ADVERTISEMENT

Hey I hear the favorite son of some on here that Greg Marshall is available!

Strong No to Marshall. Let him repair his image elsewhere. I believe this article brings awareness to the environment we face today and challengers we are going to see in recruiting (not that I neccessarily agree with the whole premise) And to be frank, highlights an aspect of Martins own coaching style I don’t care for. There is a line between being hard on players and publicly humiliating them. I hope for one after Martin is done here, whenever that is, we don’t hire a mirror image of his style.

• Sad
Reactions: LakewoodCock
Yeah...because those are the only two options...a violent psycho racist and a loser.

No there’s the Bill Foster, George Felton, Steve Newton, Dave Odom or Eddie Fogler options which pretty much connect usc basketball history back to Frank McGuire. It’s not as easy a gig as one might think. I’ve taken you back to 1983....which one of those sounds like an upgrade?

Reactions: LakewoodCock
I hope they dont give the interim coach at WS and he becomes available. He is actually a better floor coach than Marshall and deserves a good chance. However, if he keeps winning, that thought goes out the window. We need a coach that can do two main things. Recruit good players, keep them to develop and make then really good or great, and use the players you have and make it a sum of the parts, not just a few good players and the rest. We need to treat our BB program like a small mid major and recruit to age. The older a team, most times the better. That with a really good star once in a while would do wonders. Essentially what Mark Few has done at Gonzaga. JMO

If take Marshall in a great beat. Great coach who wants to be here. Seems stupid we wouldn’t go after him.
I dont disagree he is a really good coach. But even good coaches need to pay a price for their foul ups. He will get picked up at a smaller college, hopefully make a winner out of them, but getting canned from a top 10 job in such a manner is at best disturbing. He will need to pay before he is allowed to moveon. Carolina has sucked so long, we could probably wait and things wont have changed much unless the state politically as a whole is eliminated from BOT influence and control.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT