ADVERTISEMENT

Gamecocks set to officially add John Scott Jr. to the staff tomorrow morning...

Changes jobs every year. How can you be a good recruiter? They had Walling already here and proven to be a good DL coach. Guess that made too much sense. Probably gonna be over paid also.

Good with this hire. His moves have been upward, even with the move from the Jets to Arkansas. Time will tell.

Some of you must really think Muschamp is an idiot and doesnt know half of what you do. The time Muschamp has put in to coaching the last 2 weeks is more then all of you complainers combined. The man hasnt been on campus yet and its a bad hire? You cant make this shit up, its laughable around here.
Kurt I really wish you well at NCST.

Upward. From the nfl to a two win sec team? Ok
First of all the Jets are a joke and have been for a while. He went from an Asst D Line coach to DLine coach for a Power 5 conference. Beliema's offense and it's construction is the reason for Arkansas failure. I am also pretty sure Coach has seen up close what a Scott coached D Line can do. Can you say Georgia Southern.

Sure he moves around but the fact is he's getting hired. If you can't coach why is he being hired at different schools? Sorry, didn't mean to toss logic into the talk.
I've seen the same thing happen with teachers. They aren't worth a crap but they get a contract somewhere every year. This is just a matter of filling a faculty spot because its getting late in the game and almost time for school to start again. A very undistinguished acquisition.

Reactions: Brace1
Some of you must really think Muschamp is an idiot and doesnt know half of what you do. The time Muschamp has put in to coaching the last 2 weeks is more then all of you complainers combined. The man hasnt been on campus yet and its a bad hire? You cant make this shit up, its laughable around here.
He might be a non-idiot; he might know 10 times more than I do; he might have coached more in the last two weeks than all of us combined, maybe everyone in Columbia combined - for a lifetime. And all that together doesn't mean this will be a good acquisition.

He might be a non-idiot; he might know 10 times more than I do; he might have coached more in the last two weeks than all of us combined, maybe everyone in Columbia combined - for a lifetime. And all that together doesn't mean this will be a good acquisition.

Or a bad one.

Reactions: South Cack

Some of our fans are deluded beyond belief. Very few of them think HBCs know more about football than they do. It's disgraceful. But you can't get thru a welcome thread without all the nasty hogwash! Hope the Scott family is not reading this.

doesn't mean it won't either. What's your point? The only rational thing to do is let it play out and wish the best for the football program. Coach Scott could be the next Nick Saban. We don't know. It's a safe bet he'll be better than the clown that didn't want to be here.

First of all the Jets are a joke and have been for a while. He went from an Asst D Line coach to DLine coach for a Power 5 conference. Beliema's offense and it's construction is the reason for Arkansas failure. I am also pretty sure Coach has seen up close what a Scott coached D Line can do. Can you say Georgia Southern.

I’m willing to hope for the best. But Arkansas’s main problem this season under Morris was defense, not offense.

But he was not competely responsible for the defense, so perhaps there is some nuance here. Muschamp may know something others don’t.

And it doesnt mean he wont be, no seldom used words in your vocabulary can refute that.

doesn't mean it won't either. What's your point? The only rational thing to do is let it play out and wish the best for the football program. Coach Scott could be the next Nick Saban. We don't know. It's a safe bet he'll be better than the clown that didn't want to be here.
Not necessarily. He could still be worse. That's also rational.

And it doesnt mean he wont be, no sledom used words in your vocabulary can refute that.
Neither one of us knows. I just prefer to look at his peripatetic (which perfectly describes his history) worksheet. Where has this man distinguished himself at a level above Georgia Southern, if there?

Maybe it goes beyond your level of coaching expertise as to why he was hired. I'd bet on that.
My level is subliminal. Neither you not Muschamp can apprehend my coaching consciousness. I could frustrate you both before you realized what was happening.jumpingsmile

I've seen the same thing happen with teachers. They aren't worth a crap but they get a contract somewhere every year. This is just a matter of filling a faculty spot because its getting late in the game and almost time for school to start again. A very undistinguished acquisition.
We're not talking about teachers we're talking about football coaches. Who would hire a football coach that can't coach unlike a teacher where there are just positions to be filled in a classroom with the school year coming up. That's implying coach Scott was a desperation hire just to fill a job because he's the only one who would take the job. I don't care if he stays 3 years as long as he produces.

We're not talking about teachers we're talking about football coaches. Who would hire a football coach that can't coach unlike a teacher where there are just positions to be filled in a classroom with the school year coming up. That's implying coach Scott was a desperation hire just to fill a job because he's the only one who would take the job. I don't care if he stays 3 years as long as he produces.
If he stays three years, he'll go stir crazy. He's not used to that kind of longevity. This acquisition has Hail Mary written all over it.

By the way, I have a higher regard for the teaching profession than you do.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT