ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Ray, I have great season tickets but haven't been to a game yet...WHY?

Then you sure was not reading this message board. 2009 and 2010 after losing the series to clemsux and especially the 19-6 drubbing at home had just as many calling for Ray to be fired as there is now.

People have selective memory now with Ray Tanner. They only remember 2010 CWS and 2011 CWS wins. They don't remember the struggles that the Gamecocks went thru to get there. They don't remember the Super Regional loss to ULL and not even hosting a regional in his brand new ballpark in 2009, or losing twice to his alma mater in the Raleigh regional.
But this board was every bit as negative to Ray as they are now with Holbrook.
Those fans complaining were ignorant-Ray had proven he could get us to Omaha and the title game. Fans upset with Holbrook have reason for concern. Chad hasn't gotten us to Omaha. This year is more proof of underachieving. Even Chad admitted last night in the postgame presser, there is reason for concern with the team losing close games. Like I said before, apples and oranges between fans upset with Ray in 2010 and now upset with Chad.

Don't know why fans can't wait til the season is over to see where the team finishes before they jump ship. Yes, it's been a bad couple of weeks, but be real. A college baseball coach whose team is one game out of first place in the SEC and is coming off a year that he brought the team to the SUPER REGIONAL is not going to get fired. Go to the game, suppor the players (if you're not going to support the coach), and enjoy a day at the ball park.

I remember Ray telling a story of how earlier in his career he kept losing in the Supers and they were down vs. Miami and he said he was even wondering if he could win the big one and get to the CWS. He finally did.

There is a certain segment of the fan base who have dug in their heels and would rather see the team lose just so they could say they were "right." (Note: your self worth is not determined by what 20 year old boys due on the baseball field). So tired of the whole "he was give the keys to a Ferrari" argument. All those kids graduated. He has brought in good talent, they just need one of those leaders, who isn't the best player on the team, to take charge... a Morales or Wingo. IMO, that's what this team is missing.

I'll be at all 3 games with my kids this weekend enjoying good weather, ice cream in a little batting helmet, and hopefully somes USC wins! Go Gamecocks!
Just for the record, I don't think fans are jumping ship......more like wanting Holbrook to walk the plank.....js

You do realize that once they have your money for season tickets and seat fees, not going doesn't hurt them as bad as you'd like to believe.

So it doesn't matter if anyone attends games or not. Just send them a check and everything will be alright. Got it.

RT sees the empty seats as a reminder of our fickle fans, the same fans that were calling for him to be fired in 2010.

Yeah if tanner can't see that Holbrook sux he won't notice the empty seats.

Holbrook < jack leg

He gave you his section and seat number. So, basically once again you made a wild assertion, got called out for it, and showed you're just a keyboard warrior.

So you really actually believe that was his first game as a season ticket holder ? Hey I got ocean front property in Arizona I want sell you . lol Still say that is a load of BULL . I bet 99% he wasn't even at that game yesterday .

So you really actually believe that was his first game as a season ticket holder ? Hey I got ocean front property in Arizona I want sell you . lol Still say that is a load of BULL . I bet 99% he wasn't even at that game yesterday .

You wouldn't know would you? You just admitted you were too scared to go down to his seat to confront him. Thanks for reminding everyone of how much you backed down after opening your mouth. You called a poster and fan out and then that fan called you out and you cowered when it was time to put your money where your mouth is.

And you would be wrong Pepsi... I actually went to see and he was sitting in Section 11 right where he said he was and with a beige Titleist hat on just like he said. He called you out and you wimped.

Mr or Mrs Pepsicocks
I had decided to let this go as it is a waste of everyone's time but....You made all these wild ass assertions and then lied big time.
As confirmed by others I was there in section 11, as promised, on the aisle. There was no one else in the entire stadium wearing a Titleist hat, certainly not in section 11. I even stood on the concourse for 2 innings.
There is zero interest in shaking your hand. I can only assume you were dropped on your head by your mommy.
Sadly, another 61,000 posts won't correct things. Go "call out" someone else. Dude, you need help!!!

Mr or Mrs Pepsicocks
I had decided to let this go as it is a waste of everyone's time but....You made all these wild ass assertions and then lied big time.
As confirmed by others I was there in section 11, as promised, on the aisle. There was no one else in the entire stadium wearing a Titleist hat, certainly not in section 11. I even stood on the concourse for 2 innings.
There is zero interest in shaking your hand. I can only assume you were dropped on your head by your mommy.
Sadly, another 61,000 posts won't correct things. Go "call out" someone else. Dude, you need help!!!
Sill say you don't have season tickets. I am here today .behined home plate .

Sill say you don't have season tickets. I am here today .behined home plate .

You need to give it up Pepsi... I know Permacock70. You are wrong, and you didn't bother to go meet him after you called him out. He was exactly where he said he was going to be, in Section 11, and with a beige Titleist hat on. You may have been there behind home plate sitting in some one else's seats today, but you said you would meet him Saturday. You didn't. He was there. Give it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT