ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks fight to the death

coolcock2001

Oct 29, 2003
Y'all know our mascot symbolizes never giving up right? If you are bailing on the team now you're not a Gamecock. Nobody ever said this was easy. If you back Carolina then we need you more than ever in a tough season. If you're ready to fold the tent then please pick up some orange and don't come back. I'm Carolina forever personally

22154556_864623230367493_3511056558603092943_n.jpg

Being realistically critical of them does not equate to giving up. Being a sunshine pumper doesn't make you a better fan.
I see a lot of people on here and Facebook ready to jump ship so my message is for them. Don't derail my thread after 1 post! It's a public service announcement that being a Gamecock fan is hard. If you can't handle that you need to pick a different team

Reactions: DarkCock
Thank you Mr "I'm a better fan than you"

I see a lot of people on here and Facebook ready to jump ship so my message is for them. Don't derail my thread after 1 post! It's a public service announcement that being a Gamecock fan is hard. If you can't handle that you need to pick a different team

Reactions: king ward
Speaking to the content of a post, and disagreeing with it, is not derailing.

Reactions: king ward
Being realistically critical of them does not equate to giving up. Being a sunshine pumper doesn't make you a better fan.

Agree. It's just the way it is. Some folks can't help but be sunshine pumpers. Same as some folks are happy, some ain't. Some look for positives, others find fault. Some leave running sports teams to the people paid to do the job, some second-guess every decision and bitch and moan to the nth degree when things don't go the way they ought to, and demand heads roll.

Glass half full, glass half empty. The yin and yang. Without bad, there would be no good. And that works the other way around, too.

Reactions: CCGC34
It's bizarre that it's considered "sunshine pumping" to post that Gamecocks fight to the death. It's true, and strangely beautiful. That is the nature of life: you fight and then you die.

Few can accept this.

Reactions: coolcock2001
Being a Gamecock fan IS hard, doesn't mean that hard has to mean stupid. Nobody is asking for easy, we just want our coaches to be smart. That's it, that's all we are asking. Be smart, show us why you deserve the salary we are paying you. Our DC is doing a fantastic job with what he has to work with. Our OC needs to step it up or if Muschamp is wanting to put in his 2 cents, tell Tanner and maybe he will tell Muschamp to leave him alone.

Reactions: Lakecock1
This team is actually pretty darn close to breaking through to be a 10-2 type team based on the current state of the SEC. I think that's the frustrating thing on both sides of this particular debate. Seeing improvement but also missing out on some opportunities for even larger gains. Clemson beating all takers doesn't help things for the impatient set, but I personally don't care if they win all their games for eternity, I'm never going to care about that backwoods place other than hoping they continue to more or less educate the necks that seem to gravitate there.

Go right ahead, but you haven't exactly unleashed an epiphany concerning the difficulties associated with being a Gamecock fan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT