ADVERTISEMENT

High School Pep Rally in Texas

Pretty damn awesome. Hats off to Allen High.

Interesting area- Allen, TX.

Population is a little over 100,000. They have 1 high school.

Median household income is around $120,000. For comparison, Lexington, SC has a median household income of $72,000.

Voters approved a $60million football stadium in a referendum with 64% support. It would be very hard in South Carolina to get a referendum approved for athletic facilities.

Reactions: PC31
Interesting area- Allen, TX.

Population is a little over 100,000. They have 1 high school.

Median household income is around $120,000. For comparison, Lexington, SC has a median household income of $72,000.

Voters approved a $60million football stadium in a referendum with 64% support. It would be very hard in South Carolina to get a referendum approved for athletic facilities.
Interesting information. Thank you. My first thought was that was a ton of money for a high school to be spending but hey, if they have the local support then go for it!

High school football in Texas has always been on another level.

They even made movies about it - "Friday Night Lights" comes to mind.

High school football in Texas has always been on another level.

They even made movies about it - "Friday Night Lights" comes to mind.
And a great TV series with the same name. I watch it in its entirety every year before the season starts.

Interesting information. Thank you. My first thought was that was a ton of money for a high school to be spending but hey, if they have the local support then go for it!
Looks like they have a lot of nice stuff there- including for academics, the band and music program, etc. (Their high school band is almost twice as big as the Gamecock marching band)

it's hard to believe an area like that only has 1 high school. The numbers seem to indicate they'd have 3-4.

Must be a lot of tech or oil money in that area. The income numbers or off the chart high.

I was reading about voters in Kershaw County voting down a referendum 8-10 years ago because too much money was for athletics. (They revised it and put less money toward athletics and it barely passed) That's why I mentioned voters in most of South Carolina would never go for it if it was mainly athletics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT