ADVERTISEMENT

Here is a good website with stats on nCoV2019.live Data (current)

California and Washington State were the first two before New York was hit... Then you have New Jersey, Louisiana, Ohio and now Michigan.

https://ncov2019.live/#usa

In SC.

1293 cases.
26 deaths.
5.15 MILLION population.

Everyone do the math on impact statewide. 0.0000___

Then multiply cases by 10 to account for the fact that the case number will never be accurate, because of testing, symptomless infection, etc. Then inflate deaths accordingly if you like. It’s still far less than one percent of the SC population impacted.

And for this we lock down liberty, weaken our country, disrupt peoples’ lives and destroy businesses. The actions government has taken will get more extreme. And they aren’t going away anytime soon. There’s no moral courage.

People get sick. People die. Everyday. Always have. They die of any number of things, including accidents while in the home.

Saving any one of us individually isn’t really that important. I don’t think the greater good means ruining everything for everyone in a silly attempt to circumvent life and death. Try, sure. Do what you can on vaccines and treatments. But do so within context and with some perspective and reason.

Last edited:
In SC.

1293 cases.
26 deaths.
5.15 MILLION population.

Then multiply cases by 10 to account for the fact that the case number will never be accurate, because of testing, symptomless infection, etc. Then inflate deaths accordingly if you like. It’s still far less than one percent of the SC population impacted.

And for this we lock down liberty, weaken our country, disrupt peoples’ lives and destroy businesses. The actions government has taken will get more extreme. And they aren’t going away anytime soon. There’s no moral courage.

People get sick. People die. Everyday. Always have. They die of any number of things, including accidents while in the home.

Saving any one of us individually isn’t really that important. I don’t think the greater good means ruining everything for everyone in a silly attempt to circumvent life and death. Try, sure. Do what you can on vaccines and treatments. But do so within context and with some perspective and reason.

You are a sad excuse for a person. Unbelievable!

Reactions: Gamekem and ddw1263
I’m leaning more towards SC is behind on reporting it’s cases. After all we are close to last in education rankings and our court systems are just as bad if not worse Why would we think we are capable of processing test and reporting them correctly. It is said that only 60 % of the test results nationally are being reported.

hope I’m wrong about the testing but I’m not letting my guard down.

I’m leaning more towards SC is behind on reporting it’s cases. After all we are close to last in education rankings and our court systems are just as bad if not worse Why would we think we are capable of processing test and reporting them correctly. It is said that only 60 % of the test results nationally are being reported.

We do have DHEC counting all the victims...

We have an ER nurse in our neighborhood who posted on a closed social media page. She said that SC is way behind on testing and that they are really only testing people who are showing more severe symptoms. Those who are showing mild to minimal symptoms are simply being sent home and told to isolate themselves. I suspect over the next few weeks we will start seeing reports that there are large numbers of people that are contracting the virus but showing no symptoms. I saw one early today noting how places in Italy and Iceland where large portions of the population where tested, were positive but showed no symptoms. It still doesn’t change the fact that the healthcare system is being stressed to capacity in hot spots but it does offer hope that heard immunity might be achieved before a vaccine is made (1-2 yrs away)

Reactions: uscg1984
In SC.

1293 cases.
26 deaths.
5.15 MILLION population.

I hope you are in Lexington, Ky or NC and not Lex SC...

We have an ER nurse in our neighborhood who posted on a closed social media page. She said that SC is way behind on testing and that they are really only testing people who are showing more severe symptoms. Those who are showing mild to minimal symptoms are simply being sent home and told to isolate themselves. I suspect over the next few weeks we will start seeing reports that there are large numbers of people that are contracting the virus but showing no symptoms. I saw one early today noting how places in Italy and Iceland where large portions of the population where tested, were positive but showed no symptoms. It still doesn’t change the fact that the healthcare system is being stressed to capacity in hot spots but it does offer hope that heard immunity might be achieved before a vaccine is made (1-2 yrs away)
I appreciate any statements or news that offer hope.

I'm sure your nurse neighbor is correct about a lot of folks out there who have it but don't even know it. But I suspect that is true everywhere. Heck, I could have it right now and not even know it. If I never feel sick, why would I ever go and get tested? Hence the need to adhere to the social distancing recommendations.

I'll give you another thought that might bring hope (it gives me some). Right now, the positive testing rate in SC is about 10%. While we would love to see a lot more testing, we can at least take some comfort in the fact that 90% of South Carolinians who have symptoms that warrant testing DON'T have the virus.

I appreciate any statements or news that offer hope.

I'm sure your nurse neighbor is correct about a lot of folks out there who have it but don't even know it. But I suspect that is true everywhere. Heck, I could have it right now and not even know it. If I never feel sick, why would I ever go and get tested? Hence the need to adhere to the social distancing recommendations.

I'll give you another thought that might bring hope (it gives me some). Right now, the positive testing rate in SC is about 10%. While we would love to see a lot more testing, we can at least take some comfort in the fact that 90% of South Carolinians who have symptoms that warrant testing DON'T have the virus.
It's pretty constant here at 10% positive of those tested in VA too. We had a 20% day Thursday, but the trend has been fairly constant otherwise. Makes me wonder if the other 90% who are serious enough to be tested have something more contagious (and less ominous) like the flu.

They're also testing those who have had direct contact with those who have tested positive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT