ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread.

I don’t believe in turning points. Every minute of the game is important. There is no magic moment for failure or success.
The two aren't mutually exclusive. Is every minute, every possession important? Of course. Are there times in a game where the results of a small series of plays has an even greater effect on the outcome? Often time, yes.
I've been active in sports for most of my life, as a player and now a coach. Not every game has that "turning point", but plenty of them do.

Reactions: Carolina4
The two aren't mutually exclusive. Is every minute, every possession important? Of course. Are there times in a game where the results of a small series of plays has an even greater effect on the outcome? Often time, yes.
I've been active in sports for most of my life, as a player and now a coach. Not every game has that "turning point", but plenty of them do.

Id say he believes in them. He spouted off in his original response that if we lost it wasn’t because on a span of 10 possessions in the 1st half. He just assumed I was being critical of Bryant blaming him if we lost. I wasn’t. Just citing that may have been a turning point if we did lose, missing 4 consecutive FTs and they hit a 3. Pointed out the reason we lose and the turning point are 2 different things. He replied this. A whole bunch of contradictions in just a few posts but it’s whatever.

In the end we won! That’s all that matters! Go Cocks!

Reactions: Jon Snow

A romantic... I can dig it. Don’t subscribe, though.

Gravett has been HUGE during the 4-0 start. Not only has he produced (17 ppg) during that stretch, but having him so obviously embrace his role coming off the bench and leading the second unit provides a lift.
The stat-head part of me wants him to replace someone (Campbell?) in the starting unit. The small amount of common sense I have knows how important chemistry and complimentary player combinations are. Keep bringing him off the bench! (but get him plenty of minutes)

Reactions: 92Pony and mavcock
Id say he believes in them. He spouted off in his original response that if we lost it wasn’t because on a span of 10 possessions in the 1st half. He just assumed I was being critical of Bryant blaming him if we lost. I wasn’t. Just citing that may have been a turning point if we did lose, missing 4 consecutive FTs and they hit a 3. Pointed out the reason we lose and the turning point are 2 different things. He replied this. A whole bunch of contradictions in just a few posts but it’s whatever.

No, I wasn’t defending Bryant. Guy produced two empty possessions from the free throw line. That’s shameful.

My point is, there are like 65 to 75 possessions in the game. They are all important. We over emphasis those that happen later in the game becuase there is less time to correct a mistake. And we call those important moments and turning points. The reality is, every possession is one data set that has a positive or negative outcome toward a win.

No, I wasn’t defending Bryant. Guy produced two empty possessions from the free throw line. That’s shameful.

My point is, there are like 65 to 75 possessions in the game. They are all important. We over emphasis those that happen later in the game becuase there is less time to correct a mistake. And we call those important moments and turning points. The reality is, every possession is one data set that has a positive or negative outcome toward a win.

o_O Ok...well it’s even worse then. It is what it is. You can’t prove you are right and I can’t either. Of course I’m not the one trying to....but let’s just leave it at that.

You and I were likely thinking the same things during that stretch. After the comeback to tie, and the physical and emotional toll that takes, I was worried we wouldn't answer their baskets following the missed FTs and missed defensive rotation. Yes, Bryant missed the FTs, but I'm not laying the blame on anyone who has the kind of production Bryant had, especially not a freshman.

Says a lot to win on the road in a place we haven’t for 9 years, and with Silva and Kotsar in foul trouble for a good while, and 7? points combined? We’ll win a lot more games when those 2 are allowed to play, and AJ, Key, and the Red Lion keep on truckin’

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT