ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecock a surprise favorite at Kentucky

I am stunned by this. Get ready for “motivation” for Kentucky. Of course, being in the top 20 and tied w UGA in the East should be sufficient. But I swear we will hear that next weekend. Kind of like the way our crew was “offended” by Mason calling the game a street fight. Oh well. Just kick the ball...

Well we know what will be the first thing to go on their bulletin boards for motivation

Reactions: Judson1
Verisimilitude!!!
(OK , I have a Word of the Week calendar)
Something that has the appearance of being real, but isnt necessarily.
That sums up so called "bulletin board material" in sports.
Both teams will be ready to play, it comes down to personnel match ups and execution. Period.
As far as USC being favored, it is an attempt as all spreads are at getting money equally bet on each side, so there's a perception that gamblers feel we're a pretty good team.

Verisimilitude!!!
(OK , I have a Word of the Week calendar)
Something that has the appearance of being real, but isnt necessarily.
That sums up so called "bulletin board material" in sports.
Both teams will be ready to play, it comes down to personnel match ups and execution. Period.
As far as USC being favored, it is an attempt as all spreads are at getting money equally bet on each side, so there's a perception that gamblers feel we're a pretty good team.
many verisimilitudinous posts here

Reactions: DrMickey
What?
RightPleasantHerring-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Gradstudent
After thinking we were about 2.5 points better than Vandy, no doubt our dominating performance had an impact on these insiders. They must have concluded we're quite a bit better than they thought.

Reactions: gamecockblack
We have a better balanced offense, as evidenced by the Vandy game. We are dual threat. Kentucky is primarily a two player threat, both running. If our secondary can maintain containment, keep everything in front of them, we probably can stuff the box and get an occasional stop. I think we can exploit the Cats deep and get up early and force them to abandon the run, if we get up by two scores.

Our shirts still say Kentucky on them. Regardless of how good we are that’s tough to overcome for the Vegas crowd.

We have a better balanced offense, as evidenced by the Vandy game. We are dual threat. Kentucky is primarily a two player threat, both running. If our secondary can maintain containment, keep everything in front of them, we probably can stuff the box and get an occasional stop. I think we can exploit the Cats deep and get up early and force them to abandon the run, if we get up by two scores.
Dual threat my behind. They have made our Qb look like trash the past two seasons. They have made us dimensional before, and our Qb wasn’t up to the task. What makes you think this year will be any different? Teams with good defenses bother him badly. Kentucky is better on offense and there new Qb can pass the ball, just ask Mississippi State and Florida. More importantly he doesn’t seem to get scared. This game worries me.

Dual threat my behind. They have made our Qb look like trash the past two seasons. They have made us dimensional before, and our Qb wasn’t up to the task. What makes you think this year will be any different? Teams with good defenses bother him badly. Kentucky is better on offense and there new Qb can pass the ball, just ask Mississippi State and Florida. More importantly he doesn’t seem to get scared. This game worries me.
261 yards passing 273 yards rushing. How is that not a dual threat?!?

Forget about 2015 and 2016, we didn't have the talent/experience to compete with Kentucky, thanks to Spurrier. We had the lead halfway through the game last year, until Kentucky broke Deebo's leg and turned momentum in their favor. That hurt us short term but helped us long term. This year Shi and OrTre are seasoned WRs behind our starters. We ARE a dual threat, see first sentence. We are deep at WR and RB. OL has been great, only 3 sacks given up. Only snafu has been defense, and they were better last week. Fortunately, they just need to stuff the box and contain the ends. Kentucky will have some success, but our offensive balance will pay us bigger dividends. We will score more.

Reactions: 80USC90
After thinking we were about 2.5 points better than Vandy, no doubt our dominating performance had an impact on these insiders. They must have concluded we're quite a bit better than they thought.
They obviously don't read message boards - esp. FGF

. We had the lead halfway through the game last year, until Kentucky broke Deebo's leg and turned momentum in their favor. That hurt us short term but helped us long term. .

That's a false narrative and your memory is not correct. Deebo played 3 quarters and we were still shutting your offense down.

Deebo scored a 68 yard touchdown...and after that we scored 17 unanswered. We were up 7-6 at the end of the first. Deebo got hurt with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. We were up 17-6. Your offense was shut down by our defense after that first touchdown.

Does Deebo give you all a good chance to maybe (low percentage) chance to come back...yeah...but we were up 2 scores entering the 4th quarter. Don't act like it was a big collapse after he left the game. We were still playing superior football through 3 quarters before he got hurt.

That's a false narrative and your memory is not correct. Deebo played 3 quarters and we were still shutting your offense down.

Deebo scored a 68 yard touchdown...and after that we scored 17 unanswered. We were up 7-6 at the end of the first. Deebo got hurt with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. We were up 17-6. Your offense was shut down by our defense after that first touchdown.

Does Deebo give you all a good chance to maybe (low percentage) chance to come back...yeah...but we were up 2 scores entering the 4th quarter. Don't act like it was a big collapse after he left the game. We were still playing superior football through 3 quarters before he got hurt.
My bad, wrong broken leg. We had three players with broken legs last year. I was thinking of Rico Dowdle breaking his before the half in the Tennessee game, and we barely held on to win. Sorry about that.

UK now favored and points moving

Yes, the public is all over Kentucky, which is outstanding for us. Like another poster above said, it looks like a sucker bet. Kentucky is ranked, undefeated, the home team and have beat us the last 4 years. We are unranked, 2-1, on the road yet opened as a favorite. The public is and will be all over Kentucky. I feel very strongly we win Saturday barring some crazy game circumstances.

Last edited:
I like this board.

Gonna be a great game Saturday. I'm looking or Benny to go for 150 plus, three TD's. I like our OL and DL. Not just strong, but depth. I can't wait.

I like this board.

Gonna be a great game Saturday. I'm looking or Benny to go for 150 plus, three TD's. I like our OL and DL. Not just strong, but depth. I can't wait.
I actually agree with you. I can see 150 yards and 3 TDs for Snell against our defense. However, I think the score will be something like 30-21 in South Carolina's favor. I feel much better about our OL. It is dramatically better than last year's OL for our game. Our defense is still a step behind last year, but improving. It's going to be a great game to watch for everyone else in the country.

BlewWorld can't wait.

You spelled it incorrectly. Don't know why the hate, but all good my friend.

I actually agree with you. I can see 150 yards and 3 TDs for Snell against our defense. However, I think the score will be something like 30-21 in South Carolina's favor. I feel much better about our OL. It is dramatically better than last year's OL for our game. Our defense is still a step behind last year, but improving. It's going to be a great game to watch for everyone else in the country.

I can easily see the game going either way. My fear is the legitimacy of our passing game. I don't know if we have any actually. Force our QB to throw and we could see your prediction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT