ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread.

Stoops has 3 wins against us. Hardly any other SEC wins. We are one of the very few things he can brag about. Embarrassing

Come on now J - Considering the bare cupboard he was handed, you can't put this in Champ yet. He was given a socon team and told to go play an SEC slate. You have to let him get HIS players in and coach them up. If things are this bad after 3yrs or so, then we can start talking about Boom and what he's learned.

I honestly believe last years OC is better at calling plays than roper

Reactions: GamecockJL
I am reasonably sure I could go to any day care and kick every 5 year olds a** there... I prolly wouldn't brag about it. lol
Beating us three times in a row may not be something to really "brag" about but it's about the only positive thing he can point to on his UK resume. That's embarrassing. That was my point.

Come on now J - Considering the bare cupboard he was handed, you can't put this in Champ yet. He was given a socon team and told to go play an SEC slate. You have to let him get HIS players in and coach them up. If things are this bad after 3yrs or so, then we can start talking about Boom and what he's learned.
Problem is that the kids he's trying to recruit are watching games like this one

Reactions: jonesz21 and 92Pony
Beating us three times in a row may not be something to really "brag" about but it's about the only positive thing he can point to on his UK resume. That's embarrassing. That was my point.
I get it but in the end he still won a trophy nobody would want. We plain suck.

I never thought I would see days like this again, and FFS here we are.

This is a serious question: did the Roper brothers father save David Cutcliffes life many years ago? Is that why he employed/employs them, calls them "offensive coordinator" and furthers their careers? Roped has done nothing as an offensive coordinator, neither here or at Florida. I don't believe the Duke offense was his, it was Cutcliffs.
exactly..as cutcliffs team beats the irish today

Roper can't game plan. He is handling McIlwain with kid gloves, but at some point, you have to win the game.
I'm still trying to figure out how anyone can expect Roper to gameplan anything with an OL that leaks like a sieve. There is no offensive system that will work behind a porous OL. Not only that but he is dealing with a true frosh QB. He's not a miracle worker, neither would anyone else be under the same circumstances.

bS. We traded blows with Texas am last year the whole game. We fumble in red zone against Tennessee to end the game we might have won. Lost to taters by 5. Those teams will stomp the chit out us this year I promise.

Excuses excuses final record 3-9.... we are now 2-2 already. I don't want to hear the couldve would've should've you either won or lost and we did alot of losing last year. All that fluff doesn't matter show me the record.

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone can expect Roper to gameplan anything with an OL that leaks like a sieve. There is no offensive system that will work behind a porous OL. Not only that but he is dealing with a true frosh QB. He's not a miracle worker, neither would anyone else be under the same circumstances.

Miracle worker? He no Mangus

Excuses excuses final record 3-9.... we are now 2-2 already. I don't want to hear the couldve would've should've you either won or lost and we did alot of losing last year. All that fluff doesn't matter show me the record.

We ave 1 TD a game. Last year we could score

True but there are no quick slants or crossing routes. The linebackers have no passing game responsibility. They crash the line on every play. Every now and then, a play caller has to help his guys out, hence the slant being our most effective play last year.

Reactions: HI Cock
He's 1-23 when losing at halftime. He was 0-23 until tonight.

It's not talent. It's offense. We have playmakers and athletes on offense. We can't get the ball to the playmakers right now. We have to break the SEC mold and go with someone who will shake it up. Like Auburn has in the West. Right now we got nada. Good defense. ZERO offense.

In his defense, he did inherit a dumpster fire. Ironically, its very similar to what Muschamp interited, too. It's just going to take time for both of us to get back up to normal.

True but there are no quick slants or crossing routes. The linebackers have no passing game responsibility. They crash the line on every play. Every now and then, a play caller has to help his guys out, hence the slant being our most effective play last year.
Agree. We did run several of those in the first couple of games. But no one seemed to want to catch them...and Orth put them on the money. Maybe BMAC doesn't throw them well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT