ADVERTISEMENT

FWIW...Herman

Hope Tanner is still recruiting him. Best case scenario in my opinion is that Kirby goes to Georgia and we get Herman.

These journalists are bottom feeders. They will take anything considered a "source" and post it as news. The UGA Inside, as quoted in the article, is a fan created Twitter account with less than 100 followers.

This article may or may not turn out to be true, but there is no credibile information in the article.
Great post , geez he was just fired a few hours ago. And the Internet nerds already have a new coach and staff moving to athens.

These journalists are bottom feeders. They will take anything considered a "source" and post it as news. The UGA Inside, as quoted in the article, is a fan created Twitter account with less than 100 followers.

This article may or may not turn out to be true, but there is no credibile information in the article.

Spot on. I don't put too much into this article more than any other BS floating around out there (and there is a LOT), even though it's from the AJC, but they say getting rid of Richt was all about getting Smart before he goes somewhere else:

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/uga-moves-all-about-kirby-smart

Said one source with knowledge of the situation, “this was all about Kirby.”

Great post , geez he was just fired a few hours ago. And the Internet nerds already have a new coach and staff moving to athens.
Really tired of hearing about Herman...Ga. may have had this deal worked out early in the year who knows...I know Elliot lost to Citadel but he kept us competitive against some really good teams with a patched up O line a defensive staff that hopefully he would upgrade and a walk on QB. If we don't get Herman why not give him a year to see if there is another coach we could lure that we really want. BTW Ohio State put it on a good Michigan D without Herman calling the O?

Jeff you will remember that we had Will Muschamp coming here midseason last year to replace Whammy and become head coach in waiting.

+ , you don't give 1 year contracts to head coaches because of recruiting and no assistant coaches would buy into that.

Really tired of hearing about Herman...Ga. may have had this deal worked out early in the year who knows...I know Elliot lost to Citadel but he kept us competitive against some really good teams with a patched up O line a defensive staff that hopefully he would upgrade and a walk on QB. If we don't get Herman why not give him a year to see if there is another coach we could lure that we really want. BTW Ohio State put it on a good Michigan D without Herman calling the O?
Elliot with a one year contract? LOL, say goodbye to any recruits, not to mention any assistants.

Reactions: GamecockJL
If Georgia was able to come in this late and steal Herman from us, well, I don't know what I would do.

I read over on The Cockpit, a poster claims to know someone that is friends with Holbrook and Holbrook said that Tanner & Herman did meet, but didn't hit it off. Hope none of this is true. I still think Herman is our guy, but if he does go to Georgia and we miss out on Smart, then prepare for more terrible seasons.

Maybe Georgia throws a lot of money at Chip Kelly, Dabo, etc. I don't see them trying to replace a career .740 win percentage guy like Richt with a unproven coach.

Last edited:
No source, but by or on December 10, Tom Herman at Carolina and Krby Smart at UGA.

Tanner has had since middle of October to look for a coach and I believe he has his man with a gentleman's agreement...

If not and we get a bozo in, then Tanner needs to pack up his bags...

Reactions: melvin08
If Georgia was able to come in this late and steal Herman from us, well, I don't know what I would do.

I read over on The Cockpit, a poster claims to know someone that is friends with Holbrook and Holbrook said that Tanner & Herman did meet, but didn't hit it off. Hope none of this is true. I still think Herman is our guy, but if he does go to Georgia and we miss out on Smart, then prepare for more terrible seasons.
Well, I heard at church today from a significant and longtime booster and alumnus that he understood from a source Herman was to be in Columbia today.

Church gossip is the worst!
I know!! But I didn't make it up. That's what I want everyone to understand. I had a cretin on here the other day accuse me of making something up. I don't play that. If it's a lie, it's someone else's lie. I tell what I tell in good faith.

Reactions: bogiecock
But He is merciful to the merely misinformed. The guy who told me didn't make it up or authenticate it. But it started with somebody who either knows it is true or that it's not. He is the smoking gun.

Oh, I know. I will say that person could be right...

There is no way Tanner walks away without a home run hire...

If I had to bet, I'd say UGA goes after Kirby and Herman stays put until the Texas or Texas A&M jobs come open. South Carolina is clearly a bigger and better job than Houston but why commit to a school and region to which you have no ties when both Charlie Strong and Kevin Sumlin will enter next season squarely on the hot seat and that's his natural turf? Some think Texas could still make a move this year after the Baylor game.

Doesn't mean USC won't land a good coach however. In fact, it's entirely possible that the South Carolina job could be the best one available when Chip Kelly's fate is ultimately decided. Wouldn't shock me one bit if it played out that way. It's hard for a program like USC to hand-pick their coach of choice in a crowded field of college searches, particularly given the task of having to follow a legend like Spurrier, but the program has landed marquis names on the rebound twice before and just might do so again.

Reactions: gpcocks
If I had to bet, I'd say UGA goes after Kirby and Herman stays put until the Texas or Texas A&M jobs come open. South Carolina is clearly a bigger and better job than Houston but why commit to a school and region to which you have no ties when both Charlie Strong and Kevin Sumlin will enter next season squarely on the hot seat and that's his natural turf? Some think Texas could still make a move this year after the Baylor game.

Doesn't mean USC won't land a good coach however. In fact, it's entirely possible that the South Carolina job could be the best one available when Chip Kelly's fate is ultimately decided. Wouldn't shock me one bit if it played out that way. It's hard for a program like USC to hand-pick their coach of choice in a crowded field of college searches, particularly given the task of having to follow a legend like Spurrier, but the program has landed marquis names on the rebound twice before and just might do so again.
There's little room here for a sensible post such as this. Ban him!!

I'm just not feelin' Kelly for our job. It just doesn't seem like the right fit to me. I think he would be a fish out of water here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT