ADVERTISEMENT

Good read from the Auburn site about Muschamp

• Thread starter Brian Shoemaker
  • Start date
Interesting. I like to hear this stuff:

"Muschamp was cut-throat with his evaluations. If he liked a player and later decided that he didn't engage, the player's scholarship offer was cut. He did this a few times on the spot, simply cutting all ties with a prospect based solely on footage from a spring scrimmage or practice. He trusts his eyes. He wants disruptors. He wants hell-raisers.

"He was able to sign several high-caliber players the Tigers wouldn't have been able to sign without him. He also created an environment where toughness isn't a goal; it's a requisite behavior expected to be shown during every drill and every snap. The work ethic is better. Accountability means more. There is more self-motivation."

Great review. That's what I'm seeing more of now....the pre 2012/2014 view of Muschamp.
Good to hear what I was thinking he'd bring to SC....Auburn insiders recognized he brought to them even though offense and previous DCs soft approach provided some obstacles for their D last year.
I seem to warm to this hire more daily.

Didn't realize he signed a 3-year deal.

What seems apparent is Muschamp's football IQ. It's different than baseball where maybe the statistics matter a bit more. We need some intensity in this program and someone who's not going to tolerate BS. Question will be: can he convince guys to come here and play. Sometimes I feel certain he will, other times I'm left wondering if anyone can.

The down side to his hard nosed approach though is like what happened to him year before last at UF. The team suffered injuries that kept something like 12 starters off the field for most of the year. If you are going to practice and play every day with that kind of intensity injuries are going to happen. I guess there needs to be a happy medium in there somewhere where you can get the most out of your players without beating them up too badly.

Brian did you watch the Jacksonville St. game? The tape of the Georgia Southern game at U.F. when he had Fowler, Bullard, Morrison, VH3 and more talent.and got thoroughly beat and could not score on a Div. 2 team? I wish USC the best. Besides the U.F. game I was a fan due to Spurrier. If it was my team given what he did at Florida and Auburn I'd not be happy.

And he acts like a crazy child all the time. The temper tantrums get old quick. He continued them this year. Cost his team 15 yards and that is awful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT