ADVERTISEMENT

Here's a novel idea !

pops#

Oct 28, 1998
How about lets quit griping and bashing the staff, program , hires, players and all the other things we have no control over. Not a "sunshine pumper" , but all the negativity can not possibly do any good.
We may just be pleasantly surprised how things turn out.

How about lets quit griping and bashing the staff, program , hires, players and all the other things we have no control over. Not a "sunshine pumper" , but all the negativity can not possibly do any good.
I'm with you. Heck, I'm tired of griping myself. I'm already finding myself looking ahead to some hopefully better times next football season - we have change coming. Negativity isn't good for you anyway.

Reactions: Brutal Rooster
If you were the passenger in a car about to go over a cliff, are you just going to sit back and tell the driver how much you like their driving? Even if it were your son driving and you loved him to death, it never hurts to point out that he’s heading over the ledge. The more you love something the worse it hurts to watch it go down in flames. Sitting back and saying nothing doesn’t help the situation. Take Clemson for example, it was the fans displeasure in Bowden that got him fired. That’s usually the way it goes in college sports.

Reactions: howard13
If you were the passenger in a car about to go over a cliff, are you just going to sit back and tell the driver how much you like their driving? Even if it were your son driving and you loved him to death, it never hurts to point out that he’s heading over the ledge. The more you love something the worse it hurts to watch it go down in flames. Sitting back and saying nothing doesn’t help the situation. Take Clemson for example, it was the fans displeasure in Bowden that got him fired. That’s usually the way it goes in college sports.
No sir, but if I was dead sure the car was going over the cliff, I would probably jump out. I'm pretty sure what got Bowden fired was several high roller donors threatening to pull their money. Not the average fan sitting in the stands.

I don't disagree with your premise at all. At this point though, the lot for the next 12mos is cast, and, for me, it's time to move forward, reserving judgement for next season on its own merits (or lack thereof ;-) ).

Reactions: DocSmith89
Sorry bro, I want change and I refuse to play apologetics for this dumpster fire.

No sir, but if I was dead sure the car was going over the cliff, I would probably jump out. I'm pretty sure what got Bowden fired was several high roller donors threatening to pull their money. Not the average fan sitting in the stands.
The chants of “fire tommy” against Wake didn’t hurt.

Bunch of win starved people caved to Baseball Boy because he brought in 2 trophies.....should have hired a real AD and told him to take his bat and leave

Reactions: A_F_Deerhunter
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT