SC fans once it was mentioned dawn staley did the same thing.

Hello, anyone??? Care to elaborate??
Once one of their own does it, it's ok, kind of like they change everything to fit thier agenda. I can't wait to see the spin job/ meltdown when Uncheat /a she she team rams the ball down thier throat and whoever the QB has no answers

Once one of their own does it, it's ok, kind of like they change everything to fit thier agenda. I can't wait to see the spin job/ meltdown when Uncheat /a she she team rams the ball down thier throat and whoever the QB has no answers
LMAO. Have you been hanging out with your kicker? Wipe that white powder off your nose and come back to reality.

They're just mad that they won't get to beat any Clemson tweets into the ground like they do in the NFL. the media sucks...just ask Spurrier.
Ask bobble head boyd and tweeting. So much for Carilina's defense being average. Clowney made sure he spent most of the game on his back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT