ADVERTISEMENT

Hope Sankey has more sense than Emmert. We want to see players` names, team name, number & that`s it

psycock

Jan 20, 2001
Not slogans, not patches with causes. If they mix politics with college athletics they will ruin it. I`m gone from all pro sports other than just pulling for former Gamecocks. I refuse to watch anymore. If they want to lose long-term college football fans just follow suit with Emmert`s plan. We go to and watch games to escape politics and real-life problems, not to be reminded of them. If they want to participate in a cause on their free time as an individual, that is everyone`s right. But it has no part of college sports during games. However, I do know what would happen if someone put a MAGA patch on - they would outlaw it. So who decides what flies and what doesn`t - ridiculous! Apparently it`s too much to ask, if we are lucky enough to have games, to just go out and play ball without some kind of agenda that`s guaranteed to alienate a lot of people no matter what it is. Why in the hell would they want to do that?

Not slogans, not patches with causes. If they mix politics with college athletics they will ruin it. I`m gone from all pro sports other than just pulling for former Gamecocks. I refuse to watch anymore. If they want to lose long-term college football fans just follow suit with Emmert`s plan. We go to and watch games to escape politics and real-life problems, not to be reminded of them. If they want to participate in a cause on their free time as an individual, that is everyone`s right. But it has no part of college sports during games. However, I do know what would happen if someone put a MAGA patch on - they would outlaw it. So who decides what flies and what doesn`t - ridiculous! Apparently it`s too much to ask, if we are lucky enough to have games, to just go out and play ball without some kind of agenda that`s guaranteed to alienate a lot of people no matter what it is. Why in the hell would they want to do that?
Totally agree. This could be my last year watching college football.

Black Lives Matter.

That’s stanky u redneck...

ALL lives matter, no one group more than another.
You're absolutely right. As an aside, when there were shootings at Virginia Tech, did you also get upset because people were standing with Va Tech, and "We are all Hokies today"? Did you shout "Everywhere Strong" back at people saying "Boston Strong" after the bombing at the Marathon?

All lives certainly matter, and none more than others. Yet in this country, certain sects of people are treated as though their lives are inherently worth less than others. It's not a political issue, it's a human rights issue. Some sects of people are treated as though they have inherently less value than others. Some sects of people don't even realize how their actions have helped to keep others down. Saying black lives matter isn't a cause because no one else's lives matter, but because for so long, and even today, black lives in particular are valued less. By white people, by police and even by other black people. These lives are treated as worth less (not worthless, but just having less worth).

So when they say black lives matter, they are trying to raise themselves up to your level, not drag you down and make you less. You want all lives to matter, then sport a black lives matter shirt and help people see that those lives have value too. But please, don't ever give any money to BLM. BLM sucks and should be shut down for the frauds they are. Realize that BLM and people supporting black lives by saying black lives matter are not the same people.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT