ADVERTISEMENT

#GamecockNation, here's a needs list (beyond recruiting). What can fans do to help this?

Rooster Louie

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Recruiting:
Getting the players to win in the SEC (and vs. clemson) is obvious.
Coaching staff appears to be on it.
Staff also appears to have right attitude and headed in right direction, regarding some of the other issues that follow.
Confident in what has been witnessed recruiting wise, thus far.
* #GamecockNation Stay positive. Express positives.

Media / Exposure / Marketing / Branding:
Social Media presence and volume must be improved and utilized as MUCH AS POSSIBLE to our fullest advantage.
Instagram is supposedly the most popular social app with teens. Followed by Twitter, Snapchat, etc.

It appears social media steps are being taken in right direction.
This social media presence and need can not be overlooked if we're moving forward.

Radio:
Not sure how popular sports radio is in the overall scheme of things. (I.E. How much radio influences, Boosters, donations, recruits, recruiting circles, high school coaches, etc.)

The Home:
I listen to 107.5 FM often if wifi is available. Disappointing that "the home" has a Tater host and much tater talk and postive discussion on our "home". IMO, we don't truly have a home for this reason.

----

Upstate / Greenville / Spartanburg:
I listen to sports talk radio often in the upstate of SC.

clemson is admittedly a "hotter topic" in college football right now. Understood. But, clemson was always even with USC up here in the upstate, even when we beat them 5 straight.

(Polls often show there are more Gamecock fans in this state. This is true, EVEN in the upstate. Even in Greenville, which clemson claims as "orangeville". I bet they would like to win and own Greenville. One of the fastest growing cities in the SouthEast.)

Right Now, clemson is miles ahead of USC, in radio and TV coverage and exposure up here.

----
ESPN Radio:

97.1 ESPN radio is the local station in Spartanburg. (The station broadcasts in Greeenville too.)

The 97.1 mid day show is a little more balanced (between Gamecock / Tater talk).

However, the afternoon show (Straight up with Sturg) often has Tahj "Bobblehead" Boyd as a host. They gush and drool "clumpson" (as Sturg pronounces it) and tater talk during the entire show. It's a gushing clumpson worship and love fest.

That's fine. Their call. And, "clumpson" butters their bread (radio shows after tater games, etc.)

However, perhaps the USC fans in the upstate can offset and balance this somewhat. Call in more and inspire talk about #GamecockNation. (That is if they don't cut off Gamecock callers, censor, or short talk us. Or, turn it back to clumpson in some way, which usually happens.)

----

Television / news / etc.

All Tater talk. During this winter storm, they sent a reporter to Clemson (Channel 21 Fox) to show the roads, etc.). On the news, most sports news is Tater Talk.

-----

I could go on forever.

Not sure how it is in the midlands and lower state?

However, there is a definite need in these areas.

Bottom Line: It's sickening.

-----

STAY POSITIVE. Wear the colors. Place the magnets. Fly the flags. Talk up #GamecockNation. Expose. Market. Promote.

If you advertise, mention #GamecockNation in your ads. clumpson folks do this. Doesn't seem to hurt their business.

-----

And, perhaps most importantly,

#SpursUp

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News