ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Champ and Tanner

They, like 99% of the programs in America, can’t do it. Clemson hit a home run with a Dabo. Out of nowhere. If it’s possible to know a guy is a can’t muss candidate, or there is some facility, or anything else that could happen...I guarantee you someone else knows and would have it too.

It is what it is. We are who we are. I don’t think it’ll ever change. Football sucks...

They, like 99% of the programs in America, can’t do it. Clemson hit a home run with a Dabo. Out of nowhere. If it’s possible to know a guy is a can’t muss candidate, or there is some facility, or anything else that could happen...I guarantee you someone else knows and would have it too.

It is what it is. We are who we are. I don’t think it’ll ever change. Football sucks...

Dabo is a good manager of coaches... And it's working for them...

Starts with Clemson’s board. It’s small group of mostly business leaders of companies who know what it takes to run a business Not retired attorneys. And they are all in for football

Starts with Clemson’s board. It’s small group of mostly business leaders of companies who know what it takes to run a business Not retired attorneys. And they are all in for football

Maybe. I’m sure that can’t hurt. That out of Tanner and Muschamp’s hands though.

Saban is 67. Dabo is 50. Clemson will own college football for the next 20 years

It’ll be Clemson, Georgia, and Oklahoma. Dabo, Kirby, and Riley. I’d say Clemson and Oklahoma are the most consistent with Clemson being the dominant power.

Bama will still be around a few more years. They’ll slowly fade once Saban leaves. But the next guy will still have a ton of talent left to coach.

They know that the better Clemson does the better their business does. What a concept.

Reactions: jonesz21
They know that the better Clemson does the better their business does. What a concept.

So you're saying we shouldn't give extensions for 7-5 seasons and getting blown out in bowl game?!?! Sir I believe your business will fall if you don't do those things... That's like saying a 24hr sports channel will be successful (In the voice of Ron Burgundy)

Saban is 67. Dabo is 50. Clemson will own college football for the next 20 years

Maybe not. Actually think that by Dabo winning his second at Clemson, that makes it more likely that he very well may take over at Bama when Saban retires. Not sure when that will be though. Got to figure Saban wants at least one more to get the seven that separates him from.the Bear

As I previously noted, Dabo started building this right under Spurrier's nose. While Spurrier was resting on the laurels of those 11-win seasons and 5 in a row, Dabo and his staff was out recruiting the players that got them to their first two CFPs and one National Championship. Spurrier and his staff were enjoying "family time."

As I previously noted, Dabo started building this right under Spurrier's nose. While Spurrier was resting on the laurels of those 11-win seasons and 5 in a row, Dabo and his staff was out recruiting the players that got them to their first two CFPs and one National Championship. Spurrier and his staff were enjoying "family time."

And we still have the country club mentality with our baseball coach AD...

They got the right man and they are perfectly positioned. It's an incredible synergy.

Doubtful....he seems to give them whatever they need. Spurrier and crew simply didn't ask for much in the form of a recruiting budget.

Rogue I'll agree we are giving them whatever they need... I'm speaking out a pure frustration but giving freaking raises for 7-5 years is laughable... Accepting mediocrity in all men's revenue sports is pathetic. Baseball might be coming back around, early in the process, but dang how football and basketball have fallen under Tanner's watch

Rogue I'll agree we are giving them whatever they need... I'm speaking out a pure frustration but giving freaking raises for 7-5 years is laughable... Accepting mediocrity in all men's revenue sports is pathetic. Baseball might be coming back around, early in the process, but dang how football and basketball have fallen under Tanner's watch
Basketball fell under Horn and hasn't appreciably improved under Martin. Football fell under Spurrier when he and his staff kicked back and rested on their laurels.

Reactions: Garnetskies
Maybe not. Actually think that by Dabo winning his second at Clemson, that makes it more likely that he very well may take over at Bama when Saban retires. Not sure when that will be though. Got to figure Saban wants at least one more to get the seven that separates him from.the Bear
LOL. Why would Dabo leave for an inferior program. Clemson is now the standard for college football

Basketball fell under Horn and hasn't appreciably improved under Martin. Football fell under Spurrier when he and his staff kicked back and rested on their laurels.

But again after a Final Four Run we have nothing to show for it except a pretty banner and a story to tell my grandkids one day... Same is going to go for football it looks like for the time being

But again after a Final Four Run we have nothing to show for it except a pretty banner and a story to tell my grandkids one day... Same is going to go for football it looks like for the time being
Agree on basketball....but when exactly did you want Tanner to fire Martin after that final four run? The following year?

You can complain all you want, but football IMO is headed in the right direction.

Reactions: Garnetskies
LOL. Why would Dabo leave for an inferior program. Clemson is now the standard for college football

Yes, because we have no leadership that wants to take a chance at losing the Palmetto Bowl or the Forbes top 20 position. Chickens all, its the Garnet way!

Agree on basketball....but when exactly did you want Tanner to fire Martin after that final four run? The following year?

You can complain all you want, but football IMO is headed in the right direction.

What direction do you see the program going in regarding football? What would be successful? I'd be happy with 9-3 10-2 seasons, contending for the east/and going to Atlanta and winning a SEC championship, but we are currently 3tds worse than Georgia and Clemson. Tennessee, Florida are going back to where they were it appears, we have lost to KENTUCKY five years in a row. And finally, we play TAM every year, and still haven't beaten them. And all the teams mentioned are recruiting better than we are or developing their guys better or both

What direction do you see the program going in regarding football? What would be successful? I'd be happy with 9-3 10-2 seasons, contending for the east/and going to Atlanta and winning a SEC championship, but we are currently 3tds worse than Georgia and Clemson. Tennessee, Florida are going back to where they were it appears, we have lost to KENTUCKY five years in a row. And finally, we play TAM every year, and still haven't beaten them. And all the teams mentioned are recruiting better than we are or developing their guys better or both
I expect 8-10 wins seasons...and an occasional 11 win season, but have long realized it was going to take a little while to get there. Georgia, Florida, and TAMU are almost always going to out recruit us simply based on the state they are in. Tennessee has also always outrecruited us (and Clemson for that matter until last year) and if you don't believe Muschamp can get it done, I don't know why you think Pruitt can....he has had problems attracting coaches to coach for him. Clemson is just a recruiting machine right now, but if we improve it doesn't mean we can't beat them. I'll reserve my opinion on UK until next year and if they are successful next year, can they hang on to Stoops.

Reactions: Cocky4SC
So I guess the overreaction is in hyperdrive and Bama is done now.LMAO.They got their ass kicked yes but its one game.Bama loses not much at all.Clemson loses their entire starting Dline but will still be good because of recruiting and has their weapons back on offense including their all galaxy qb.Yes he is great but so is Tua.He had an off night damn no one is perfect.I understand Clemson will probably be in the playoff the.next 2 years to.make it 6 straight but one game doesnt change everything.

Like you guys would have any idea what makes a dynasty. How’s it feel on the outside looking in?

Let us handle our own fans who don't understand what y'all have built. Go enjoy your championship(s). The mindset of many has to change here if we want to get back to being competitive against y'all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT