ADVERTISEMENT

Garcia Not Drafted (Protected) in AAF Draft

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
He’s been out of the game a while so I’m sure that doesn’t help. Not sure exactly how the draft worked but would’ve been fun to see him get on the field again. Not shocked though.

I have zero doubt Connor Shaw would’ve been picked had he wanted to play in this league.

AAF Draft

I was disappointed Garcia didn’t get picked. Would love to see him play again. I am excited about watching this new league though. Thinking I’ll mostly focus on Spurrier’s team (Orlando).

Do they sign free agents?

If so he still has a chance.

I like how Atlanta notes who the OC is, Michael Vick, him as a player/coach would be fun to.

Him answering questions post game would be awesome.

Do they sign free agents?

If so he still has a chance.

I like how Atlanta notes who the OC is, Michael Vick, him as a player/coach would be fun to.

Him answering questions post game would be awesome.

Maybe he’ll get picked up. Would love to see him in Orlando. I believe this was only QBs drafted so that would be 4 per team. Honestly I could be wrong though. Probably a long shot because of his age and time away from the game.

From the explanation of the rules it seems as if Garcia was assigned to the Orlando team. Every QB that signed with the league was assigned to the team nearest to the last college of CFL team they played for. This draft gave each team the opportunity to protect QB’s assigned to them or draft new ones. I’m assuming since Orlando didn’t protect him, they drafted another QB or maybe more. That would seem like bad news for him going forward, at least with Orlando.

From the explanation of the rules it seems as if Garcia was assigned to the Orlando team. Every QB that signed with the league was assigned to the team nearest to the last college of CFL team they played for. This draft gave each team the opportunity to protect QB’s assigned to them or draft new ones. I’m assuming since Orlando didn’t protect him, they drafted another QB or maybe more. That would seem like bad news for him going forward, at least with Orlando.

Interesting. I thought Gilbert (drafted by Orlando) played college ball in Texas.

Interesting. I thought Gilbert (drafted by Orlando) played college ball in Texas.

Right. Drafted not protected. Not sure if that means teams could draft other QB’s assigned to other teams if they hadn’t already been protected or if the only QB’s drafted had to be un-assigned players.

Only indicates 1st 4 picks were protected. Honestly have no idea how that works but I imagine somebody like Gilbert getting drafted by Orlando means that he is basically taking Garcia’s spot (unprotected / undrafted). Of course that doesn’t mean Garcia doesn’t get invited to a camp somewhere and can’t earn a position.

He’s been out of the game a while so I’m sure that doesn’t help. Not sure exactly how the draft worked but would’ve been fun to see him get on the field again. Not shocked though.

I have zero doubt Connor Shaw would’ve been picked had he wanted to play in this league.

AAF Draft
I’m not sure if you all were paying attention...he wasn’t that good while he was here. He was the quarterback of the Most talented Gamecock teams ever and lead them to mediocrity.

Reactions: jimnasium
I’m not sure if you all were paying attention...he wasn’t that good while he was here. He was the quarterback of the Most talented Gamecock teams ever and lead them to mediocrity.

Just pointing out a former QB wasn’t drafted. Didn’t feel like being a douche and criticizing the only QB in SC history to lead his team to an SEC Eastern Division Title.

Good enough to beat #4 Ole Miss, #1 Alabama, Clemson twice, Georgia, Florida and Tenn. BTW I believe Garcia is on the Birmingham Iron roster along with Elliott Fry

Good enough to beat #4 Ole Miss, #1 Alabama, Clemson twice, Georgia, Florida and Tenn. BTW I believe Garcia is on the Birmingham Iron roster along with Elliott Fry

WJOX out of Birmingham was hoping the Birmingham team would pick him. Bama fans wanted to boo him for beating them in 2010. 9 seasons later and they still remember that game. Funny.

Yeah, could ask him if any of his neighbors' dogs are missing.

This is great in a way. Hopefully get to see Garcia play again and watch SS coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT