ADVERTISEMENT

God, Tom Brady, Tom Brady....blah blah blah. Shut the hell up about him! Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, and John Elway were all better!

you talking about the same Mike Evans who’s played in 5 fewer seasons than Antonio Brown and has the same number of 1000+ yard seasons as Brown? (hint: ALL of Mike Evans’ seasons have been 1000+. He may well be the only WR in history to have ALL 1000+ yard seasons)
Mike evans doesn’t show up in big games. He had ONE catch in the super bowl. Brown scored. Look at tonight, Evans can’t catch and when he does he loses yards. He might have fancy stats but when big games come along he stinks it up.

Mike evans doesn’t show up in big games. He had ONE catch in the super bowl. Brown scored. Look at tonight, Evans can’t catch and when he does he loses yards. He might have fancy stats but when big games come along he stinks it up.

I watched a Bucs game, I want to say it was the Superbowl but I’m not positive, in which Evans was getting double covered pretty much every play. And in the process, it was opening up other WRs. So it’s not fair to say a guy in that situation isn’t performing when he’s opening big plays for his teammates by eating the double coverages.

All I know is he’s most likely going to be a HOFer and whatever he does or doesn’t do in big games, it’s safe to say the Bucs would’ve never made it to the SB without him. So you may have a guy like Evans who gets you to the finish line and then underperforms. Or you may have a guy like Antonio Brown who performs big in big games, except he needs others to get him there because he’s a self absorbed asshole who’d never lead a team on his own.

NE is beating TB right now. But it is early 3rd Q. Long way to the end. NE fumbling everywhere and Brady has yet to get ‘em to the end zone.

I like the old guys like Unitas and Fouts and Montana. Didn’t have an earplug in their helmet. Weren’t protected like QBs are now. Called their own plays. Unitas said “the most dangerous time of a play is the second or two after you release the throw - that’s when they knock you down and pile on.”

Reactions: lostcock
I like the old guys like Unitas and Fouts and Montana. Didn’t have an earplug in their helmet. Weren’t protected like QBs are now. Called their own plays. Unitas said “the most dangerous time of a play is the second or two after you release the throw - that’s when they knock you down and pile on.”

Unitas, Fouts, and Montana also didn’t have to play against scientifically engineered mutants either. Defensive players are bigger, faster, and stronger today than any point in history. If players like Suh, Aaron Donald, or Jadeveon Clowney were allowed to throw the same hits that Jack Lambert was allowed to throw, no skilled position player would ever make it more than 2-3 seasons. Owners wisely realized that QBs and RBs were their money makers and the rules were adjusted accordingly. But to suggest that a QB like Brady or Manning wouldn’t have dominated 60s and 70s defenses is purely idiotic.

Reactions: DrMickey
How’d he do in the NFC Championship game? Bucs always seem to rotate the WR they key in on. It’s almost clockwork. Tonight was AB’s turn.

The Bucs are loaded at WR. They aren’t going to force the ball to anyone. Always going to take the best matchup. They didn’t need Evan’s to catch more than one in the Super Bowl. Had they lost and Evan’s caught one…ok. But that obviously wasn’t the case as that game was never in doubt.

How’d he do in the NFC Championship game? Bucs always seem to rotate the WR they key in on. It’s almost clockwork. Tonight was AB’s turn.

The Bucs are loaded at WR. They aren’t going to force the ball to anyone. Always going to take the best matchup. They didn’t need Evan’s to catch more than one in the Super Bowl. Had they lost and Evan’s caught one…ok. But that obviously wasn’t the case as that game was never in doubt.

pretty much the same with the Chiefs…you’re forced to try to single cover a receiving corp that can not be single covered. If you commit to shutting down Kelce (or Gronk), it breaks the #3 man (either Hardman or Antonio Brown) wide open. But if you try to cover the 3 man, it pops the TEs open. Then you have #1 receivers…Mike Evans or Tyreek Hill…who cannot be covered by single coverage. So then it pretty much forces you to single everybody else and you’re forced to decide if the TE or the #3 man are going to steal your lunch money. It can’t be fun at all trying to cover those kinds of offenses.

You would take Peyton Manning or Steve Young over Brady, and you know it! Be honest.
the-muppets-2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: jeff2001
Lucked out...or bailed out again. Outplayed by Mac Jones, but saved by the zebras. It's just a regular season win, but with at least 5 quarterbacks in the NFC alone that are better, Brady better buy a ticket if he wants to go to the Super Bowl. Take your one legitimate Super Bowl and be happy with it, like Brad Johnson.

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were lucky to win Superbowls. When you go to 10 Superbowls and win 7, luck doesn’t have a damn thing to do with it.

And he was "lucky" being the Super Bowl MVP 5 times of the 7 wins. Scary part is even at his age he could still win a couple more rings before he hangs it up.

I don't know about Jesus, but Moses would definitely be better than Brady. Wouldn't even need an oline. He would just part the defense.
Well, OP, I’ll give it to you. That bit about Moses and Jesus is dang funny. In fact, if this whole thread is a comedy routine, you are on the right track.

Reactions: jeff2001
Ok I figured it out. Your angry, drunk neurotic midget had an affair with Brady. Admittedly, it was a short affair and probably literally left a mark on Brady. Dude, give it up, the midget boat has sailed. She wants Brady not you !

Ok I figured it out. Your angry, drunk neurotic midget had an affair with Brady. Admittedly, it was a short affair and probably literally left a mark on Brady. Dude, give it up, the midget boat has sailed. She wants Brady not you !
I thought jsusc was the midget guy. I was about to post that you guys better go easy on him lest he send that violent wench to your house to ruin your day. Think about it, one right cross from her and you'll be singing soprano. Very surprised that no one realized he was just trolling.

Reactions: DrMickey
As a Tampa Bay season ticket holder I'm blessed to be witnessing the greatest QB of all time. My tickets before Brady showed up were going for face value (around $70 a ticket). I sold my Bucs-Cowboy tickets for $1200...Thanks Brady!! Dude says he may play until he's 50...would love to see that.

• Wow
Reactions: caughtlookin
You must live in the same alternate universe my 89-year old mother-in-law with severe dementia lives in. Say hello to her next time you meet in your shared universe.

• Haha
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
No way. Almost half the teams in the NFL, for one or more reasons, wouldn't make that trade.
NFC South-every team except Tampa and that’s bc they have Brady…so everyone

NFC East-Maybe Dallas would keep Dak and that’s a stretch. Brady would be an upgrade.

NFC West-Maybe Seattle and Arizona would keep their QBs bc of youth, but again both would jump at the opportunity for Brady.

NFC North-any team not named Green Bay. And given how much management and Rodgers argue, yeah they’d pull the trigger too.

AFC South-everyone.

AFC North-everyone

AFC East-Maybe Buffalo keeps Allen for the long haul over Brady at this point. Everyone else no brainer.

AFC West-Mahomes and Herbert (maybe). Rest would.

Not sure why I’m feeding the troll but tell me where I’m wrong and I’m being super generous with this assessment. My guess is several of these young “franchise QBs” would even be moved for one shot at a title with Tom Brady.

The Buc Holes sucked before Brady and will certainly suck afterwards. He single handedly got them a title

You would take Peyton Manning or Steve Young over Brady, and you know it! Be honest.
Peyton was straight up washed by his 38th birthday.

That was literally six playing seasons ago for Tom, seven at the conclusion of this year.

He's 44 years old and looks as good or better than Peyton did at any point in his career.

It hasn't been a question for me since after the 2007 season.

If you haven't checked the stats in a while, Tom Brady will have had a more impressive career after age 35 than the entirety of Peyton's career.

The fact you included Steve Young is kind of funny to me. The guy who literally had to quit playing due to taking shots to the head is better than Tom? That one will have to be explained to me 😂

This guy is clearly trolling. Remember he's the author of the midget chronicles

NFC South-every team except Tampa and that’s bc they have Brady…so everyone

NFC East-Maybe Dallas would keep Dak and that’s a stretch. Brady would be an upgrade.

NFC West-Maybe Seattle and Arizona would keep their QBs bc of youth, but again both would jump at the opportunity for Brady.

NFC North-any team not named Green Bay. And given how much management and Rodgers argue, yeah they’d pull the trigger too.

AFC South-everyone.

AFC North-everyone

AFC East-Maybe Buffalo keeps Allen for the long haul over Brady at this point. Everyone else no brainer.

AFC West-Mahomes and Herbert (maybe). Rest would.

Not sure why I’m feeding the troll but tell me where I’m wrong and I’m being super generous with this assessment. My guess is several of these young “franchise QBs” would even be moved for one shot at a title with Tom Brady.

The Buc Holes sucked before Brady and will certainly suck afterwards. He single handedly got them a title
There are 14 teams that wouldn't make that trade as of today for one or more reasons. Age, they have a better QB, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Peyton was straight up washed by his 38th birthday.

That was literally six playing seasons ago for Tom, seven at the conclusion of this year.

He's 44 years old and looks as good or better than Peyton did at any point in his career.

It hasn't been a question for me since after the 2007 season.

If you haven't checked the stats in a while, Tom Brady will have had a more impressive career after age 35 than the entirety of Peyton's career.

The fact you included Steve Young is kind of funny to me. The guy who literally had to quit playing due to taking shots to the head is better than Tom? That one will have to be explained to me 😂
Peyton was always a better QB than Brady. If he had played for the Patriots he would've required a third hand for all the rings they would have. Meanwhile, had Brady played for the Colts y'all would be looking at a Jim Harbaugh type career most likely, which is nothing to be ashamed of.

• Haha
Reactions: DetroitCock
Too many posts to reply to each one, so I'll lump them all together and just say this JsUsc whatever you drank last night, you had too much of it and it was sure strong as #€££!

Unitas, Starr, Tittle, Brody, Jurgensen - those guys took an incredible amount of punishment.

Reactions: rogue cock
Staubach, Stabler, Namath. Loved watching Stabler play. Hate that Namath had such a serious injury before his pro career began.
I'm old enough to remember him come off the bench in the Orange Bowl versus Texas with the national championship on the line.

Sloan wasn't getting it done and the game was getting away.

Namath brought Bama back and Texas only held on by stopping a Namath run on fourth and goal inside the one yard line with time expiring.

Namath had more wrapping in his knee than I had ever seen. It was a heroic effort, the kind that doesn't happen now with players opting out.

I never got to see Namath play. Is there a quarterback from, say, the 80's up to today that he could be compared to?

Right there with ya buddy, I usually will drink Heineken or Sam Adams, and 2 is my max, usually only drink 1, anymore than that and my wife will probably make me sleep out on the back deck.

Care to list the 14?
Dallas
Green Bay
L.A. Rams
Arizona
Seattle
New England(look how Mac Jones outplayed Brady. Tampa Bay probably pines for Mac Jones.)
Buffalo
N.Y. Jets
Kansas City
San Diego Chargers(They can go to hell with that L.A. bullshirt)
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Baltimore
Jacksonville

They'd all laugh in the face at the notion of taking Tom Brady today. And those are just the sure things. DEtroit and the Raiders may feel the same way. I think we can all agree that based on what we've seen thus far, Sam Darnold and Brady are about even. I'm not saying that Sam Darnold will be as good as Brady when he's 40 something, just that he's as good right now.

• Haha
Reactions: DetroitCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT