ADVERTISEMENT

How is Clemson (really) supposed to move the pig skin vs that awesome Big Al D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

12375CAT

Feb 15, 2012
Next%20Big%2012%20Champs_zpsq91cjk2r.png

You got that right. And if Watson try and run, 0 they are going to try to hammer him. Think about, they barely beat 3 & 9 Gamecocks. How in hell are they going to beat Bama.

I am pretty sure that Clemson will move the ball, slip to the outside, or just plain pass it. I don't feel good about this game. I think Clemson might pull it off.

WVU Mountaineer born and my #1 team, 1989 transplant to Columbia, and USC is my #2 college program. As a Mountaineer fan we were never given a chance in 3 BCS games, and won all 3. One win really felt good. 70-33. Ha! Unfortunately we have hit hard times together.
Clemson is fast, they are good, but they have not seen a D like they will see on Monday. Alabama is on a mission, and they are pissed off.
Yet, I'm not sure how I lean on this game because I hate both programs.

I am pretty sure that Clemson will move the ball, slip to the outside, or just plain pass it. I don't feel good about this game. I think Clemson might pull it off.
They very well could if they play perfect and Bama isn't firing on all cylinders. If both teams play perfect, mistake free football I'll take Bama all day. Special teams will play a big role in this game and that's where Clemson can be exposed.

They very well could if they play perfect and Bama isn't firing on all cylinders. If both teams play perfect, mistake free football I'll take Bama all day. Special teams will play a big role in this game and that's where Clemson can be exposed.

Clemson doesn't need to play perfect to win. CU plays their game & they will win. Special teams aren't a strong suit for Clemson, that very well could make the difference. But the idea that they need to play perfect is stupid, b/c their style of play gives Saban teams fits.

Reactions: blud_runs_orange
WVU Mountaineer born and my #1 team, 1989 transplant to Columbia, and USC is my #2 college program. As a Mountaineer fan we were never given a chance in 3 BCS games, and won all 3. One win really felt good. 70-33. Ha! Unfortunately we have hit hard times together.
Clemson is fast, they are good, but they have not seen a D like they will see on Monday. Alabama is on a mission, and they are pissed off.
Yet, I'm not sure how I lean on this game because I hate both programs.

Yeah I'd probably still be hanging onto a win from 4 years ago, too, if my team went in the crapper like WV has. Holgerson is garbage, he only ever won with Stewart's recruits.

Clemson doesn't need to play perfect to win. CU plays their game & they will win. Special teams aren't a strong suit for Clemson, that very well could make the difference. But the idea that they need to play perfect is stupid, b/c their style of play gives Saban teams fits.
Michigan State gave up less sacks than Tater Town until they played Evil Nicky.

tater still has a pounding sensation in the rear for five in a row

RTR!

Reactions: NetworkX

You've been claiming it wouldn't be close all week. Taters influencing you?

Life is Beautiful

Well maybe in your 10000 post,somebody has already realized you don't know much about sports.Just saying?

I hope your team thinks they don't need to bring their A game to beat Alabama. Please let them have that mindset. Let me know if they do so I can bet even more money on this game.

Reactions: gamecockblack
You've been claiming it wouldn't be close all week. Taters influencing you?

Life is Beautiful
No I'm saying it could be a close game. Of course "close" is a relative term. Bama will bust it open in the 4th and win by 10 or more.

It's the title game, I'm sure CU is doing all they can to bring their A game. I'm not saying they can have a bunch of turnovers, but nobody is going to be perfect against that D...and Clemson is very talented and their B game is better than most people's A game.
If im you I'm more concerned with them keeping your offense on the sidelines and milk that clock. Boulware better strap it up tight because he's bad about getting caught up in blocks and letting running backs run right by him. I bet Bama runs right at him all game, that's what I'd do. Your other linebackers are too athletic, Boulware is slow and doesn't have gap discipline at all.

That's exactly right; if Bama plays that slow ball-control and Clemson can't get off the field, game over. They have to stop Henry just enough to make Coker step up...and I'm not sure he can against CU's corners. They aren't a 90th ranked unit like MSU was. Plus, Bamas o-line isn't superb, he's going to have linemen in his face at times.
Our bag boy QB passed against those same cornerbacks. One is good but he gets called for PI a lot and other times refs let him mug the receiver. They won't light up your secondary but they'll complete plenty of passes my friend. If you're worried about just Henry, you're forgetting Drake is the quick hitter and the freshman behind him. Henry softens you up and Drake blows past you. I'm interested to see if Clemson can get pressure with just 4 or not. This will be one of the better offensive lines they've faced.

Come tell us all about it on Tuesday tater. If you want to quote history, try 4 of the last 7 nattys for Bama. Big game coach, yours not so much. Big fish small pond. Only beat us by 5 and we were the bottom of the SEC. BAMA IS THE ELITE.

Our bag boy QB passed against those same cornerbacks. One is good but he gets called for PI a lot and other times refs let him mug the receiver. They won't light up your secondary but they'll complete plenty of passes my friend. If you're worried about just Henry, you're forgetting Drake is the quick hitter and the freshman behind him. Henry softens you up and Drake blows past you. I'm interested to see if Clemson can get pressure with just 4 or not. This will be one of the better offensive lines they've faced.
Bama's second team offense has 8 former ESPN 300 players on it. I'm sorry but that's their second team. That's scary.

Look for Bama to pressure Watson all night. Two ends crashing forcing him into the middle to be hit on the numbers. Their staple , the bubble screen won't work because of the Alabama speed and size on the corners. A bigger and overlooked part of this contest is how can the Clemson defense stop Bama. If Coker has a decent game, Henry will rush for over 150 yards behind the best O line in the SEC. This one should be over by the third quarter.

Ummmm Ole Miss. If not as a spread team, then a team with lots of athletes and that's good in the trenches. Please, tell me one functioning, balanced offense that Bama has beaten? Put another way, a team with a great QB and a good RB. The only team that fits that bill put an L on them. Miss St I guess might come closest, but they don't have the skill players CU does. MSU was a thumping, but that's been an offensively challenged team all year. Just like Bama will be the best D CU has faced, the reverse is true that they haven't faced an O like Clemson's.
That game turned on turnovers. Also early in the season didn't help. If Bama turns it over like they did against Ole Miss, it will be ugly. But it wasn't the super play of their QB or their NFL WRs that gave them the victory there.

Question really is if Klempzon can handle the pressure.
Guys it is about numbers:

Bama played 11 bowl teams, they beat 7 teams that won bowl games. Clemson beat 1 team that won a bowl.

Big 12: gave up 44 points per bowl game
ACC: 33 points per game
Big 10: 27 points per game Bama scored 38 on their best defense
SEC: 19 points per game

SEC avg margin of victory in bowls was over 3 td's per game!!!

Remember all the talk about SEC not having any offense, the reason is because the SEC plays defense, no other conference can match the defenses SEC teams face week in and week out.

Miss St looked pretty darned good on offense in their bowl, how much did they score on Bama?
A @ M scored 20 on Louisville with a 4th string qb who had never played, how many did CU score on Louisville? (20)

Notre Dame gave up 44 to Ohio State, a team that scored 14 at home against Mich State. Clemson scored 24 on them, 14 on gift wrapped turnovers.

Baylor rolled up how many on UNC with no QB?

Florida State gave up how many?

Do you think we would have scored 30 on Alabama?

Look at what Bama has done since their loss at Ole Miss, look at Cokers numbers, they are rolling and unless they have a brain fart like they did at Ole Miss this will not be close.

Bama has big edge on d-line and o-line, that is where games are won. Just don't see why anyone thinks they won't win. They roll 11 lineman out on front 7, you think they wear down like Oklahaoma?

As good as Watson is, he was 15-31 against Oklahoma and that was with no pass rush. He is going to get hit hard and hit often Monday night. Connor Cook was use to physical defenses and Bama wore him down and he has one of best o-lines in country.

Who you play matters and running up scores on pitiful defenses looks good but does not make a great team.

Clemson may win but would be shocked, numbers just don't add up.

Bama played 11 bowl teams, they beat 7 teams that won bowl games. Clemson beat 1 team that won a bowl.

Remember all the talk about SEC not having any offense, the reason is because the SEC plays defense, no other conference can match the defenses SEC teams face week in and week out.

Miss St looked pretty darned good on offense in their bowl, how much did they score on Bama?
A @ M scored 20 on Louisville with a 4th string qb who had never played, how many did CU score on Louisville? (20)

Notre Dame gave up 44 to Ohio State, a team that scored 14 at home against Mich State. Clemson scored 24 on them, 14 on gift wrapped turnovers.

Look at what Bama has done since their loss at Ole Miss, look at Cokers numbers, they are rolling and unless they have a brain fart like they did at Ole Miss this will not be close.

Bama has big edge on d-line and o-line, that is where games are won. Just don't see why anyone thinks they won't win. They roll 11 lineman out on front 7, you think they wear down like Oklahaoma?

As good as Watson is, he was 15-31 against Oklahoma and that was with no pass rush. He is going to get hit hard and hit often Monday night. Connor Cook was use to physical defenses and Bama wore him down and he has one of best o-lines in country.

Who you play matters and running up scores on pitiful defenses looks good but does not make a great team.

Good post, and good stats. We all know that stat's alone don't win the game, but they are usually a pretty good predictor of the outcome, and probably plays a big part of why vegas has bama favored to win. Roll Tide!

So you're saying Clemson will beat themselves?lol

The thing that makes Clemson hard to defend isn't any one thing. It's their balance. They can hand it to Gallman. They can run the Zone Read. They can have Watson fake the drop back pass and run the QB keep. They can throw short and get their Wide Receivers in space. They can throw the intermediate routes. They have good receivers. They have one of the best Tight Ends in the country. And Watson is probably the best Deep Ball thrower in College Football. And their Offensive Line is above average.

Most of the teams that Alabama makes look silly are One Dimensional teams like LSU. All LSU can do is run. And when Bama shuts down the run they can't do anything else. Clemson has balance and a dual threat QB. That's a tough combination to stop.

I believe Alabama is the most talented team in the country but they are not world beaters. They lost at home to Ole Miss using Clemson's 3rd string QB(if Chad Kelly was better than Deshaun Watson or even close he wouldn't have been kicked off the team at Clemson). That same Bama team almost lost to Tennessee and had to pull one at of their butt to win that one at home. Tennessee QB gave Bama fits and he isn't close to Watson. Clemson is strong up front on the DL and the secondary is tough in man coverage. LB's are the weakest point. Big and good against the run between the tackles but their lack of speed can be exposed by using the TE and RB's in the passing game. I think the winner scores 24-27 points. Obviously turnovers or injuries can alter the game, but I think it will be one of the better championship games to watch.

Clemson, has a good offense they will move the ball, the question is can Bama cover the guys up,
,and cover the 5 yard quick hitters, and screens.. if they don't it's going to be a long night, we know they can
go deep if they don't fill the lanes Watson will have a big night it is all going to depend on the pressure and
coverage.

I have not watched all their games, but the games I watched, seems every third and 4 or such, Watson makes a big play with his feet more times then not, and seldom do the opposing teams have a spy, that would be one way they move it, a way they have all year

I have not watched all their games, but the games I watched, seems every third and 4 or such, Watson makes a big play with his feet more times then not, and seldom do the opposing teams have a spy, that would be one way they move it, a way they have all year
The point I tried to make is it is easy to run up big numbers when you play bad defenses, that is why I showed stats from bowls game.

Is Clemsons offense better than Miss State's, I don't know because Miss St play defenses that are much tougher. I know they scored 51 against NC State which is about the same as Clemson scored. I know Baylor lit up UNC defense playing a 4th string qb and scored more than Clemson did against them.

LSU was not great on offense but they toyed with us and scored how many? How many did Clemson score on us?

All season the talk was how great the Big 12 was and how great their offenses were and how bad the SEC's were, well it is easy to look good when you play defenses that give up 44 points per game during bowl season.

Again, Bama played 11 bowl teams and 7 bowl winners, Clemson played 1.

Clemson could win, but Bama will have to lay an egg. They are just better and the numbers show that, it is not very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT