ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing we may have landed 4 star QB Tanner Bailey.

The problem is you're getting a one year shot with a 5 star QB. If he's not the right guy, you're going to completely waste that year then start back over with an unproven QB situation.

If an "unproven QB situation" isn't an excuse for this year and Satterfield deserves to be fired like many of you claim, why are you worried about an "unproven QB situation" with your "proven" OC of choice if we have to get one after next year?

That OC would still be in a MUCH better situation than what Satterfield walked into this year.

If an "unproven QB situation" isn't an excuse for this year and Satterfield deserves to be fired like many of you claim, why are you worried about an "unproven QB situation" with your "proven" OC of choice if we have to get one after next year?

My impression of his post is that he'd like to see the "proven" OC get that shot at coaching rattler.

Reactions: uscwatson21
My impression of his post is that he'd like to see the "proven" OC get that shot at coaching rattler.

Obviously, Coach Beamer feels he has that. And he is proven enough to highly rated players to transfer here and sign here out of HS to play in his offense.

So, does Watson think he knows more about "proven" than Beamer and all the folks involved in these highly rated kids coming here to play in this offense?

Obviously, Coach Beamer feels he has that. And he is proven enough to highly rated players to transfer here and sign here out of HS to play in his offense.

So, does Watson think he knows more about "proven" than Beamer and all the folks involved in these highly rated kids coming here to play in this offense?

I'll let Watson answer the question you directed at him.

If I were to answer, I'd say it would be better to have a new OC get the chance to run the offense with Rattler, rather than an OC who has underwhelmed at multiple stops.

I'll let Watson answer the question you directed at him.

If I were to answer, I'd say it would be better to have a new OC get the chance to run the offense with Rattler, rather than an OC who has underwhelmed at multiple stops.

Beamer doesn't consider him underwhelming. Do you know better than Beamer?

You think he would keep him here if he thought that?

I've read quite a few things on here about the circumstances of his hiring, and reasons why he may give him another chance.

But its good to see his current position is what you're basing your comment on and not direct communication with Beamer.

Reactions: Lakecock1
I've read quite a few things on here about the circumstances of his hiring, and reasons why he may give him another chance.

But its good to see his current position is what you're basing your comment on and not direct communication with Beamer.

Rumors and opinions from "sources" on here mean nothing.

What has Beamer said that would make anybody feel like he doesn't have complete confidence in Satterfield?

Rumors and opinions from "sources" on here mean nothing.

What has Beamer said that would make anybody feel like he doesn't have complete confidence in Satterfield?

Publicly, beamer will say nothing negative like that right up until the day he lets him go. I would call it "coachspeak", and say it's as worth about as much as rumors and opinions from "sources".

Are we getting back to Satterfield soon, or are you not done trying to turn this into an anti Beamer thread?

That would be curious; having two highly rated QBs transfer in to one place - here. If - *IF* - true, what does that mean for Doty, Gauthier, and B. Davis? I mean depth is nice, but I don’t see us keeping 5 scholarship QBs.
Agree. 4 QBs maybe, 5 NOPE

It's not a stretch at all if you consider rattler to be a one year player.

Throw in a possible position change for Doty, or even trying to upgrade from Gauthier and I don't think it's too much of a stretch.

Publicly, beamer will say nothing negative like that right up until the day he lets him go. I would call it "coachspeak", and say it's as worth about as much as rumors and opinions from "sources".

Are we getting back to Satterfield soon, or are you not done trying to turn this into an anti Beamer thread?

It would only be anti-Beamer if you or the others turn it that way. Nothing I suggested is, in any way, anti-Beamer. In fact, quite the opposite. Beamer has been nothing but positive about Satterfield and has, in no way, even given a smidgen of a hint that he isn't happy. And I think he knows and understands a lot more about the situation that anybody here.

Reactions: WingchunCock

Normally, I agree, but next year might be a different situation. Maybe. Not saying it as a definite, but a possibility. With Rattler most likely being a one and done most, I could see 4 hanging around and trying to get the keys to the offense following him. After that, yeah, somebody, maybe even a couple, will either leave or move to another position. For sure.

It would only be anti-Beamer if you or the others turn it that way. Nothing I suggested is, in any way, anti-Beamer. In fact, quite the opposite. Beamer has been nothing but positive about Satterfield and has, in no way, even given a smidgen of a hint that he isn't happy. And I think he knows and understands a lot more about the situation that anybody here.

You misunderstand. I suggested that you are trying to shift the topic from Satterfield to beamers support of Satterfield, so that you can label anyone who questions satterfield as being anti Beamer. Then you can flood the thread with the gorilla pics that you have that unhealthy fixation on.

And I addressed the public support of Satterfield already. He will publicly support him right up until the press conference where he replaces him.

This is obvious but some will completely ignore the truth.

Which truth?

The truth that this staff inherited a mess, especially on the offensive side of the ball?
The truth that top players DO want to come here to play in Satterfield's offense?

Even the best OCs can have a bad year if they don't have the talent to work with. Everyone though Joe Brady was the next OC Jesus, and look where he is now. Beamer knows the real truth considering the train wreck he and his staff inherited, and will likely stand by Satterfield, especially in the season where expectations as a whole were greatly exceeded. And especially when you see top recruits and transfers knocking down the door.

Reactions: Macc Maine
Which truth?

The truth that this staff inherited a mess, especially on the offensive side of the ball?
The truth that top players DO want to come here to play in Satterfield's offense?

Even the best OCs can have a bad year if they don't have the talent to work with. Everyone though Joe Brady was the next OC Jesus, and look where he is now. Beamer knows the real truth considering the train wreck he and his staff inherited, and will likely stand by Satterfield, especially in the season where expectations as a whole were greatly exceeded. And especially when you see top recruits and transfers knocking down the door.
Who are all these top recruits knocking down the door? How many of the local top guys committed, how many four star receivers and RBs signed?

Which truth?

Which truth? The one he quoted:

"And I addressed the public support of Satterfield already. He will publicly support him right up until the press conference where he replaces him."

It was right there in the post.

That OC would still be in a MUCH better situation than what Satterfield walked into this year.
Because I would hate to waste a opportunity to build real momentum if Rattler can play up to his potential.

Yep. From earlier this year.

"When asked if there would be any staff changes this offseason, Beamer shrugged off the question, but did say he would speak with school administrators after the season was over, to determine what’s next there.
“We just walked off the field,” Beamer said. “We’ll evaluate the football team after the season. … We had a bad night. Like we do at the end of every season, I will sit down with coach (Ray) Tanner and Chance Miller and look at what the best thing for our program is going forward.”

Because I would hate to waste a opportunity to build real momentum if Rattler can play up to his potential.

I’m with you. Would rather get a new OC who can get started with Rattler and then develop the young guys for a year in the new system. Instead we could possibly waste Rattler and have a new OC trying to install a new system with QBs who have limited experience. Obviously, if Satt stays we will hope he figures out how to have a good O but his history doesn’t have me being optimistic.

1) Our O was better situation than our D yet one regressed and the other progressed significantly. We also got fewer O commits in 2022 class because of the bad O.

2) Getting a QB from HC old school to join his friend at a new school isn’t a sign of OC getting recruits. Also, if I remember correctly, Bailey was ready to commit to USC back before he went on Oregon visit. He flipped because the OC and HC both left Oregon so flipped to his second choice. Are you going to ignore we lost top in state WR because he didn’t want to play in this offense?

As to the “truth” how is it so hard for someone to realize or admit a coach won’t call out their assistant coach until they’re fire. And even then they’ll just announce they are going in a different direction and leave it at that.

Reactions: Dizzy01
We will find out next season.

The difference between us is that I’ll gladly trade being wrong to be a better program.

Not true. The difference between me and you is that I have said that I will gladly support Beamer decision either way. If he can upgrade, I'd be all for it. But if he feels that Satterfield didn't get a fair shot considering all the issues at QB, I can see his position on that, and I'll support that too.

You, on the other hand, have made up your mind and think you know better than him.

1) Our O was better situation than our D yet one regressed and the other progressed significantly. We also got fewer O commits in 2022 class because of the bad O.

2) Getting a QB from HC old school to join his friend at a new school isn’t a sign of OC getting recruits. Also, if I remember correctly, Bailey was ready to commit to USC back before he went on Oregon visit. He flipped because the OC and HC both left Oregon so flipped to his second choice. Are you going to ignore we lost top in state WR because he didn’t want to play in this offense?

As to the “truth” how is it so hard for someone to realize or admit a coach won’t call out their assistant coach until they’re fire. And even then they’ll just announce they are going in a different direction and leave it at that.

You just live in an alternate reality. We've been over this already.

The O was a complete train wreck at the start of the season. BY FAR the worst situation in the SEC, and most P5 football. How you don't see that is mindblowing.

Bailey publicly stated he came here to play in Satterfield's offense. And Rattler's personal coach stated the same for him. Of course, anybody with a brain knows that offense would be a huge factor. Ridiculous to think that his friend or his friend's Dad were the biggest factor. I may have been A factor, but no kid is going to risk is NFL future so he can hang out with his friend. And what receiver stated that he wouldn't play for Satterfield's offense? Quote me up on that.

Like I said, an alternate reality.

Not true. The difference between me and you is that I have said that I will gladly support Beamer decision either way. If he can upgrade, I'd be all for it. But if he feels that Satterfield didn't get a fair shot considering all the issues at QB, I can see his position on that, and I'll support that too.

You, on the other hand, have made up your mind and think you know better than him.

This is the problem. You don’t care if you’re wrong.

There is no guarantee of "real momentum" with an OC we could get instead of Satterfield. In fact, it's more risky to bring in an OC that isn't the guy that kids came here to play for.

No, it's you that doesn't care, as long as Satterfield is gone.

You were already make excuses for the new OC in two years and giving him more leeway despite the facts that even if Satterfield doesn't work out with Rattler, the new OC would still be in a far better situation that what Satterfield inherited.

You've got an agenda, and you don't care if you are wrong, because you will be able to say that at least it wasn't Satterfield.

The O was a complete train wreck at the start of the season. BY FAR the worst situation in the SEC, and most P5 football. How you don't see that is mindblowing.

Bailey publicly stated he came here to play in Satterfield's offense. And Rattler's personal coach stated the same for him. Of course, anybody with a brain knows that offense would be a huge factor. Ridiculous to think that his friend or his friend's Dad were the biggest factor. I may have been A factor, but no kid is going to risk is NFL future so he can hang out with his friend. And what receiver stated that he wouldn't play for Satterfield's offense? Quote me up on that.

Our O was awful all year and was inconsistent that’s not the previous staffs fault but this year’s.

No, it's you that doesn't care, as long as Satterfield is gone.

You were already make excuses for the new OC in two years and giving him more leeway despite the facts that even if Satterfield doesn't work out with Rattler, the new OC would still be in a far better situation that what Satterfield inherited.

You've got an agenda, and you don't care if you are wrong, because you will be able to say that at least it wasn't Satterfield.

Your entire argument much like @WingchunCock just relies on making things up to argue against.

You keep posting this like Carolina was the only team in the SEC starting either a new transfer QB or a 3 star recruit at QB.

The O was a complete train wreck all season long because the OC was either unwilling or unable to adapt. Mix that into the decisions to not play guys that were producing and you end up 116 in offense.

Our O was awful all year and was inconsistent that’s not the previous staffs fault but this year’s.

not sure if you saw some of that guys other posts, but in another thread he argued Bobo had an unfair advantage because he had Collin Hill last year…

• Haha
Reactions: Lurker123

I think it's obvious she doesn't care. She's already laying the groundwork for backtracking once Satterfield is gone.

In reality, any coach with the gamecock emblem will be unquestionably the greatest coach in the world, right up until they are gone, then they are the reasons that the team wasn't winning and the next guy is really the greatest coach in the world.

It's probably why she had to change screen names with the new coaching staff.

not sure if you saw some of that guys other posts, but in another thread he argued Bobo had an unfair advantage because he had Collin Hill last year…

He brought his own QB that had been in his system for several years, and that is who he CHOSE to play. And he had a healthy Doty. And he had a 4 star Hilinski sitting on the bench if he needed him.

Satterfield's had NONE of that. He had a hurt Doty, a FCS QB that never expected to play again and was a GA, and another FCS QB that nobody else wanted.

The situations aren't even comparable.

You keep posting this like Carolina was the only team in the SEC starting either a new transfer QB or a 3 star recruit at QB.

The O was a complete train wreck all season long because the OC was either unwilling or unable to adapt. Mix that into the decisions to not play guys that were producing and you end up 116 in offense.

Zeb Noland didn't even know he was going to be playing until 3 weeks before the season. And he was 2 star out of high school with a list that include no other SEC schools. And he ended up in FCS.

Bobo had much better options with Hill, a healthy Doty, and Hilinski.

I seriously hope it's intentional, because you just did it again.

I hear you say that Watson always changes the subject. But if this thread is an example, I'm pretty sure it's you who simply can't follow along with simple conversations.
Please elaborate on what you claim here. I am seriously drawing blanks as to what you are insinuating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT