ADVERTISEMENT

HEY TANNER.......HEY MUSCHAMP........

Not true anymore. There isnt someone to take your place. If there was season ticket sales wouldnt have dropped to below 50,000 like it has
It’s dropped because we’re not that great. We’re not going to win the East. The mediocre game day atmosphere, with its crappy service and restrooms, gets old.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
How you liking my empty seats?! They're gonna stay empty the rest of this season. Not wasting any more of my life coming to see the SHIT you ask me to pay top dollar for!!!!

HEY USCTICKET guy........I'm done. Won't buy another ticket from you pricks!!!!
That win just made it easier for you to sell your A&M tickets. Be thankful

OK. Hopefully a more loyal fan will replace you.

giphy.gif

Other coaches early success has spoiled fan bases as a whole. They expect more quicker and are more impatient as a whole. We don't have the same tradition as schools like Georgia, Texas, Florida who have new head coaches and inherit teams with a huge winning tradition and a lot of talent. So it will take us a while to build the program back up. This is my team...my school...my alma mater...and I cannot help but love them and support them no matter what.

I have shared this story on here before. After we lost to Clemson in 2008 my youngest son who was 12 at time but who lives and dies with the Gamecocks looked up at me in tears and asked me "Why did you make me a Carolina fan? Why couldn't you make me a Florida or Alabama, or Florida State fan?" I told him, that one day our ship will come in and when it does it will mean more than it does to those schools whose fans expect to win. That being a Gamecock fan teaches you about faith, perseverance, loyalty, and love of something no matter what and that those are not only good traits to have related to sports, but also to life.
After we won our first national championship in baseball, he called me on the phone and told me I was right. At that moment, I said nothing as he cried on the phone. We both knew what he meant.

It's going to be okay Gamecock Nation. Hang in there. Stay true.

Other coaches early success has spoiled fan bases as a whole. They expect more quicker and are more impatient as a whole. We don't have the same tradition as schools like Georgia, Texas, Florida who have new head coaches and inherit teams with a huge winning tradition and a lot of talent. So it will take us a while to build the program back up. This is my team...my school...my alma mater...and I cannot help but love them and support them no matter what.

I have shared this story on here before. After we lost to Clemson in 2008 my youngest son who was 12 at time but who lives and dies with the Gamecocks looked up at me in tears and asked me "Why did you make me a Carolina fan? Why couldn't you make me a Florida or Alabama, or Florida State fan?" I told him, that one day our ship will come in and when it does it will mean more than it does to those schools whose fans expect to win. That being a Gamecock fan teaches you about faith, perseverance, loyalty, and love of something no matter what and that those are not only good traits to have related to sports, but also to life.
After we won our first national championship in baseball, he called me on the phone and told me I was right. At that moment, I said nothing as he cried on the phone. We both knew what he meant.

It's going to be okay Gamecock Nation. Hang in there. Stay true.

Patience doesnt turn things around. Teams don’t just evolve into being great over time. Those programs you mentioned with history were great at times and times were not. The times they were great they had great coaches and assistants. Example A. You mentioned our national championship in baseball. We had a great coach. It takes a great coach and supporting cast and all pieces to the puzzle must fit. If not you got to replace them with the right pieces. Wills legacy will be decided by the decisions he makes with assistants

Last edited:
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
You will never be happy so here is a suggestion , find another team to pull for !!
NO! I'm gonna make this damn school take football seriously for once in their life and drag their tails to the playoffs if it kills me. No I don't care about beating an average Missouri team when we lost to Kentucky the week before. No I don't want to win 6 games and go to some backwoods barnyard bowl (we did that in year 1, this is year 3, no steps back!). No I'm not going to wait umpteen years to give someone time to prove they either can or can't get it done. They don't give you 20 years at your job to see if you're a screwup or not. I'm tired of all the excuses of "poor old USC can't win cause they're in a small state, can't win cause of this, can't win cause of that." Never seen a school make so many excuses about why they can't win like USC does.

@USCTicketSales - legitimate question for you - I had 2 extra unused tickets and tried to enter the stadium at the beginning of the 4th quarter - every gate we went to said "sorry, it's too late you can't enter because they've taken all of our ticket scanners." One attendant said to go to gate 4. This was well before the lightning delay in the game.

Is there some fine print that says ticket holders can't enter the stadium after a certain point? This is one of those examples for me that tips the scales towards watching the game at home, rather than getting up early for another noon game.

NO! I'm gonna make this damn school take football seriously for once in their life and drag their tails to the playoffs if it kills me. No I don't care about beating an average Missouri team when we lost to Kentucky the week before. No I don't want to win 6 games and go to some backwoods barnyard bowl (we did that in year 1, this is year 3, no steps back!). No I'm not going to wait umpteen years to give someone time to prove they either can or can't get it done. They don't give you 20 years at your job to see if you're a screwup or not. I'm tired of all the excuses of "poor old USC can't win cause they're in a small state, can't win cause of this, can't win cause of that." Never seen a school make so many excuses about why they can't win like USC does.

giphy.gif

@USCTicketSales - legitimate question for you - I had 2 extra unused tickets and tried to enter the stadium at the beginning of the 4th quarter - every gate we went to said "sorry, it's too late you can't enter because they've taken all of our ticket scanners." One attendant said to go to gate 4. This was well before the lightning delay in the game.

Is there some fine print that says ticket holders can't enter the stadium after a certain point? This is one of those examples for me that tips the scales towards watching the game at home, rather than getting up early for another noon game.

Most gates are closed by halftime, and the rest typically shut down by the mid-3rd quarter, which is when ticket scanners are turned in and they begin tallying the total attendance numbers. Obviously some staff remain at the gates for the fans exiting, but that's about the extent of it. I am not aware of any fine print regarding those game day procedures, but this has been the case during my time working here.

Ahem! May I add: can't win because our Administration lacks the will or the balls (or both) to cleverly . . . . . . . cheat.

How what? Surely you know how to post a photo since you live on this board 24/7. Anybody can claim to have season tickets in a random section and row in the stadium. If you actually do, let’s see some proof. I have a hard time believing that anyone who actually pays for season tickets would post half of the things you do, or would boycott the remaining games after a conference home WIN.

So prove it. Prove you actually have season tickets. You can and should redact the seat numbers for your own privacy. How you choose to do that is up to you, I ordinarily wouldn’t recommend permanently defacing your tickets, but I suppose that shouldn’t be a problem since you won’t be going to any more games and won’t be reselling them either.

Don't do it, he wants to steal your bar code off your tickets and then sell them on StubHub. You'll go to the game and your ticket will be flagged and told "sorry this ticket has already been scanned"

I am under the impression that this won't be happening because we beat Missouri on Saturday and Rod just couldn't take it.

Don't do it, he wants to steal your bar code off your tickets and then sell them on StubHub. You'll go to the game and your ticket will be flagged and told "sorry this ticket has already been scanned"

Redact the barcode then. I have my own tickets, thanks.

This seems awfully paranoid. I’m not sure that’s even possible. Surely there is a way that he can prove what he says is true, without compromising his *alleged* tickets?

Reactions: Silverspur02
Haha I’ll show mine if he will show his!

With all sensitive info blurred out so there is no concern about someone trying to steal tickets, of course.

Section 309, row 11, pal.

He can post the picture of his Marshall game tickets... we aren't going to use those.

He can post the picture of his Marshall game tickets... we aren't going to use those.

To be fair, I think we may need those for admission to the potential 12th game, or at least that was my understanding. Past tickets that are of no value sounds like a good compromise, however (with seat numbers, barcode, etc. blurred out).

How you liking my empty seats?! They're gonna stay empty the rest of this season. Not wasting any more of my life coming to see the SHIT you ask me to pay top dollar for!!!!

I'm sure everyone will miss you. Too bad we don't play patsy ball every week so we could be 6-0 and you could gloat like your Orange buddies.

Section 309, row 11, pal.

Thought you said you paid top dollar???? Laughing

Reactions: KayakCock

So you just like USC when we are winning? If so, I have a suggestion. Switch your support to Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT