ADVERTISEMENT

Go after Richt now

Cbreezy33

Oct 6, 2014
I know we're all in for a younger coach and I totally understand the logic behind it but this guy is a proven winner and a proven recruiter. He's only 55 right now which is a good bit younger then Spurrier, he's 144-51, 9 bowl wins, 6 time SEC east champ, and we can forever make Georgia regret their decision. Look at all the current and former UGA players and how highly they're speaking of him... He's a players coach in the truest sense and given our lack of a coaching pool to chose from at this point I think you gotta go all in on him.

Richt is a good Christian and I don't see him coming across the border to USC. I just think he would see this as a bad thing to do to the UGA people. jmo

Reactions: IrmoRed
Richt is a good Christian and I don't see him coming across the border to USC. I just think he would see this as a bad thing to do to the UGA people. jmo
What does his Christianity have to do with whether or not he would be our coach? I also don't think there's any moral issue with leaving Georgia after they fire you to go to another school one state over.

Reactions: usc1855
What does his Christianity have to do with whether or not he would be our coach? I also don't think there's any moral issue with leaving Georgia after they fire you to go to another school one state over.

Yes. Probably a poor choice of making my point, but what I was trying to say is that Richt is a good man, and I would think, even if he was fired, he wouldn't try to rub it in the face of the Georgia fans by getting a job at a next door school in the same conference. Not the same, but similar to Brad Scott. I like Richt, and would be very happy if he was our coach. Just saying.

I think Richt would be a great hire. Definitely can recruit and may even get his #1 QB to Columbia!

Richt will go to a school one state over, it'll just be south not north.

Reactions: IrmoRed
He would be great. The best indicator of future performance is past performance. He knows the competition in the east he knows how to recruit south and how to play against Clemson.

I just loved it that you use that performance statement.
It is one of my favorites. And let me tell you how else it applies. Our only success has come with coaches of national renown who are at the end of their career.....we are their final destination. Richt is the answer. We need a transition up the road for him, but he is the only one who makes sense.

Reactions: stillcocky
Yes. Probably a poor choice of making my point, but what I was trying to say is that Richt is a good man, and I would think, even if he was fired, he wouldn't try to rub it in the face of the Georgia fans by getting a job at a next door school in the same conference. Not the same, but similar to Brad Scott. I like Richt, and would be very happy if he was our coach. Just saying.
There aren't many coaches that are low class trash like Brad Scott and his crybaby son who calls our coaching candidates to put us down.

Miami has history but that's it. It would be tough to go to a place were you can count the total number of people in the stands by the first TV timeout.

Miami has history but that's it. It would be tough to go to a place were you can count the total number of people in the stands by the first TV timeout.
It's his alma mater and it's in a conference where he is less likely to face his former players. Can pretty much promise for Richt that last part is important.

I think Richt would be a great choice but I am also hearing he will coach the bowl game for Georgia. That would put him and us behind in the recruiting war.

I know we're all in for a younger coach and I totally understand the logic behind it but this guy is a proven winner and a proven recruiter. He's only 55 right now which is a good bit younger then Spurrier, he's 144-51, 9 bowl wins, 6 time SEC east champ, and we can forever make Georgia regret their decision. Look at all the current and former UGA players and how highly they're speaking of him... He's a players coach in the truest sense and given our lack of a coaching pool to chose from at this point I think you gotta go all in on him.

He also won't have to learn on the job. He's a legitimate "SEC" coach. You already know what you are gonna get. The SEC is not child's play.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonesz21

They just fired him. I don't think he's too worried about that. Also, I don't know what being Christian has to do with finding employment.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn
May be the best option after all these open jobs snatch up everybody else. Unreal how many jobs come open after
Spurrier retires.

Re

Read 14.
Richt is not a good game coach. I think his recruiting prowess is more due the attraction of UGa than his ability. I think he would struggle mightily here.

He finished in the top 10..8/15 years. I would day that's a pretty good game manager.

Also, people forget how close they came to beating Alabama in 2012 and playing for a national title.

Richt is not a good game coach. I think his recruiting prowess is more due the attraction of UGa than his ability. I think he would struggle mightily here.
Maybe..but he would have a major chip on his shoulder. Could you imagine the what first game we played against therm between the hedges would be like?

I have always like the persona Richt displays on TV. But he seems to either lose control or condones questionable conduct from his players. And like SOS said, you can count on 4 or 5 Georgia players being suspended at the beginning of the year. He has had more than his share of thugs.

Too old...great guy with a LOT of talent that won a lot of games based on talent. Not sure how he would do recruiting without the GA talent that's going to end up at UGA regardless..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT