ADVERTISEMENT

House taters. What's up with all the negativity lately in Pickens.

section907

Sep 16, 2000
All I am hearing coming out of Pickens is bashing other schools. I get the hatred for USC but seems like it's been ramped up lately across the board from all outlets.

Has Mschamp said something about dabo?

Of all the years , you'd think u guys would be riding a little high and have more important positive things to talk about.

My assumption is tater fans are always negative and there must be something going on behind the scenes in Pickens that's not too good . Like reality.

All I am hearing coming out of Pickens is bashing other schools. I get the hatred for USC but seems like it's been ramped up lately across the board from all outlets.

Of all the years , you'd think u guys would be riding a little high and have more important positive things to talk about.

My assumption is tater fans are always negative and there must be something going on behind the scenes in Pickens that's not too good . Like reality.

JMO: I think many non-delusional taters sense they're going to come back to earth this season. FSU is being picked to win their division in nearly every pre-season ranking so far.

An 8-9 win season and they'll be ripe to have some of their blue chips poached by traditional powers.

They've been telling themselves for so long that they will be just fine without Watson and Mike Williams. Now that the season is getting closer, they're realizing the reality is you just don't replace players like that. We all know the famous "well the backup is better than the guy starting" they always like to bring up, problem is that's hard to convince anyone of that this year.

Reactions: bucketdad
JMO: I think many non-delusional taters sense they're going to come back to earth this season. FSU is being picked to win their division in nearly every pre-season ranking so far.

An 8-9 win season and they'll be ripe to have some of their blue chips poached by traditional powers.
Miami recruiting like Bama probably isn't helping either. Many thought they were DOA....seems Richt may have resurrected them.

They've been telling themselves for so long that they will be just fine without Watson and Mike Williams. Now that the season is getting closer, they're realizing the reality is you just don't replace players like that. We all know the famous "well the backup is better than the guy starting" they always like to bring up, problem is that's hard to convince anyone of that this year.
Right ! They have nowhere to go but down and down they will go without W and W. Watson was the oil that ran the machine they refuse to see that.

It's hard to be No. 1, mostly because the sun doesn't shine on the same dog's butt all the time, or something. They're playing not to lose instead of to win. They think everybody's out to get them. They're Clemson, and that means their depth perception is awry because their eyes are real close together like hillbilly flounders. Some of them have three ears and play banjos in the bathroom.

I think most everyone agrees that it will be very difficult for Clemson to repeat last year's success. But to say that it all came from 2 players is just not correct.
Not meaning that. Just saying the leadership and talent cannot be replaced Bouleware is also one they will miss. Watson in particular bailed them out of a lot of jams with his legs. They will still be good but not Watson good.

All the Clemson fans I know are quite happy. We are coming off arguable our best year ever and looking forward to the start of a new football season. I don't think anyone expects the same success as last year but there is at least the chance for another great season if we have solid QB play. You guys should be much improved from last year so it should be a great year for football in the state this year. Good luck.

The thing in their favor is they don't play anybody REALLY tough but Fla. St. that matters! One of the two will likely always win the ACC - not a tough road to sell recruits (come play where it's easier to get to the playoffs). Nothing wrong with that - just the facts!

Reactions: SwampFox99
The thing in their favor is they don't play anybody REALLY tough but Fla. St. that matters! One of the two will likely always win the ACC - not a tough road to sell recruits (come play where it's easier to get to the playoffs). Nothing wrong with that - just the facts!
That is probably true except I would guess that Auburn may be really tough this year and possibly Louisville with Lamar Jackson coming back.

Reactions: Lakecock1
Clemson better worry about illegal recruiting. Ole Miss, NCAA violations today. Clemson has there cook out this week, Friday and they are suppose to, secretly, get a commitment from a 5*. How much will it cost them. Heard they are working to get another 3-4 more 5*. Totalling, 7 for this class. Really, to Clemson. Will the church be used to pass money to these players. Maybe, if this happen, the NCAA will began an investigation, if they haven't already. Sorry Ole Miss. O, I heard that either Florida State, louisville should win the ACC conference. Taters, should be back to there 6-8 wins. Sounds so nice.

Reactions: SwampFox99
Clemson better worry about illegal recruiting. Ole Miss, NCAA violations today. Clemson has there cook out this week, Friday and they are suppose to, secretly, get a commitment from a 5*. How much will it cost them. Heard they are working to get another 3-4 more 5*. Totalling, 7 for this class. Really, to Clemson. Will the church be used to pass money to these players. Maybe, if this happen, the NCAA will began an investigation, if they haven't already. Sorry Ole Miss. O, I heard that either Florida State, louisville should win the ACC conference. Taters, should be back to there 6-8 wins. Sounds so nice.
It may sound nice but the only place you'll hear it is in your dreams.

Reactions: torsten
Here is a dose of reality From SB Nation. Please stop saying Clemson has a soft schedule and read this carefully. Its is just the facts.

How many SEC teams would trade their 2013-to-2018 circumstances with either Clemson or FSU? All except Bama?

• Non-Bama SEC teams have won one title since 2008. Clemson and FSU have titles within the last four years, each winning double-digit games in six of the last seven years.
  • Plenty of non-Bama SEC teams have simply been bad. FSU and Clemson have no recent losses to The Citadel, Georgia Southern, Indiana, Middle Tennessee State, Rutgers, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Temple, Toledo, WKU, or WKU again, as SEC members have since 2013.
  • FSU and Clemson have two of the country’s four best head coaches, plus the country’s best defensive coordinator. Who’s the SEC’s second-best coach? Dan Mullen? Gus Malzahn? Kevin Sumlin? B- ... Butch Jones? I’m sorry.
  • The SEC (counting Bama) is still the best overall at NFL production. But three ACC teams dominated the 2015 NFL draft, FSU recently set a national record for picks in a three-year span, and Clemson topped all but one non-Bama SEC team in 2017.
  • The ACC was 2016’s best and maybe deepest conference, winning the national title, Orange Bowl, and Heisman, with few truly bad teams.
  • FSU ranks No. 4 in five-year recruiting, ahead of 12 non-Bama SEC teams, and has a good shot at 2018’s potential No. 1 recruit. Clemson’s been surging and holds commits from the other two of 2018’s top three recruits.
  • Since 2013, FSU and Clemson are 12-3 against SEC teams, including Bama, and they didn’t even get to play most of the SEC’s weaker schools.
  • FSU’s beaten Florida in six of the last seven years, with a 28-13 average score (the Gators hold the all-time edge). Clemson dominates its SEC rivalry overall, has beaten South Carolina three times in a row, and won by 49 points last year.
The Bama dynasty is the only SEC team that’s reliably been as good as or better than these two.

So the best way to compliment Clemson or FSU isn’t to say they look like SEC teams.

It’s to say they look like Alabama.

You have lost your d mine, Clemson will never be a Alabama or . Back to your d 7- 8 games, Watson is Watson is gone. With out him, you would have never went as for in 2016 or 2017. CLEMSUX would have easily lost to NC state, Pittsburg, Louisville,Florida State and yes, Troy. Like Alabama. You have list your damn mine. And, the ACC had there best 2 years, 2016-17. For the first time since kingdom come, t h y want be crap. SEC is coming back. Gallman gone, best receiver done and Watson. Now Clemsux fans are making a bobble head of him . Ya worshipping him now. Let the man go. God don't like it when you worship other gods, in your mine. O, you better stop paying players, you see what happen to Ole Miss today. NCAA violations. And get rid of that g-y sliding board for grown a men.

Here is a dose of reality From SB Nation. Please stop saying Clemson has a soft schedule and read this carefully. Its is just the facts.

How many SEC teams would trade their 2013-to-2018 circumstances with either Clemson or FSU? All except Bama?

• Non-Bama SEC teams have won one title since 2008. Clemson and FSU have titles within the last four years, each winning double-digit games in six of the last seven years.
  • Plenty of non-Bama SEC teams have simply been bad. FSU and Clemson have no recent losses to The Citadel, Georgia Southern, Indiana, Middle Tennessee State, Rutgers, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Temple, Toledo, WKU, or WKU again, as SEC members have since 2013.
  • FSU and Clemson have two of the country’s four best head coaches, plus the country’s best defensive coordinator. Who’s the SEC’s second-best coach? Dan Mullen? Gus Malzahn? Kevin Sumlin? B- ... Butch Jones? I’m sorry.
  • The SEC (counting Bama) is still the best overall at NFL production. But three ACC teams dominated the 2015 NFL draft, FSU recently set a national record for picks in a three-year span, and Clemson topped all but one non-Bama SEC team in 2017.
  • The ACC was 2016’s best and maybe deepest conference, winning the national title, Orange Bowl, and Heisman, with few truly bad teams.
  • FSU ranks No. 4 in five-year recruiting, ahead of 12 non-Bama SEC teams, and has a good shot at 2018’s potential No. 1 recruit. Clemson’s been surging and holds commits from the other two of 2018’s top three recruits.
  • Since 2013, FSU and Clemson are 12-3 against SEC teams, including Bama, and they didn’t even get to play most of the SEC’s weaker schools.
  • FSU’s beaten Florida in six of the last seven years, with a 28-13 average score (the Gators hold the all-time edge). Clemson dominates its SEC rivalry overall, has beaten South Carolina three times in a row, and won by 49 points last year.
The Bama dynasty is the only SEC team that’s reliably been as good as or better than these two.

So the best way to compliment Clemson or FSU isn’t to say they look like SEC teams.

It’s to say they look like Alabama.

The mental gymnastics here are impressive.

Bottom line: which conference sends more players to the NFL? THAT is the definitive metric for conference difficulty.

Reactions: IrmoRed
Please, again, you gave lost you d mine, too, Acc is not that. You wish. Y'all Clemsux, SC appreciate your nosey A-s on our site. Worried about what we are doing. Go back to Your site, and play on that g-y sliding board

You have lost your d mine, Clemson will never be a Alabama or . Back to your d 7- 8 games, Watson is Watson is gone. With out him, you would have never went as for in 2016 or 2017. CLEMSUX would have easily lost to NC state, Pittsburg, Louisville,Florida State and yes, Troy. Like Alabama. You have list your damn mine. And, the ACC had there best 2 years, 2016-17. For the first time since kingdom come, t h y want be crap. SEC is coming back. Gallman gone, best receiver done and Watson. Now Clemsux fans are making a bobble head of him . Ya worshipping him now. Let the man go. God don't like it when you worship other gods, in your mine. O, you better stop paying players, you see what happen to Ole Miss today. NCAA violations. And get rid of that g-y sliding board for grown a men.
Now who's angry? I guess you don't like the facts. Here is one more. Jalen Hurt was a rookie last year and Bama went to the NC. Clemson has 5 QB who were 4 or 5* recruits. They only need one and all but Kelly Bryant can pass. Kelly Bryant is just as good as Hurt at running. The defensive line is ranked as #1 while bama is #4. Clemson isn't rebuilding, they are reloading.

Reactions: 2Paws and sloth9621
All the Clemson fans I know are quite happy. We are coming off arguable our best year ever and looking forward to the start of a new football season. I don't think anyone expects the same success as last year but there is at least the chance for another great season if we have solid QB play. You guys should be much improved from last year so it should be a great year for football in the state this year. Good luck.

Dude. Go look on your boards. Go listen to your flagship station. Then come back and say everyone is happy. U guys are calling out players on teams. Not just teams.

No need to come over and jack off to make your self feel good. Tater.

Btw. Love a post that so many house taters can agree with. Nothing like weeding out the dumb asses.

Dude. Go look on your boards. Go listen to your flagship station. Then come back and say everyone is happy. U guys are calling out players on teams. Not just teams.

Btw. Love a post that so many house taters can agree with. Nothing like weeding out the dumb asses.
I hate them as much as you do, but you sound silly calling them out for being on our board while using their board and radio station as proof of your original point.

Reactions: LazyIslander

I am not aware of the negativity you are asking about, other than a reaction to one player who, after losing to Clemson by 7 touchdowns, said Clemson wasnt any better than them. Nothing wrong with either side of that. Players should have high expectations, fans will react to comments. All fair in love and war. Perhaps you could give examples if you were referring to something else.

But just to be clear, you did ask for CU fans to answer, and to answer regarding your observations while you were on a rival board. What was wrong with him answering your question?

Reactions: IrmoRed

Not to be the grammar police but Damn

The best way to keep folks from nosing around your Clemson is to go on the attack and keep them on the defensive. Democratic Party has been using this tactic for years and the Republicans are too weak to return in kind. Keeps folks from looking to hard at whatever recruiting advantage they have stumbled upon in Clemson

Reactions: Lakecock1
This is an old and tired narrative which is simply no longer true. Clemson's division, the ACC Atlantic, is now considerably better than the SEC East. It didn't used to be, and may not be for long. But it is now.

Reactions: shorecock
This is an old and tired narrative which is simply no longer true. Clemson's division, the ACC Atlantic, is now considerably better than the SEC East. It didn't used to be, and may not be for long. But it is now.

Maybe. But there's no arguing which conference sends more players on to the next level; that's a pretty important metric for "better" IMO.

Perhaps, but so what? The argument that Clemson plays in a weak conference is still old and tired, no matter how many people Alabama, LSU and Auburn send to the NFL.

5 of the top-10 on that list are SEC programs, including UGA and Florida. Texas A&M - our annual opponent - makes it 6 out of top 20 teams belonging to the SEC. 3 are in the ACC. FSU is the only one that Clemmy plays annually.

See for yourself:
http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2016-09-07/college-football-schools-most-players-nfl

I am a Gamecock. Still, Dabo Swinney has built a solid foundation at Clemson.

It is difficult to win consecutive national championships, but I expect Clemson to be competitive for awhile. Swinney has proven that he can hire capable assistants and recruit elite players.

I look forward to Coach Muschamp making the rivalry competitive again and competing for championships too.

The best way to counter Swinney's success is to beat Clemson in recruiting and on the field, not on the message boards.

Go Gamecocks!

SC 95

All of you guys who anticipate and are predicting Clemson's demise are only kidding yourselves. They lost a bunch of star players, but they are still loaded enough to make another run at the playoffs.

^^^^ . They may not make the playoff, but I agree Clemson is not going to have the collapse most are hoping for. A small drop off, but at worst I see them at 9-3

Reactions: rogue cock
This is embarrassing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT