ADVERTISEMENT

Have to admit UGA looks dang good

statelinecock

Oct 2, 2010
Looks Like Kirby can coach. I've watched UGA a little this year and they've looked really solid across the board. Thier definitely the class of the east which isn't saying much. They have a chance to get a solid lead on this division for years to come.

Looks Like Kirby can coach. I've watched UGA a little this year and they've looked really solid across the board. Thier definitely the class of the east which isn't saying much. They have a chance to get a solid lead on this division for years to come.

I'm afraid you are right. And it's the "for years to come" part that is so annoying.

Reactions: Judson1
They are recruiting at the highest level. Have they got a slush-fund church down there also?
Really? Is everyone really that worried about what they do. When we have proof something is going on then we can trash the hell out of them. Let’s focus on our players and games

I'll wait and see how they do against Auburn, the only good team they will play until they back their way into the SEC title game. So far not too impressed with their sh#% schedule

Reactions: griffgolf
Georgia is the best team in the East but I'm. It ready to co sign on Kirby being able to coach.

I thought he was ultra conservative at Notre Dame and it almost got him beat when he has the better team.

Of course when you're beating people by 40 people tend to think you can coach. I'll decide that when he gets in a few close ones. Last year in general if you got Georgia in a close game they lost it

I agree on their variety of running plays...i like that too. Kirby does seems to be doing a good job. Their D seems more hungry than I've ever seen them under Right - they never really had much attitude under him but that D has an attitude.
I felt like finally having the speed sweep as a threat opened up our run game this past Sat...now the next team we play will key on that some so I hope we have a creative wrinkle there or something to counter it with. Something so simple though...im glad we made that adjustment.
Need to get Shi the ball some on those speed sweeps too.
I think we can challenge UGA...not sure we can beat them, but you never know. We always play them tight and the close games sometimes go our way with them.

When you have 4 horses to run the ball and an o-line that can protect...that equals wins and success. UGA has those. They are for real.

Reactions: NetworkX
What i like about Georgia's offense is the variety of ways they run the ball. I wish we would copy that.
Not only the variety of ways run it, but the guys they have running it. That has a lot to do with it.

Hopefully we'll find at least one that can tote the rock the way Chubb and Michel do, and soon!

South Carolina is on our schedule so what exactly are you saying?

Georgia will put 40 or 50 up on the scoreboard against the Gamecocks. I will just take a wait and see approach until they meet up with Auburn, who is looking alot like the team that won the SEC a few years ago.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I don't know how Georgia is going to finish, but they should be ranked ahead of Penn State right now.

Reactions: DawgedOut
Georgia will almost certainly win the East. But I’ll be interested to see Georgia vs Auburn and then Georgia vs Alabama

This. I've been watching college football for a long, long time. There are a few 'givens' going into every season.
1) Notre Dame could have a record of 0 - 136 and they'd still be ranked in the top 25, as mentioned previously.
2) There are teams that just cannot win without cheating. > Clemson. Bama. USC West.
3) UGA is always, always a 'pretty good' team. However, they are never elite and never will be.
4) There are absolutely delusional fan bases who think they should be #1 every year. (Notre Dame is king, followed by Texas, USC west, Clemson, and UGA) Numbers are 2 through 5 are interchangeable.

Final thoughts: UGA is tough. They always are. But they're not elite, and that's a fact.

This. I've been watching college football for a long, long time. There are a few 'givens' going into every season.
1) Notre Dame could have a record of 0 - 136 and they'd still be ranked in the top 25, as mentioned previously.
2) There are teams that just cannot win without cheating. > Clemson. Bama. USC West.
3) UGA is always, always a 'pretty good' team. However, they are never elite and never will be.
4) There are absolutely delusional fan bases who think they should be #1 every year. (Notre Dame is king, followed by Texas, USC west, Clemson, and UGA) Numbers are 2 through 5 are interchangeable.

Final thoughts: UGA is tough. They always are. But they're not elite, and that's a fact.

I am curious..what makes any team "elite"? This isnt about UGA...just wondering how a team gets there.

I am curious..what makes any team "elite"? This isnt about UGA...just wondering how a team gets there.

Easy. Championships. National. Not some po - dunk league championship. And being able to win them with some consistency. UGA doesn't fit that bill. Never has. Never will. Next ?

I guess if thier not elite only 2 teams qaulify for that and that's Bama and Clemsux. Heck last year by using your standard Bama and Clemsux were only elite teams. Guess those are the only 2 elite programs left.

I guess if thier not elite only 2 teams qaulify for that and that's Bama and Clemsux. Heck last year by using your standard Bama and Clemsux were only elite teams. Guess those are the only 2 elite programs left.

What? There's plenty of elite teams out there, but UGA historically has never been one, and never will be one. It is what it is.....don't hate the history books.

Reactions: WorldTraveler
Georgia has won 9 of the last 12 from Auburn. Take away the hail mary in 2013 and it's 10 of 12.
Dawgs are in Auburn's head no doubt.
We're allowed to do that? Take away 5 of your touchdowns 2 years ago and the Gamecocks beat Georgia. Lol you couldn't even beat beat a 4-8 USC team.

Bad as I hate to admit it I agree. They have an excellent d with a lot of depth. OL play has improved and a stable of top flight backs behind it. OL has given a true frosh the protection he needs.

Notre Dame's only loss of the year was by 1 point to UGA, they beat Michigan State 38-18 on the road, and more often than not, they sign a top ten recruiting class. Winning in South Bend, with a true freshman QB in his first start, was a quality win. Also, it's not like UGA has been squeaking by their other opponents. They are blowing them out. 41-0 in Knoxville. Let's see how many other teams do that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT