ADVERTISEMENT

Hilinski

GarnetBeamer

Dec 7, 2020
Hitting some really nice long passes for Northwestern tonight. Just dropped a perfect dime on a long ball to set up another nice long pass for a TD. 8/11 for 100 yards and a TD.

Seems he played quite well, in spite of the rest of the NW team laying a total turd. Glad to see it. Kind of ironic though, that he traveled 800+ miles to join a team that has no run game. He could have saved some mileage and stayed on this team.

"The Husker defense absolutely shut down any semblance of a rushing attack, forcing quarterback Ryan Hilinski to win this game through the air, as the Wildcats finished the game with only 37 total rushing yards.

All things considered, Ryan Hilinski had himself a very solid outing tonight. He had zero help from his run game or defense and still managed to do his best to will the Wildcats to a victory. The final score won't reflect it, but Hilinski's 256 yards and touchdown is even more impressive when you consider the lack of help he received."

Seems he played quite well, in spite of the rest of the NW team laying a total turd. Glad to see it. Kind of ironic though, that he traveled 800+ miles to join a team that has no run game. He could have saved some mileage and stayed on this team.

"The Husker defense absolutely shut down any semblance of a rushing attack, forcing quarterback Ryan Hilinski to win this game through the air, as the Wildcats finished the game with only 37 total rushing yards.

All things considered, Ryan Hilinski had himself a very solid outing tonight. He had zero help from his run game or defense and still managed to do his best to will the Wildcats to a victory. The final score won't reflect it, but Hilinski's 256 yards and touchdown is even more impressive when you consider the lack of help he received."

Wait northwestern lost 56-7 and they’re saying the QB play was good? Talk about a reach.

He has to feel like it’s a replay of 2019 again. He takes over a few games into the season and is then running for his life and getting hit constantly.

Neither is Northwestern.
I believe OP was pointing out his individual performance. Not his team's.

Right. NW is pretty bad overall. Hilinski got pounded in that game and no time to get the ball off, but still completed 64% of his passes with no picks. The local Nebraska paper graded out Nebraska's performance. Gave them As and Bs across the board, with the exception of pass defense where they got a C. Even Nebraska concedes that Hilinksi played well. For comparison, Spencer Rattler was 24/34 for 214 yards and 1 TD against Nebraska. Hilinski was 24/39 for 256 yards and 1 TD. He playe well.

yes, he did play well. nw defense allowed 657 yards. nw run game gained 37 yards and hilinski was under duress all night. very solid showing.
no doubt about it. I don't understand the fractures in our fanbase. He was a solid player for us....and a great human being to have on a football team. He got screwed over a little maybe. But- he didn't go the route of trashing our program like he could've done. He hasn't piled on. He wanted to play football, so he went where he could play. In the meantime he's getting a top flight education. Good for him. Good for Coastal freakin' Carolina and their success. Good for anybody who works hard and makes themselves better. I can't wait until the people in charge of directing the Univ. of South Carolina football program and fans get in line and do the same for our program. All the pieces are there....just come close to hiring the right guy who is the best gamble.

I believe OP was pointing out his individual performance. Not his team's.
He is what he is

WIldcats1.jpg

Reactions: Pauliecock
This is a thread about how Hilinski had a decent game for his new team. What's it got to do with Doty?
People are complaining about Doty on multiple threads. Didn’t realize you can only comment about the original post. People complain about Doty this past weekend when his numbers are almost identical to Hillinski

Reactions: chief2791
People are complaining about Doty on multiple threads. Didn’t realize you can only comment about the original post. People complain about Doty this past weekend when his numbers are almost identical to Hillinski
No one's complaining about him in this one from what I've seen. (Though, I haven't caught up with the most recent posts.)

I'm just trying to stick to the point of the thread. If I feel the need, I'll debate Doty's performance in the other threads.

No one's complaining about him in this one from what I've seen. (Though, I haven't caught up with the most recent posts.)

I'm just trying to stick to the point of the thread. If I feel the need, I'll debate Doty's performance in the other threads.
Well, I felt the need to bring that up so I did. If I don’t feel like doing that in other threads then I won’t.

Hitting some really nice long passes for Northwestern tonight. Just dropped a perfect dime on a long ball to set up another nice long pass for a TD. 8/11 for 100 yards and a TD.
defense was most likely 2nd, 3rd and walk-on players

Golly, can't even make a complimentary statement about Hilinski without it turning into a bash-fest.
Well it’s primarily two competing camps. The group who realizes if not for Bobo he would most likely be starting here. So if he is successful somewhere else it’s just further proof of the mess Muschamp/Tanner created.

The other group wants to focus on shortcomings because any success he has somewhere else is evidence we lost a good player. It’s even worse now when we realize how mediocre our QB play has been so any success he has simply magnifies issues here which just makes the desire to see him fail much stronger.

Well it’s primarily two competing camps. The group who realizes if not for Bobo he would most likely be starting here. So if he is successful somewhere else it’s just further proof of the mess Muschamp/Tanner created.

The other group wants to focus on shortcomings because any success he has somewhere else is evidence we lost a good player. It’s even worse now when we realize how mediocre our QB play has been so any success he has simply magnifies issues here which just makes the desire to see him fail much stronger.

Reactions: 92Pony and Dizzy01
Northwestern's run defense is atrocious from what I saw. Nebraska looked like the mid nineties version LOL

I don't think NW football has quite the fan following we have at South Carolina Mrs. Doty. Multiple threads? I'm not so sure they have more than one thread about their entire sports program.

Reactions: humble servant
I don't think NW football has quite the fan following we have at South Carolina Mrs. Doty. Multiple threads? I'm not so sure they have more than one thread about their entire sports program.
Not sure what NW threads have to do with Doty. My point was simply regardless of the thread on this forum people will complain about Doty, and at the same time praise Hilinski for having virtually identical numbers this past weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT