ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday speaks: taters not mentioned...when acc champs predicted

Status
Not open for further replies.

gridfan

Dec 7, 2001
Mt. Pleasant, SC
no one mentioned the taters being a factor, VT, FSU, GT are the picks to win so the taters are considered to be no better than the 4th best team in the always weak acc, chew on that taters

Reactions: swatterac
no one mentioned the taters being a factor, VT, FSU, GT are the picks to win so the taters are considered to be no better than the 4th best team in the always weak acc, chew on that taters
Cool, no pressure. Hopefully we can surprise some folks and win a few games this year. We'll see I guess.

Reactions: Tiger Artillery 12

b2a.gif

Reactions: Tiger Artillery 12
And exactly where is USC predicted???
I don't recall ANY Gamecock fans talking about 14-0, or National championship, or Heisman
trophy winners. Now, I've seen quite a few Clemson fans predicting all of the above, therefore
you guys have set yourselves up for comments boo-hooing your delusional expectations. After
the sixth week, there will be suicide watches on all major bridges in S.C., simply because of
the pap fed to you by your snake-oil salesman, the Dab.

Reactions: swatterac
Coctal says: "I don't recall ANY Gamecock fans talking about 14-0, or National championship, or Heisman
trophy winners. Now, I've seen quite a few Clemson fans predicting all of the above, therefore
you guys have set yourselves up for comments boo-hooing your delusional expectations. After
the sixth week, there will be suicide watches on all major bridges in S.C., simply because of
the pap fed to you by your snake-oil salesman, the Dab."

Then what is your optimistic prediction for the Gamecocks, 6-6 or 7-5? I would at least like to believe things can be better than most of the gloom & doom.

"We're Doomed!"

Inbreds are inbreds. Unintelligent people are unintelligent. Grass needs water to grow. #1 NFL prospects on tignet are only #1 when you calculate the distance from the moon to the sun on a certain day when they were born.
Coctal says: "I don't recall ANY Gamecock fans talking about 14-0, or National championship, or Heisman
the pap fed to you by your snake-oil salesman, the Dab."

Then what is your optimistic prediction for the Gamecocks, 6-6 or 7-5? I would at least like to believe things can be better than most of the gloom & doom.

"We're Doomed!"

It's the ACC nobody gives a chit about any team other than FSU. I mean FSU been in ACC like 10 yrs and won 20 AcC championships. Lol
KKKlempsux has won one football championship in the weak a$$ acc in the past 20-years. What drugs are they taking to think they're even relevant in college football? FSU (12), Virginia Tech (4), and GA Tech (3) have more titles during that time frame. Of course 2-championship would be more than the sheephumpers.

Clemson is the biggest farce this year in college ball. They are picked fourth in the weak ACC? That would place them 10th or 11th in the SEC. All you sheep humpers on this board take notice. Carolina is going to stomp your little Oranges butts in Willy Brice this year. You will also see how much better our venue and game atmosphere is compared to your backwoods cookouts and we have only begun our updates and additions. We have been quite amused with all the bravado spewing from your mouths after finally winning one against us but another long winning streak for the Cocks begins this year. We are going to miss all the Clemson BS after your ELITE program struggles in the ACC and sends you back into remission in your barns playing the quiet game. Gonna be a lots of Tiger Paw license plates and Walmart magnets removed from pick ups this year in South Carolina. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Quote: "Carolina is going to stomp your little Oranges butts in Willy Brice this year."

Show me the "bravado" quote (like yours) that you are referring to.

I try to be objective here since this is your site, and I try to refrain from posting unless the topic is about the Clemson Tigers, which strangely enough there are many. Yet the outright hate filled rhetoric, innuendos, and fabrication regarding Dabo is worse on here about any opposing coach than any other major rivalry site I've been too, including Alabama and Auburn. Most of it is just fabrication, someones hateful emotions run a muck. Did Dabo do something personally to inflict harm on any of your families, as the tone here seems to indicate? I believe that many here hate him so much that they would probably push him into the path of a bus if they could, and that is sick! Steve Spurrier is not my favorite coach, but I respect the man and his family, and I have had correspondence with him. So if you want to complain about Dabo (or anyone for that matter), gosh, just try and keep it at least PG rated and a lot less violent! If Dabo wrong you or your family in a personal and harmful way, I'm quite sure he will recompense for that. Let's just enjoy the rivalry of the season and toss darts about that and not personal shots at a coach, his family, or the even the opposing fans players. Yet I know that the frothing mouth foamers are spitting at the screen right now ready to attack my words, but I can take.

Reactions: TygerDude
I try to be objective here since this is your site, and I try to refrain from posting unless the topic is about the Clemson Tigers, which strangely enough there are many. Yet the outright hate filled rhetoric, innuendos, and fabrication regarding Dabo is worse on here about any opposing coach than any other major rivalry site I've been too, including Alabama and Auburn. Most of it is just fabrication, someones hateful emotions run a muck. Did Dabo do something personally to inflict harm on any of your families, as the tone here seems to indicate? I believe that many here hate him so much that they would probably push him into the path of a bus if they could, and that is sick! Steve Spurrier is not my favorite coach, but I respect the man and his family, and I have had correspondence with him. So if you want to complain about Dabo (or anyone for that matter), gosh, just try and keep it at least PG rated and a lot less violent! If Dabo wrong you or your family in a personal and harmful way, I'm quite sure he will recompense for that. Let's just enjoy the rivalry of the season and toss darts about that and not personal shots at a coach, his family, or the even the opposing fans players. Yet I know that the frothing mouth foamers are spitting at the screen right now ready to attack my words, but I can take.
That's because I've never seen a Division I coach give a staged, rehearsed, 6 1/2 minute pissing tirade, blasting their rival. It wasn't just a snippy comment in passing. dumbo practiced it (recruits have verified he tells them some of the same crap) and tried to disrespect, degrade and insult The University of South Carolina, coaches and fans. To top it off, he was mad about something Spurrier didn't say. Even when dumbo was told Spurrier didn't make the comment, he still couldn't help himself. The only media he could get to go along with his act was part of his own, a taternet reporter (imagine that!).

I'm kinda glad he had his childish rant because it lit a fire under the fans & for Spurrier (not that he needed one).

Dumbo brought this on himself. He's fake and a classless jerk & deserves everything he gets.

Last edited:
That's because I've never seen a Division I coach give a staged, rehearsed, 6 1/2 minute pissing tirade blasting their rival. It wasn't just a snippy comment in passing. dumbo practiced it (recruits have verified he tells them some of the same crap) and tried to disrespect, degrade and insult The University of South Carolina, coaches and fans. To top it off, he was mad about something Spurrier didn't say. Even when dumbo was told Spurrier didn't make the comment, he still couldn't help himself. The only media he could get to go along with his act was part of his own, a taternet reporter (imagine that!).

I'm kinda glad he had his childish rant because it lit a fire for the fans & for Spurrier (not that he needed one).

Dumbo brought this on himself. He's fake and a classless jerk & deserves everything he gets.

Very well put, Upstate. Ever since that rant, dumbo swinney has been nothing but a steaming pile of dog crap as far as I am concerned.

And maybe your point, you don't believe that Steve Spurrier ever made a mistake, or said something outrageous in an emotional situation (and yes I have seen him or the visor get emotional!). Maybe try going W-A-A-Y back when Steve was a young coach like Dabo is and check to see how his emotions were. You may get a good glimpse of how frustrated he gets REAL soon, or at least in the course of this year. Just like quite a few posted last year about Steve Spurrier needing to retire, I will bet the farm (get it, farm???), that should the season go south, many, including yourself, will be saying "the game has passed him by."

And maybe your point, you don't believe that Steve Spurrier ever made a mistake, or said something outrageous in an emotional situation (and yes I have seen him or the visor get emotional!). Maybe try going W-A-A-Y back when Steve was a young coach like Dabo is and check to see how his emotions were. You may get a good glimpse of how frustrated he gets REAL soon, or at least in the course of this year. Just like quite a few posted last year about Steve Spurrier needing to retire, I will bet the farm (get it, farm???), that should the season go south, many, including yourself, will be saying "the game has passed him by."
Even a young Spurrier never did anything that resembles dumbo' staged rant. At least Steve will admit when he's wrong. dumbo never did or apologize. Stupid dumbo was still pushing for Spurrier to appologize, even when multiple reporters told dumbo steve didn't make the comment. He sure touts the christian values, but that was anything but!

In typical Spurrier fashion, his response:

"I didn’t say it. ... Smart people don’t believe everything they read, and they don’t believe hearsay. … I guess Dabo believed it."

Go Cocks!!

Last edited:

That old line "the game has passed him by" is just dumb. Guess what? Football is STILL a game of blocking, tackling, running, throwing, catching, and kicking, like it was in 1920. Have any of those aspects ever passed by a coach?? I don't think so. The game has simply gotten faster with faster players and hurry up offenses, and the players wear better equipment, and some of the rules have changed since it started up. That's really about all that's changed.

If things do go south, it will be because our coaches didn't prepare (develop) our guys good enough, they didn't come up with good enough game plans, or because we still don't have the talent/speed that we need to compete at this level, or some combination.

Just go away tater.

I gotta give you credit for having the gusto to keep coming back after you firmly planted your foot in your mouth early in this thread.

But to try and compare Spurrier to ANYTHING Da-Blo has ever done just shows your ignorance. And yes, while some of the outrageous things Spurrier has said over his illustrious career were planned and for entertainment, they were always in jest to be taken lightly and never out of hostility just after getting his ass handed to him.

As a matter of fact, I can't think of one other single hc ever rehearsing and recited a stage disparaging rant against their rival after getting smacked around. Most understand how pathetic it would make them look and would never want the college football world to view them as a whining, crying sore loser.

Yet your fanbase ate it up, drank it down and heralded the fool while the rest of the college football world shook their heads.

But please, PLEASE, sign him to a longer contract with a higher buy-out after winning 9-10 games (with a loss in Cola, of course) and hopefully finishing higher than your preseason ranking again this season

KKKlempsux has won one football championship in the weak a$$ acc in the past 20-years. What drugs are they taking to think they're even relevant in college football? FSU (12), Virginia Tech (4), and GA Tech (3) have more titles during that time frame. Of course 2-championship would be more than the sheephumpers.
HEY!!! They are only taking the drugs that their kicker provides them. No more no less!
;)

It isn't all their fault......a large part of the delusions are a direct result of the fanboys at their propaganda radio network, WCCCP.

Now if you want to blame them for believing the obvious STUPID proposition that losing 13 of the top 15 players from your defense and starting two true freshmen on your OL in front of a China doll QB along with no special teams off of a 9-3 ACC team = having the greatest team in college football history for 2015, it is perfectly okay.

Just know that not all the Clemson fans are as simpleton, delusional rubes as those which troll these boards and TaterNet. The ones at the camping outing this summer expected Watson to miss half the season and expected quite a few 2011 type meltdowns like NCST and SC, and wondered how much damage Brad Scott's son would do to Chad Morris' offense.

The OP premise that Cu is the 4th best team in the ACC is false. What they are saying is that FSU will beat Clemson and keep them out of the ACC Champ game. The weak ACC worked the SEC east over the end of last season so don't think I would be the pot calling the kettle black.

Dabo uses religion for personal gain and team success. That's why I don't care for him. It's sick. The media attention over a baptism at football practice was the sickest thing I've seen in sports, and we've all seen some really sick stuff in the past ten years. He is responsible for USING religion on that day. I don't hate Dabo, but he's a sick person.

Yeah, we dislike Swinney very much. He is the biggest liar ever associated with Carolina and Clemson dating back over 100 years. He takes every opportunity to bash Carolina to make himself look good. I think after Clemson's collapse this year, you same Tillman guys on this board will turn on Dabo with more venom that we ever had.
The only reason we have mentioned Clemson so much this year on our boards is simple. After finally winning a game against us you have flooded our boards so much ,always trying to laud Dabo and Clemson at our expense. We all predicted this after your victory last season. When your ACC brothers finish with you and when we totally embarrass you in Columbia you will flee our boards and then we will ignore you like the lightweights you really are. Hope this answers your question.

Reactions: Gamecockalypse325
Yeah, we dislike Swinney very much. He is the biggest liar ever associated with Carolina and Clemson dating back over 100 years. He takes every opportunity to bash Carolina to make himself look good. I think after Clemson's collapse this year, you same Tillman guys on this board will turn on Dabo with more venom that we ever had.
The only reason we have mentioned Clemson so much this year on our boards is simple. After finally winning a game against us you have flooded our boards so much ,always trying to laud Dabo and Clemson at our expense. We all predicted this after your victory last season. When your ACC brothers finish with you and when we totally embarrass you in Columbia you will flee our boards and then we will ignore you like the lightweights you really are. Hope this answers your question.
I don't think you have ever really embarrassed us in Columbia before. Beaten us, yes. But embarrass??? I would think embarrassed would be losing 63-17 or 45-0 in your own stadium by your rival.

I don't think you have ever really embarrassed us in Columbia before. Beaten us, yes. But embarrass??? I would think embarrassed would be losing 63-17 or 45-0 in your own stadium by your rival.
Can't wait till November, so I can watch all of you taters scuttle back under the fridge from whence you came. Here's a thought: what will all of you say if you lose? What's the excuse gonna be? Will Carolina have won, or will you allow Dabdum to hand feed you that whole "Tillman tech beat Tillman tech" schtick again?

Funny the taters dont want to remember the 56 points we scored on them...which is only 1 TD less than their amazing 63 they love to remind everyone about. We've done basically the same thing, a beat down. Be embarrassed.

Post that. Tweet that.

Funny the taters dont want to remember the 56 points we scored on them...which is only 1 TD less than their amazing 63 they love to remind everyone about. We've done basically the same thing, a beat down. Be embarrassed.

Post that. Tweet that.

It's called "selective memory". When a fact doesn't support your case, you conveniently forget about it.

Reactions: UpstateGamecock2

I suppose the same drugs any fan of any team with a TV camera in front of them...you know, the ones holding up 1 finger and yelling "We're #1." How can every team be #1? We're all fans...we all think our team is the best...it's what we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT