ADVERTISEMENT

Going to Athens - Parking Suggestions??

CavDad62

Sep 9, 2010
Been to Athens many times, but the last several were on chartered buses and I didn't have to worry about parking and tailgating.

Headed over Saturday on my own. I know it's packed and crowded due to it being a smaller, downtown area.

Any suggestions for parking? Good spots folks have had in the past? Any good spots with Gamecock fans?

Or do you just park wherever you can?

Last edited:
Welcome to Athens. You can probably grab a spot downtown for around $20. Try around the 40 Watt Club (Google Map it). Another area will be on Old Lexington Road near the Oconee River. You can find private lots there for around $20. Traffic in and out will be lighter on Old Lexington Road but the food options downtown will be much better. And there are some great food options. Enjoy the visit but Go Dawgs!

Reactions: PC31 and CavDad62
Welcome to Athens. You can probably grab a spot downtown for around $20. Try around the 40 Watt Club (Google Map it). Another area will be on Old Lexington Road near the Oconee River. You can find private lots there for around $20. Traffic in and out will be lighter on Old Lexington Road but the food options downtown will be much better. And there are some great food options. Enjoy the visit but Go Dawgs!

Thanks, will try to get close to downtown for sure.

Athens is one of the smallest towns around that has a complete loop around it. You can use it to your advantage. Good advice about parking near the 40 Watt. If you can park on the north side of downtown and head north out of town, it will probably be faster. Of course I do hope there is some traffic after the game, it will mean we kept the score close.

Taking the Gamecock charter bus. My first trip back to Athens in many, many years. Had sworn I'd never go back after the way we were treated but let a couple of friends of mine talk me into it this year of all years! Still. I plan on having fun.

Taking the Gamecock charter bus. My first trip back to Athens in many, many years. Had sworn I'd never go back after the way we were treated but let a couple of friends of mine talk me into it this year of all years! Still. I plan on having fun.

And boy did we ever have fun! Turned out to be a good year to go back.

Reactions: lostcock and PC31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT