ADVERTISEMENT

Got the email that Dickerson is out.

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
ANOTHER safety injured. I’d like to know how many more times our safety’s are forced to “attempt” to tackle a ball carrier compared to other teams? Seems if the front 7 were doing a good job shedding blocks they would make the bulk of the tackles and the safeties wouldn’t have to hit so much. I do know Brunson has been racking them up so that sounds right but I’m just trying to figure out why so many of our safeties are getting injured?

Sheesh...... We may not play Akron after all. May not have enough players to field a team!

Reactions: CockIN73
Our safeties are being punished because of having to make so many tackles in open field they are glorified LB because the DL can't make a play.

Our DL is comparatively small. They do a pretty good job for their size, but we have played 3/4 huge OLs this year, including UF's OL. Also our LBs seldom seem to be in position except for Brunson....and are not large either. Both those put a lot of pressure on probably the weakest/youngest spot on our defense to make plays....they haven't done particularly well except for 1/2 younger players....and I guess we just lost one of those.

Our DL is comparatively small. They do a pretty good job for their size, but we have played 3/4 huge OLs this year, including UF's OL. Also our LBs seldom seem to be in position except for Brunson....and are not large either. Both those put a lot of pressure on probably the weakest/youngest spot on our defense to make plays....they haven't done particularly well except for 1/2 younger players....and I guess we just lost one of those.

Alabama’s best interior defensive lineman weighs 289 lbs.
I’ll assume he’s much quicker than our guys though. Still, he has probably been coached to play with great leverage.

Reactions: Noonoo-33
Why in the hell didn't we recruit Alabama's DL???????
Stupid ass Muschamp. And Tanner too.

Alabama’s best interior defensive lineman weighs 289 lbs.
I’ll assume he’s much quicker than our guys though. Still, he has probably been coached to play with great leverage.

Plus he’s not a true freshman and has been in college weight training more than a year.
It makes a huge difference. It’s not just the size

Reactions: Judson1
Plus he’s not a true freshman and has been in college weight training more than a year.
It makes a huge difference. It’s not just the size
He redshirted and had spent two years in the weight room. He was 265 in High School...now 290. Give Engabare, Sandidge, and Belk two years in the weight room. They will be excellent players.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT