ADVERTISEMENT

Great news! Josh Kendall leaving the State News

Yeah I didnt have a problem with him. Bigger fish to fry in this world than worrying about a possible conspiracy theory of a news person. I also see Kornblut bashed which I find kind of crazy. He has always been a pro. Most these news guys are just out there doing their jobs. And just because one graduated from a certain school doesnt make them professionally biased to their college team's rival. Maybe personally, but they normally dont let that creep into there work. That's bush league and they won't be around for long.

Yeah I didnt have a problem with him. Bigger fish to fry in this world than worrying about a possible conspiracy theory of a news person. I also see Kornblut bashed which I find kind of crazy. He has always been a pro. Most these news guys are just out there doing their jobs. And just because one graduated from a certain school doesnt make them professionally biased to their college team's rival. Maybe personally, but they normally dont let that creep into there work. That's bush league and they won't be around for long.

Took the words out of my mouth. How true truth to power.

Kendall has the weirdest voice. I was shocked first time I heard him speak during a radio interview. Sounds like he should be 80.

Lost all respect for Kendall when he asked Spurrier how much longer he planned to coach and ran straight to print after he said 2 or 3 more years. Being USC’s hometown newspaper he should have showed some respect and told Spurrier, “Coach you might not want to say that publicly” and not printed the quote knowing darn well it would destroy the team he was being paid to report about. Knew he was sleezy and anti-gamecock at that very moment. Glad he’s gone!

Lost all respect for Kendall when he asked Spurrier how much longer he planned to coach and ran straight to print after he said 2 or 3 more years. Being USC’s hometown newspaper he should have showed some respect and told Spurrier, “Coach you might not want to say that publicly” and not printed the quote knowing darn well it would destroy the team he was being paid to report about. Knew he was sleezy and anti-gamecock at that very moment. Glad he’s gone!

This is absolutely laughable. So a reporter "destroyed the team?"... haha. South Carolina went 7-6 BEFORE Spurrier ever made that comment. The team was dropping like a rock BEFORE that comment was made. If you think that comment is what destroyed the team, you are delusional. Spurrier himself, who I have great admiration for and will always be thankful that he was the coach at SC, did MANY things that led to the downfall of the program. Those things started well before that comment.

Those things included, but are not limited too..
1. Not trying at all to hire top quality assistants.
2. Completely gave up on recruiting.
3. Stopped calling plays which is what made him the HBC.

These things started back when SC was still going 11-2 and Spurrier just thought that success would continue without having to put in the work.

This is a very strange thought process but that is just me

USCALUMNI

Reactions: Zann77

that is exactly what a reporter shouldn’t do. A reporter’s job isn’t to make the “hometown” coach look good/bad/etc....

We don’t need a North Korea, or MSNBC/Fox News style news media here. It wasn’t his job to coach Spurrier or make him look good.

My guess is Kendal is going to The Athletic to cover either Carolina or UGA. Anyone know if they already have a UGA guy?

Josh was an upgrade from Seth Emerson. How soon we forget.

Been without the snake 17 years !!!
Did Columbia ever have two newspaper outlets? Back in the late 1970's or early 80's I thought Columbia or South Carolina residents could subscribe or purchase The State (morning time edition) and another newspaper I am guessing the name which I think it was called the Columbia Rekord (afternoon edition). Is this accurate?

Been without the snake 17 years !!!
Did Columbia ever have two newspaper outlets? Back in the late 1970's or early 80's I thought Columbia or South Carolina residents could subscribe or purchase The State (morning time edition) and another newspaper I am guessing the name which I think it was called the Columbia Rekord (afternoon edition). Is this accurate?

Yes. Record

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT