ADVERTISEMENT

House taters. What's up with all the negativity lately in Pickens.

Why is it embrassing?
Projecting, baseless accusations, obvious bitter envy, badly disguised as belligerent illiterate hostility with a little bigotry thrown in... Yeah, why would that be embarrassing? I must have been mistaken.

I am curious about the "d mine." Is that a large tunnel into the ground where defensive players are found?

Projecting, baseless accusations, obvious bitter envy, badly disguised as belligerent illiterate hostility with a little bigotry thrown in... Yeah, why would that be embarrassing? I must have been mistaken.

I am curious about the "d mine." Is that a large tunnel into the ground where defensive players are found?

I wouldn't call it baseless. Even during ACC Media days a reporter brought up to Dabo that he had lost 78% of the players that produced Clemson's offense in 2016.

Dabo had the most baseless response in that exchange sayin that Deon Cain is one of the best WRS in college football and if you check his last season stats, I think he had less receiving yardage than a true Freshman that played for us named Bryan Edwards that he said should not be a WR during the recruiting process.

Now who's angry? I guess you don't like the facts. Here is one more. Jalen Hurt was a rookie last year and Bama went to the NC. Clemson has 5 QB who were 4 or 5* recruits. They only need one and all but Kelly Bryant can pass. Kelly Bryant is just as good as Hurt at running. The defensive line is ranked as #1 while bama is #4. Clemson isn't rebuilding, they are reloading.

What exactly do preseason rankings mean? Absolutely NOTHING.

Reactions: GamecockArmy
The thing in their favor is they don't play anybody REALLY tough but Fla. St. that matters! One of the two will likely always win the ACC - not a tough road to sell recruits (come play where it's easier to get to the playoffs). Nothing wrong with that - just the facts!
Louisville is favored against them, and the game is in Louisville.

LazyIslanderMember
New

Maybe. But there's no arguing which conference sends more players on to the next level; that's a pretty important metric for "better" IMO.
Perhaps, but so what? The argument that Clemson plays in a weak conference is still old and tired, no matter how many people Alabama, LSU and Auburn send to the NFL.

Go pleasure yourself...Tater!

It's hard to be No. 1, mostly because the sun doesn't shine on the same dog's butt all the time, or something. They're playing not to lose instead of to win. They think everybody's out to get them. They're Clemson, and that means their depth perception is awry because their eyes are real close together like hillbilly flounders. Some of them have three ears and play banjos in the bathroom.
"Hillbilly flounders". OMG that's funny

You have lost your d mine, Clemson will never be a Alabama or . Back to your d 7- 8 games, Watson is Watson is gone. With out him, you would have never went as for in 2016 or 2017. CLEMSUX would have easily lost to NC state, Pittsburg, Louisville,Florida State and yes, Troy. Like Alabama. You have list your damn mine. And, the ACC had there best 2 years, 2016-17. For the first time since kingdom come, t h y want be crap. SEC is coming back. Gallman gone, best receiver done and Watson. Now Clemsux fans are making a bobble head of him . Ya worshipping him now. Let the man go. God don't like it when you worship other gods, in your mine. O, you better stop paying players, you see what happen to Ole Miss today. NCAA violations. And get rid of that g-y sliding board for grown a men.
Big AL, I can see you're intimidated by Clemson football, but don't give us credit for a great 2016 and 2017 season yet. 2017 season hasn't begun. God also doesn't appreciate you bearing false witness against your neighbor. I'm sure the church you refer to would frown on that also. Peace

Chase Brice might be a player later in the season also but will be well behind the QBS already on campus. Unfortunately, Clemson has some tough early games this year so preparation time will be limited on a staff decision about who to go with for the Auburn, Louisville games.

I think most everyone agrees that it will be very difficult for Clemson to repeat last year's success. But to say that it all came from 2 players is just not correct.
I agree, last years success was due to many players, however, missing these two is a huge reason they don't win more than 8 games this season.

This recent discussion about Clemmy's WRs etc crystallizes why the tater faithful are going to have a sour time this fall - they believe they're reloading now as opposed to a year or two (potentially). They won't be able to handle the 3-4 regular season losses I see on their schedule. It's as though they've completely forgotten they were one NCSU-choking kicker on a gimme FG away from not even making a p/o appearance last season with the best team they've ever fielded.

Wait and see.

Reactions: IrmoRed
Louisville is favored against them, and the game is in Louisville.
Maybe Louisville could possibly "upset" them (I don't care who's favored - that works in Clemson's favor every time), but I'd bet on Clemson! Fla. State's their competition this year & Clemson has them at home! Seems to work out for them! Last year at Fla. St. the Seminoles would've won had their defensive back not fallen down on a pass play late! LUCK is so important in these situations as the N. C. State punter missing the chip shot! Clemson has a LOAD of rabbits' feet in their chest - always have - and that's not criticism - just fact. Frank McGuire always said he'd rather be lucky than good and Clemson OWNS "lucky"!

This is an old and tired narrative which is simply no longer true. Clemson's division, the ACC Atlantic, is now considerably better than the SEC East. It didn't used to be, and may not be for long. But it is now.
Sorry - I still think it's a much easier road in the ACC than the SEC. It'll take more than one year to change that. That's part of the selling point for Dabo & Jimbo (just ask Bobby Bowden)!

I cant speak for other Clemson fans but im very content with the team and program. Things have happened over the past 6 years that I never thought I would see. I know that at some point will have a (hopefully brief) falloff so no reason to worry about it in my eyes. I was not a Dabo fan for the first few years but he has proven me wrong and I am now of the mindset that he and the coaching staff have a plan for the personnel losses and will do the best they can with what they have.

Reactions: EdwardLongshanks
Clemson better worry about illegal recruiting. Ole Miss, NCAA violations today. Clemson has there cook out this week, Friday and they are suppose to, secretly, get a commitment from a 5*. How much will it cost them. Heard they are working to get another 3-4 more 5*. Totalling, 7 for this class. Really, to Clemson. Will the church be used to pass money to these players. Maybe, if this happen, the NCAA will began an investigation, if they haven't already. Sorry Ole Miss. O, I heard that either Florida State, louisville should win the ACC conference. Taters, should be back to there 6-8 wins. Sounds so nice.
I am thoroughly convinced that Clemson is cheating. It's in their DNA . Makes no sense that they could far out recruit everyone except Alabama in the country given the school, it's location, history, social problems and just being a little school in Pickens county with nothing much to really do. Do not get shocked if their success leads to their downfall.

Wrong. FSU was picked to win the ACC during media days, so I'd say it would shock most of the cfb world if Clemson is in the playoff picture considering they weren't picked to win their conference.
Clemson seems to land on the feet, tho! They do have Fla. St. at home this year! They're a pretty lucky institution!

I wouldn't call it baseless. Even during ACC Media days a reporter brought up to Dabo that he had lost 78% of the players that produced Clemson's offense in 2016.

Dabo had the most baseless response in that exchange sayin that Deon Cain is one of the best WRS in college football and if you check his last season stats, I think he had less receiving yardage than a true Freshman that played for us named Bryan Edwards that he said should not be a WR during the recruiting process.
Might want to check those receiving yards of Cain and Edwards.

This recent discussion about Clemmy's WRs etc crystallizes why the tater faithful are going to have a sour time this fall - they believe they're reloading now as opposed to a year or two (potentially). They won't be able to handle the 3-4 regular season losses I see on their schedule. It's as though they've completely forgotten they were one NCSU-choking kicker on a gimme FG away from not even making a p/o appearance last season with the best team they've ever fielded.

Wait and see.
Don't forget the phantom offside in ACCCG the year before last.
The horseshoe up their ass is named Swofford. Granted, they took advantage of their opportunities. We didn't when we were on the cusp. Sucks.

Reactions: bigonebitey
Yes, I definitely DO believe what I post! Apparently, Bobby Bowden did too - HE said it was an easier road in the ACC than the SEC!
And it was true when Bowden said it...25 years ago when FSU became the 9th team in the ACC. Are you arguing that the SEC was a better football conference than the ACC in 2016?

And it was true when Bowden said it...25 years ago when FSU became the 9th team in the ACC. Are you arguing that the SEC was a better football conference than the ACC in 2016?
No - last year the ACC won over the SEC teams they played,. I still say the SEC is the stronger football league over the longer period - a year doesn't change that - and I think Bobby Bowden said that less than 25 years ago while explaining their decision to join the ACC - was still the case & still is IMO!

Clemson better worry about illegal recruiting. Ole Miss, NCAA violations today. Clemson has there cook out this week, Friday and they are suppose to, secretly, get a commitment from a 5*. How much will it cost them. Heard they are working to get another 3-4 more 5*. Totalling, 7 for this class. Really, to Clemson. Will the church be used to pass money to these players. Maybe, if this happen, the NCAA will began an investigation, if they haven't already. Sorry Ole Miss. O, I heard that either Florida State, louisville should win the ACC conference. Taters, should be back to there 6-8 wins. Sounds so nice.
YOU REALLY BELIEVE A CHURCH IS PASSING OUT MONEY TO DIFFERENT PLAYERS, IF THAT WAS THE CASE SOME PLAYERS WOULD BE ALREADY TALKING SAYING HE GOT MORE IN THE OFFERING THAN I DID, BETTER LOOK ELSEWHERE THAN A CHURCH

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT