ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecock MBB Non Conference Schedule….

Gamecockben1979

Jun 5, 2017
Thoughts? Initial thought personally is I think it’s pretty crazy our entire non conference slate will be played in North and South Carolina.

Maybe given the way Covid ravaged this team last year, Frank is trying to make sure these games get played this season.

Im going to be disappointed if we don’t win 11 of those 14 (assuming they all get played)

South Carolina Men's Basketball 2021-22 Non-Conference Schedule
Nov. 4, Benedict (exhibition)
Nov. 9, USC Upstate

Nov. 12, vs. Princeton (Asheville Championship)
Nov. 14, vs. Western Kentucky/Minnesota (Asheville Championship)
Nov. 18, UAB
Nov. 23, Wofford
Nov. 28, Rider

Dec. 1, at Coastal Carolina
Dec. 5, Georgetown
Dec. 12, vs. Florida State (Rock Hill, S.C.)
Dec. 14, Allen
Dec. 18, at Clemson
Dec. 22, Army
Dec. 29, SC State

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
I’m as miffed about it as anyone. For whatever reason we are doing a “home and home” with them but at neutral sites.

I live here, haven’t seen one. Is a venue listed? It has to be Winthrop, only place viable.
Couldn’t find anything listing the venue. I guess it’s kind of cool despite how weird it is at the same time. I feel like playing Florida State would draw a decent crowd to the CLA though. Then again we hosted Michigan a few years ago and it wasn’t anywhwere near a sellout. Hopefully we get some Ws this year no matter the venue or city

Couldn’t find anything listing the venue. I guess it’s kind of cool despite how weird it is at the same time. I feel like playing Florida State would draw a decent crowd to the CLA though. Then again we hosted Michigan a few years ago and it wasn’t anywhwere near a sellout. Hopefully we get some Ws this year no matter the venue or city

We have a very casual fan base for basketball until January. Even the Clemsux game has a hard time selling out.

The product might have a little something to do with that.
It probably does. Ironically I think the best “home” basketball game I have experienced before Christmas was the Clemmons game up in Greenville. Of course alcohol was served and that was more uncommon at the time.

Reactions: king ward
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT