ADVERTISEMENT

Hilinski will be at the TENN game, anyone planning on booing our players again?

ExpatCarolinian

Jul 25, 2016
I hope everyone got it out of their system today.

If you care about the program, you don’t boo. Even if you are angry (and rightfully so), it does not help anything and only hurts our recruiting.

Reactions: DarkCock

If you care about the program, you don’t boo. Even if you are angry (and rightfully so), it does not help anything and only hurts our recruiting.
I thought about that same thing going into this game. I'm as frustrated as anyone with the fact that Scar didn't get the start... and then didn't even get a series. But I thought, "What will be the effect on recruits?" if JB gets booed. Especially since Hill now has an offer from Stanford.

Oh well.

Reactions: clem1

If you care about the program you see coaching is a major issue on offense. Sticking your head in the sand won’t make it better I promise

This is big time college football. I'm sure Hilinski, like all top recruits, understands that SEC fans are passionate. I'm much more concerned that Hilinski will question his commitment after considering Jeff Driskel's and Bentley's development under Muschamp than I am about him being scared off by fans booing poor performances.

This is big time college football. I'm sure Hilinski, like all top recruits, understands that SEC fans are passionate. I'm much more concerned that Hilinski will question his commitment after considering Jeff Driskel's and Bentley's development under Muschamp than I am about him be scared off by fans booing poor performances.
Or that no matter how well he comes in and competes, Bentley will get the job no matter what.

That stadium crowd came alive during the commercial break leading up to the start of the fourth quarter when they played that video clip about the players working out. They were in a frenzy and the defense allowed that other team to then march down the field and kick a go-ahead field goal. They followed that time consuming drive with another one. I don't care much for booing our players but our fan base let everyone know that even at 3-2 (at the start of the 4th) we were letting the world know we were behind that team. And they deserve better because they do care. Like me, they could have been anywhere else but still came and cheered at the start of the 4th that would have made one think this was the title game.

This is big time college football. I'm sure Hilinski, like all top recruits, understands that SEC fans are passionate. I'm much more concerned that Hilinski will question his commitment after considering Jeff Driskel's and Bentley's development under Muschamp than I am about him being scared off by fans booing poor performances.
Don't forget Will Grier.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I have mixed emotions on the booing since historically nobody boos more than the Philadelphia Eagles fans. At the end of last season, they had nothing to boo about.

Cheer when we throw interceptions in the end zone. Cheer when we run up the middle for no gain. Cheer when we drop a wide open pass. Cheer when we overthrow a WR. Cheer when we lose the game.
No just don't be a dick to 18 to 22 year old kids. I know that's hard thee days but if you're a grown adult you would understand that

Reactions: KayakCock
No just don't be a dick to 18 to 22 year old kids. I know that's hard thee days but if you're a grown adult you would understand that

Guess we have a different definition of a kid. If they are old enough to fight in a war, vote or drink a beer, they ought to be able to handle the word boo. Hope it doesn’t scare the $hit out of them this Halloween.

Most of those boos would have changed to cheers if the better QB wasn’t standing on the sidelines cheering.

Cheer when we throw interceptions in the end zone. Cheer when we run up the middle for no gain. Cheer when we drop a wide open pass. Cheer when we overthrow a WR. Cheer when we lose the game.
Yep, give them a participation trophy every week. During a performance like yesterday, the lack of boos would indicate empty seats. That'll look good to recruits.

Guess we have a different definition of a kid. If they are old enough to fight in a war, vote or drink a beer, they ought to be able to handle the word boo. Hope it doesn’t scare the $hit out of them this Halloween.

Most of those boos would have changed to cheers if the better QB wasn’t standing on the sidelines cheering.
Are they fighting a war? And for the record those are kids too
If they we're professionals boo till your tiny vicarious living heats content. Pros get paid to make insane catches and cringeworthy hits. It's their job. But you do you.

Reactions: KayakCock

Right. Upstate school replaces one QB with a better one and it's just business. Here we either can't deliver a pass or it can't be caught week in and week out and we aren't supposed to hurt any feelings.

Absolutely . That Stanford offer is starting to look really good right now .

Reactions: Jeremiah Bullfrog
Oh no Clemson spent the last 8 years outrecruiting us why can't we beat them. Ummm the last staff stole a paycheck for the final two years. In recruiting terms that plus a full scale coaching change may as well been a decade.

Fans boo. It happens everywhere when bad play happens consistently.

There is LITERALLY nothing that happens that is unique to the SC fan base. Not fans booing, not fans leaving early, not fans bitching too much.

Well, lemme tell ya one thing, Bud . . . . you're absolutely right!

I wasn’t there, and I don’t know the heart of everyone there...but I’d bet the vast majority of the booing was directed as Muschamp, BMac, and whoever else is responsible for the mess our offense is.
your are correct. The coaches will blame the fans if we lose our qb commitment. They need to step up their coaching to keep future committments.

This is big time college football. I'm sure Hilinski, like all top recruits, understands that SEC fans are passionate. I'm much more concerned that Hilinski will question his commitment after considering Jeff Driskel's and Bentley's development under Muschamp than I am about him be scared off by fans booing poor performances.
Or that no matter how well he comes in and competes, Bentley will get the job no matter what.
this worries me the most!

Empty seat won't help recruiting much either.

I'll boo if I feel like it. Unless Hilinski wants to pay for the coin it cost to be a part of football Saturdays. He understands that when things don't go well there will be boos anywhere. I can't think of one stadium in the country where football matters that you haven't heard the boo birds sounding off when things go south. Part of the landscape.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT