ADVERTISEMENT

Hire Marcus Satterfield as OC

Loggains is even worse at play calling than the previous guy. It is maddening to watch the same sh!t ober and over again each series ending in the same result. The script is to run between the tackles on 1st down and get stuffed at or behind the LOS. Then throw a WR screen and get stuffed leaving 3rd and long where Spencer has to drop back behind an incompetent Oline. Of course each opponent scouts us and knows this, so they blitz everybody on 3rd down and Spencer has to run for his life and throw the ball away or get sacked.

The VERY few times we ran play action on 1st down it worked and we moved the ball.

This guy is terrible.

Loggains is even worse at play calling than the previous guy. It is maddening to watch the same sh!t ober and over again each series ending in the same result. The script is to run between the tackles on 1st down and get stuffed at or behind the LOS. Then throw a WR screen and get stuffed leaving 3rd and long where Spencer has to drop back behind an incompetent Oline.

The fascination Loggains has with trying to run up the middle with our line and running-backs is worth a university study on the subject of how some people repeat horrible mistakes over and over and over.

The fascination Loggains has with trying to run up the middle with our line and running-backs is worth a university study on the subject of how some people repeat horrible mistakes over and over and over.

I have to say, I think its done for a reason. Our WRs run full sprints on routes, they’d simply burn out if we didnt run some of those up the midlde plays. My guess is he decided to pass on 2 downs and use 1 as a run down to let XL and others catch some wind.

With our O line the options are very limited. Basically playing as a 2-down offense. We simply cant send WRs out on routes every play, theyd gas out before the 3rd quarter. If we had Wells maybe, but we just dont have tbe depth.

I have to say, I think its done for a reason. Our WRs run full sprints on routes, they’d simply burn out if we didnt run some of those up the midlde plays. My guess is he decided to pass on 2 downs and use 1 as a run down to let XL and others catch some wind.

With our O line the options are very limited. Basically playing as a 2-down offense. We simply cant send WRs out on routes every play, theyd gas out before the 3rd quarter. If we had Wells maybe, but we just dont have tbe depth.
We don’t have depth on the OL, we don’t have depth at RB, we don’t have depth at WR. Most of our starters are below average SEC quality. Our program will occasionally have SEC quality first teams, but only D2 second teams as backups. Just the complete opposite of our women’s basketball team - where everyone is a McDonald’s All-American.

I disagree. We run on first down on the very first play of most series. These guys have been on the sidelines. Besides, no one is allowed to take plays off. Even on run plays it is the receivers job to get downfield and block. The reason we rotate WRs is to give them a break. None of them play every play. No team leaves guys in the game to take a break from plays. We need all 11 doing their job on every single play. Besides, the most successful pass plays are not the fly routes with WR running downfield. The most successful play action plays are the intermediate routes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT