ADVERTISEMENT

Has a former Gamecock ever been on a Super Bowl winning team?

robertfootball

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2006
SC
I'm trying to think of some but drawing blanks. Figured I'd ask those who were better at USC trivia than me.

Bobby Richardson played with the Vikings in a Super Bowl or two but didn't win one.

Bobby Bryant?
Thanks. Thats who i meant. He went to my church as a kid in Irmo (Cornerstone Pres) and showed us video clips of him playing in the Super Bowl when we had a function. Think he had a pick. Very humble guy though.

Reactions: cockofdawn
If Sterling Sharpe's career had not ended with an injury in 1994, he would have won one in 1996 with the Packers. It is my understanding that Shannon gave him one of his rings in recognition for the positive influence Sterling had on him.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
If Sterling Sharpe's career had not ended with an injury in 1994, he would have won one in 1996 with the Packers. It is my understanding that Shannon gave him one of his rings in recognition for the positive influence Sterling had on him.
No doubt. Favre would have made him a Hall of Famer. Guess who was the last person to hit him? Brad Edwards with the Falcons

Actually he was a key player the entire season, but nagging injuries got Timmy Smith the start in the Super Bowl and he ran for 200 plus yards. Smith was a one hit wonder. George carried that team during the season.

The version I heard was that George staying up all night before the Super Bowl is what got Timmy Smith the start. George had 5 carries for 17 yeards in the game. That was basically the end of George’s career. Couldn’t get a job on any team the next year despite having “carried the team” to the Super Bowl.

I love him, but he HAD his problems

Max Runager, 1984 season won with 49ers, SB 19, and lost SB 15 with eagles, punter who passed away recently

595d6bb7df2ef.image.jpg

The version I heard was that George staying up all night before the Super Bowl is what got Timmy Smith the start. George had 5 carries for 17 yeards in the game. That was basically the end of George’s career. Couldn’t get a job on any team the next year despite having “carried the team” to the Super Bowl.

I love him, but he HAD his problems

Wow. Been a Skins fan since 1970 (end of the Sonny Jurgenson era) and have never heard that. Not as many sources for info back then. Going off memory the media kept saying George was banged up and Gibbs may start Smith. I remember thinking Uh oh there goes our chance of winning not only because George was hurt but he was using back up Doug Williams at QB. Who was to know that Williams and Smith would have career best nights that evening. Made Gibbs look like a genius. He called off the Dogs early that night. He could have put 70 on Elway and co. HTTR!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT